Brave New World Patch notes! Version 1.0.3.276

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, yay! Personally, I vaguely expected a patch in summer (a year after BNW) to round out things and started to think we wouldn't get one - but we got a final patch after all, very glad about it!

Slightly disappointed at the balance fixes, Tradition vs. Liberty is still a bit lopsided, but I like other changes - "new" resources and the scaling warmonger penalty.

Great to see a new patch for BnW. Is this final patch as we have called for, or will there be more?

Yay for the new resources, thrilled about that. Underwhelmed by the changes done to social policies, seems far from enough, and unlocking reformation earlier seems like the wrong move imo., rather I think the reformation should be moved to finisher and free Great Prophet and some culture bonuses should be moved up.

The new patch has broken the MP game. People in the NQ game group are unable to play games beyond turn 6-8. After turn 6 the game goes to the rsync screen and when it reloads the host is unable to move any of their units. Broken on purpose to force us to go to BE?

GG guys. END OF AN ERA.

The new patch has broken the MP game. People in the NQ game group are unable to play games beyond turn 6-8. After turn 6 the game goes to the rsync screen and when it reloads the host is unable to move any of their units. Broken on purpose to force us to go to BE?

GG guys. END OF AN ERA.

Can you provide details and possibly log files to back that up?

'cause you know, 'broken on purpose' is a wonderful bug report. :rolleyes:

Great to see a new patch for BnW. Is this final patch as we have called for, or will there be more?

Yay for the new resources, thrilled about that. Underwhelmed by the changes done to social policies, seems far from enough, and unlocking reformation earlier seems like the wrong move imo., rather I think the reformation should be moved to finisher and free Great Prophet and some culture bonuses should be moved up.

Moving reformation up makes Piety very good as 2nd tree as you don't need to go far to get the reformation. Whether or not the AI likes to take piety first is another problem.

The policy trees are quite balanced as is. I don't want to see a buff to liberty to accompany nerf to tradition to upset the balance again.

Rationalism could have used a slight nerf like removing the university bonus of free thought and/or shifting secularism down a level.

GG guys. END OF AN ERA.

Yes people have been trying to get a game up for hours.

Unless I am missing something huge...looks like this patch caters or benefits MP games. I only play single player and other than resources doesn't look like much. When I can I will look at a new game and look at the trees and look for what has changed.

Hope in Civ 6 that 4-6 new trees are generated and perhaps 2 more categories per tree is added.

Brew God

Oof, well, Oligarchy was almost always the last TRad policy you'd take and now you must take it first. And Mandate of Heaven look so incredibly silly being all alone by itself. *laugh*

Just think though...how many early games has Shaka come knocking and you're wishing you had that 50% more strength...

Just think though...how many early games has Shaka come knocking and you're wishing you had that 50% more strength...

Funny thing is, I just tested it, going Tall Russia and had Genghis Khan knocking at my door. I was happy for my Oligarchy.

Yes people have been trying to get a game up for hours.
Make a ticket in the bug report forum, try to provide as much info as possible, maybe savegame and/or log files. If there is something broken this will help them fix it faster :)

The fact that there are so many MP fixes makes me seriously doubt they broke it on purpose ;)

Can you provide details and possibly log files to back that up?

'cause you know, 'broken on purpose' is a wonderful bug report. :rolleyes:

Come to the NQ chatrooms. There's dozens of hardcore Civ 5 fans literally heartbroken that they can't get a game past turn 8.

This looks cool. Not huge adjustments, but enough to maybe make tradition not get so far ahead of everyone else so fast. I wonder if a hybrid tradition/piety strategy could work now. Start with the tradition opener, get a few settlers early, and then use the piety policies to get up a good religion and reform early. Then use finish off tradition once you've established the religion.

Nice to see work still being done on BNW. But...

no AI improvements at all? Not one? Or are they Easter eggs?

Yeah! New resources, fixed spinning globe, easier warmongering on city-states, scaling warmongering through eras. It is small but worthwhile patch. Thanks Firaxis.

It is sad to hear that the multiplayer seems broken, but it could be a good sign since this may put a hotfix in high priority.

I will still dream of supported mods.

I will never stop dreaming.

I believe.

Wasn't expecting a patch, especially one with some substantial gameplay changes. What a nice surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom