ToT Game Crash on Victory Conquest

goldmage162

Chieftain
So, I was playing the fantasy game as Goblins, reveling in how overpowered fanaticism is, and I finally captured that last hard to get Merfolk city.

So once I end my turn, my victory celebration video and "You won the game" massage occurs!

Or that's what should have happened.

Instead, the screen went black. When I used alt to check whats actually happening, 3 ToT windows are open:

1) The regular game screen, which appeared to be frozen
2) a large entire-desktop covering black window (this is what I was seeing)
3) a small black box window.

The only way I was able to cancel it was to force a logout from windows.

What I believe happened was that the game couldn't properly play the video on my Windows 7 computer, and that caused the problem.

But I was wondering if any of yo rules/programming savvy people could help me out with this.

No problem. It's actually a very common issue, hence its inclusion in the FAQ.

What sort of error?

Possibly this one, I downloaded both the K-lite and the other pack, then reloaded that same game I mentioned before and tried again. No effect.

So I searched in my folders to make sure I had it, which I did.

So I pasted the 64-bit bit into my search, clicked on what came up, and got this:

Most of what I found when I googled that error code had to do with creating System Restore points though, not really old video codecs...

OK. Try running those installers again. Instead of double-clicking them, right-click and select 'Run as administrator' from the context menu.

For registering the codec, run the Command Prompt as an administrator by typing CMD in the Search box (Start Menu) and then holding Ctrl+Shift and hitting Enter. Then type "regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ir50_32.dll" and hit Enter.

Thanks! I knew it worked instantly when I started up the game, because the video played ion the very beginning (it never did before, but I could just click past it- wonder why it couldn't do that for victory videos...)

PS. I was wondering, when you have the time, would you be able to check out the ToT Midgard woes thread...had some problems with your Midgard Scenario patch (probably also due to me not understanding how to properly do stuff).

Top Bottom