[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

It seems that the Order's special Civic, I cant remeber its name, Gives a +1 hapiness bonus to ordinary palaces, but since as far as i know ordinary palaces arent used anymore this shouls be switched to each civs unique palace.

Hi Kael,

My video drivers are up to date, I switched to single unit graphics and the invisible Orc Spearmen still exist. I haven't seen any strange Lizardmen yet. I'm going to try upgrading my graphics qualities to medium from low and see what happens.

beorn said:
Oddity: It appears I cannot move an elven hunter with his hawk into a galley. (Nothing else was in it yet.) However, it is not a prohibition against animals because a moment later I loaded a bear in.

Yeah its an engine limitation, you cant have anything 2 layers deep. So you can have a hawk in a hunter. Or you oculd have a hunter in a boat. But you cant have a hawk in a hunter in a boat. Thats just the way the engine works.

Just curious, but is there any chance that air units could be worked into the fold? Rocs, wyverns, harpies, for example, would make good substitutes for fighter planes. Archery units could intercept, etc. It could also provide some more distinction between good and evil; perhaps only good civs could produce rocs, and only evil could produce wyverns. I dunno, I guess I just miss seeing things circling the cities in the sky.

kzoocauchy said:
Just curious, but is there any chance that air units could be worked into the fold? Rocs, wyverns, harpies, for example, would make good substitutes for fighter planes. Archery units could intercept, etc. It could also provide some more distinction between good and evil; perhaps only good civs could produce rocs, and only evil could produce wyverns. I dunno, I guess I just miss seeing things circling the cities in the sky.

The difficulty with flying units is all of the code that would have to be written to do it. There are some significant hurdles that would have to be overcome as well as coding the AI to use them effectivly.

So we would love to do it one day, but it is low on our priority list.

What i think is that you should make a scenario for this really amazing mode
like LOTR scenario big war a quest , something fun , it will surley make this game much more amusing for playing

hope you consider that

thanx

BlazeRedSXT said:
Since I see settlements brought up again, I have a suggestion. It seems like you have choice window pop-ups down, perhaps you could expand the building list in a asettlement. It seems to me that they are jsut too limited. And even settlement tended to be more than just a walled outpost. Perhaps you could give them options to build only one "class" of building per settlement...
Such as, give any given settlement the choice to build a Granery OR a Smoke House... a Training Yard, OR an Archery Range, Or a Stable, and so on for military buildings. Inns and Taverns were not uncommon in settlements as stop overs between cities... maybe allow building Inns if a settlement reaches a certain Population... I don't know how easy, or practical all or any of these sorts of things would be, but it would add SOME usefulness to Settlements besides cultural/border expansion, and give them a little more flavor being able to super-specialize on a limited scale.

Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers!
I don't think this would work. Part of FFH improved gameplay is that due to higher building costs, you can't build everything in every city (unlike the original game), so you need to specialize your cities. Thus, most cities built only one of the ors you suggest anyway. Your basic idea, however, is interesting, it just wouldn't work this way.

jafink said:
It seems that the Order's special Civic, I cant remeber its name, Gives a +1 hapiness bonus to ordinary palaces, but since as far as i know ordinary palaces arent used anymore this shouls be switched to each civs unique palace.
Think it does. It just excludes Forbidden palaces, Winter palaces, Bone palaces, etc.

Uberslacker said:
>>>The specific thing is the option to not move into the square of the unit you just killed.<<<

How does it work? Do you make the choice before attacking or after you've won?

It is after you've won.

You'll see that auto route display (If you do the right click goto thing) come up.

You can cancel it so your unit doesn't move.

This little thing, isn't buggy at all. Hence me only suggesting this little thing. ;)

Edit: My Elohim game is going awesomely. First I was in last place but now I've shot to first thanks to my high rate of great people and cultural expansion. Already had like, 4 cities turn to mine. As well as my steady research. I sort of wish I turned time victory off now, cause I want to play this foreverrrr.

Yorgos said:
I don't think this would work. Part of FFH improved gameplay is that due to higher building costs, you can't build everything in every city (unlike the original game), so you need to specialize your cities. Thus, most cities built only one of the ors you suggest anyway. Your basic idea, however, is interesting, it just wouldn't work this way.

I don't agree with this statement.. no offense intended, but I regularly have cities with multiple build options. If I get started slow on techs(not many gold resources nearby), then I can easily build out several cities without too much effort.
The mid to late game buildings, this is certainly true of... Grove, Bowery, Wonders, etc... but certainly not of the basic military or "quality of life" buildings.
But I tend to be an agressive builder most of the time anyway :), skimping on military units themselves until absolutely nesecary...
Its all in the playstyle... and Kael is most proud of his "not limiting players options". If these suggestions aren't merited based on engine ability, or balance issues, then okay... but the way you suggested it, I don't see it as a reasonable arguement against.

Cheers!

The strongest argument against expanding the building list for Settlements as you did is that the settlements are designed solely to be for expanding cultural influence and grabbing resources you didn't have before. The whole point of the Kuriotates is that you have these special super cities that do EVERYTHING for you, and they do it well.

One thing I noted is, you need a lot of free space to have fully utilized super cities, which isn't easy unless it's on a huge map.

Whats super-cities ? In my current game im playing the Grigorin (?), i had a medium map with 4 opponents i think. Its turn 450, i have 4000 points, second one is 2600 and then 2000 points. #4 was...incorporated into my empire. I have about 14 Cities, of which 8 or 9 are size 16+. Even though the current researches (3960 points) take 15-20 turns each :((

BTW: Is the culture im playing the one that cant change state religons ? Because that sucks :| I researched the Octupus-Religion but i cant change to it, since 300 turns or what :(

Very good mod though. I have been enjoying it a lot lately. Maybe some kind of background story on the wonders and cultures etc would be good.
Is there one ?

@Kael

After tinkering around with everything I can think of I still have some weird looking units.

Orc Spearmen: you only see the spears.
Lizardmen: head, tail and sword.
Skeletons: head, shield and sword.

I may have a similar problem with Orc Archers but I'm not positive yet.

Maybe my computer just doesn't like some of the barbarian types.:confused: :crazyeye: :lol:

Patch "h" is up and linked in the first post. It resolves the following issues:

1. Fixed Magnadines art (fix by SeZereth).
2. Fixed a divide by zero error on unmoving units in PLE (reported with fix by Vorshlumpf).
3. Fixed a pOldPlot problem when exiting and restarting a game in PLE (reported with fix by Vorshlumpf).
4. Fixed a problem where PLE incorrectly calculated moves (reported with fix by Vorshlumpf).
5. Fixed the problem error/multiple casts when you cast a targeted spell with multiple units selected (fix by Upthorn).
6. Fixed the adaptive trait so it actually lets you select a new trait every so often like it is supposed to (hey look, I fixed one!)
7. New sounds for Losha Valas provided by Yorgos.
8. New sounds for the Raven provided by Yorgos.
9. Fixed the Adaptive trait in multiplayer.
10. Fixed the Insane trait in Multiplayer.
11. Fixed the trait removal on Basiums death for multiplayer.
12. Gave the Balseraphs back the ability to build the Obelisk (and the new queen of culture is...)

Broken Hawk said:
@Kael

After tinkering around with everything I can think of I still have some weird looking units.

Orc Spearmen: you only see the spears.
Lizardmen: head, tail and sword.
Skeletons: head, shield and sword.

I may have a similar problem with Orc Archers but I'm not positive yet.

Maybe my computer just doesn't like some of the barbarian types.:confused: :crazyeye: :lol:

I think we are finding out that there is a difference between video cards that use the normal or the _fx versions of the textures.

Do me a favor. Use the worldbuilder to make Magnadine and see if he looks odd to you. Then apply the "h" patch and see if he is fixed. If so we may be able to go back and fix the weird things others are seeing.

AncientSion said:
Whats super-cities ? In my current game im playing the Grigorin (?), i had a medium map with 4 opponents i think. Its turn 450, i have 4000 points, second one is 2600 and then 2000 points. #4 was...incorporated into my empire. I have about 14 Cities, of which 8 or 9 are size 16+. Even though the current researches (3960 points) take 15-20 turns each :((

BTW: Is the culture im playing the one that cant change state religons ? Because that sucks :| I researched the Octupus-Religion but i cant change to it, since 300 turns or what :(

Very good mod though. I have been enjoying it a lot lately. Maybe some kind of background story on the wonders and cultures etc would be good.
Is there one ?

What they are calling "super cities" are a special feature of the Kuriotates. There cities can work more tiles than other civs and grow huge because of it.

And yes, the Grigori can't adopt a state religion. But their adventures are awfully cool.

Ranbir said:
One thing I noted is, you need a lot of free space to have fully utilized super cities, which isn't easy unless it's on a huge map.

Yeah, picking those hub city locations is definitly more critical for the Kuriotates than for any other civ.

Culture cities is an interesting feature, I think you could make more affect using something similar with some of the other races, although a feature that could be interesting is with some of the more Barbarian styled races, maybe one would have it so cities can only reach a certain size no matter what, but you can build an "add-on" settler that'll you place within 2 squares of it, and it'll just provide you with extra production for that city to mix what you are doing, (so it shares the squares with the other city, has no growth but takes some production to produce its on units?)

That could kind of fit the idea that Barbarian tribes generally dont have huge cities, but they produce a lot of warriors and similar, and tend to spread thinly over a wide region...

Top Bottom