[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I noticed something different from FFH1. I built an asylum in a city and non-lunatic units were randomly getting the "enraged" promotion. Is it suppose to be like this? Do asylums now grant any unit being built there a chance to get this promotion?

having the joy of slavery as the sheaim i had tons of orcish slaves doing the housework in my kingdom - in other words i automated them

one of my things was to finish the tower of elements by building eternal flame (fire) and cultivating three mana nodes for the other four - after a while i see a note in my city screen that says the tower is lacking three mana!! upon investigation - the orc slaves had destroyed the original mana sites and were replacing them with other types like chaos and enchantment - two questions:
one:
is this an orc slave thing? do they just get out of line after a while when they are not supervised? as bad little orcs?

two:
how come THEY can change my mana types and I cant?

or is this a bug

So, first off awesome work on this MOD. I am thoroughly enjoying it....

Now to my questions:
1) I am curious about the resource additions that are generated when loading a scenario. I've noticed that when I load my custom map (where I placed each resource) there are new resources in random locations. They always seem to be : Mana, Mithril, Gunpowder, and Reagents (possibly others too, but those are the ones I've noticed). Is there a way to disable that addition? I'm sure it's nice when loading randomly generated maps to include the new resources, but it's really bugging up the balance of my custom maps...

2) Alignment display: On the map alignments are displayed next to the leader's name. Is there a way to change that to display the civ's name instead? I think that the diplomacy screen does a nice enough job of letting me know who the baddies are, so I would like to change that to show the civ's name.

Thanks for any help, and I'm sorry if this has been answered before... I've been searching for anything on this, but no luck... :(

Again, awesome mod...

naf4ever said:
I noticed something different from FFH1. I built an asylum in a city and non-lunatic units were randomly getting the "enraged" promotion. Is it suppose to be like this? Do asylums now grant any unit being built there a chance to get this promotion?

Yes .

didolover said:
having the joy of slavery as the sheaim i had tons of orcish slaves doing the housework in my kingdom - in other words i automated them

one of my things was to finish the tower of elements by building eternal flame (fire) and cultivating three mana nodes for the other four - after a while i see a note in my city screen that says the tower is lacking three mana!! upon investigation - the orc slaves had destroyed the original mana sites and were replacing them with other types like chaos and enchantment - two questions:
one:
is this an orc slave thing? do they just get out of line after a while when they are not supervised? as bad little orcs?

two:
how come THEY can change my mana types and I cant?

or is this a bug

The only way mana nodes can revert back to "raw mana" is on cultural conversion. So if you lost the node and regained it through culture it would start over as raw mana and your orc workers could make it into another mana type.

FYI: workers wont be able to convert mana nodes in 0.16. You will need to use adepts for that (the big bonus is that automated workers wont touch mana nodes).

Solorien said:
So, first off awesome work on this MOD. I am thoroughly enjoying it....

Now to my questions:
1) I am curious about the resource additions that are generated when loading a scenario. I've noticed that when I load my custom map (where I placed each resource) there are new resources in random locations. They always seem to be : Mana, Mithril, Gunpowder, and Reagents (possibly others too, but those are the ones I've noticed). Is there a way to disable that addition? I'm sure it's nice when loading randomly generated maps to include the new resources, but it's really bugging up the balance of my custom maps...

The mapchecker only runs if there aren't enough types of that resource on the map. If there isn't it randomly places a few. Your best best of avoiding this behavior on a custom map is to place a few yourself. The map checker wants there to be at least 4 of each of the required resources and at least 1 mana node per player.

2) Alignment display: On the map alignments are displayed next to the leader's name. Is there a way to change that to display the civ's name instead? I think that the diplomacy screen does a nice enough job of letting me know who the baddies are, so I would like to change that to show the civ's name.

No easy way. You would need to change some python in CvMainInterface.py to do this. Keep in mind that this would make things confusing if you were playing against different leaders from the same civ (I tend to run amelachier, thessa and arendel on a team together).

Kael said:
The mapchecker only runs if there aren't enough types of that resource on the map. If there isn't it randomly places a few. Your best best of avoiding this behavior on a custom map is to place a few yourself. The map checker wants there to be at least 4 of each of the required resources and at least 1 mana node per player.

Ah.. that makes sense.. when you say 1 mana node per player you mean that if there were 16 civs you would need 16 mana nodes correct?

Kael said:
No easy way. You would need to change some python in CvMainInterface.py to do this. Keep in mind that this would make things confusing if you were playing against different leaders from the same civ (I tend to run amelachier, thessa and arendel on a team together).

I figured there would be python editing involved. :) I really just needed a starting point to start looking for what I need... for that, thanks.

I find it difficult to have 2 leaders from the same civ playing on the same map... I think cause my definition of civ seems to be a little off :rolleyes: So, in working with my mod all of my civs have unique names (ie- the 3 elven nations all have different names, even though they are essentially elven).
Plus, my understanding of alignment makes it impossible for a civ to have one. I guess I'm too much of a relativist. ;)

Thanks for the info, though I appreciate it...

Solorien said:
Ah.. that makes sense.. when you say 1 mana node per player you mean that if there were 16 civs you would need 16 mana nodes correct?

Yeap .

Kael said:
The only way mana nodes can revert back to "raw mana" is on cultural conversion. So if you lost the node and regained it through culture it would start over as raw mana and your orc workers could make it into another mana type.

FYI: workers wont be able to convert mana nodes in 0.16. You will need to use adepts for that (the big bonus is that automated workers wont touch mana nodes).

but but but my dear kael - there was no culture conversion - these were established mana sites well within my boundaries - the orc slaves had reverted them (the color of the crystals were the vanilla white and not like when you destroy a mana shrine and they glow with the type) and were in the middle of building new mana types when i caught them - it was weird because all three sites had orcish slaves on them - no workers - and they crashed all three on the same turn - it wasnt like there wasnt other work to be done - very twilight zone

didolover said:
but but but my dear kael - there was no culture conversion - these were established mana sites well within my boundaries - the orc slaves had reverted them (the color of the crystals were the vanilla white and not like when you destroy a mana shrine and they glow with the type) and were in the middle of building new mana types when i caught them - it was weird because all three sites had orcish slaves on them - no workers - and they crashed all three on the same turn - it wasnt like there wasnt other work to be done - very twilight zone

I dont know what would cause that.

Good Sauce said:
I still don't think tower of mastery is a feasible victory condition. I think the tower should be like a cultural victory, a condition for more peaceful, builder style players. As it is, it's almost impossible to get a tower victory without eliminating at least one rival. and on smaller maps you're likely to get a domination victory before you can get all the mana sources.

Maybe you could make the towers require 3 out of 4 mana that they require now. Still need a lot of mana to win, but it's a little easier to get. Just a thought.

Now to my questions:

When I tryed making a scenario I wasn't sure if I'd want gunpowder (and didn't want it generating mana all over the place between saves) so I blocked out a corner with mountians and stuck the resources there.

darkedone02 said:
hey, did you found any new music files other then the one's i search for you?

Nope, but yours were great and 0.16 is already getting kinda porky some Im not looking to add more.

I know many people have asked for a ETA of .16, but i would like to ask a general question with just two possible answers.

a)0.16 will probably be released in less than 2 weeks.
b)0.16 will probably be released in more than 2 weeks.

Please pick one...

jafink said:
I know many people have asked for a ETA of .16, but i would like to ask a general question with just two possible answers.

a)0.16 will probably be released in less than 2 weeks.
b)0.16 will probably be released in more than 2 weeks.

Please pick one...

Probably more than 2 weeks.

I couldn't find this anywhere, but I remember seeing it, so...

How do you get the tan colors on the menus? It looks really cool.

Top Bottom