The Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Question Thread II!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to possibly hear what it was about from people who had actually been there. Whatever you happen to know would probably be interesting.

You're camping in the middle of nowhere, so it's best to not count on 5-star amenities and restaurant. Bring your own water and food to be safe, a tent, and some toilet paper.
You better be tolerant about drugs.
And you should not plan on sleeping much.

You're camping in the middle of nowhere, so it's best to not count on 5-star amenities and restaurant. Bring your own water and food to be safe, a tent, and some toilet paper.

I wasn't planning on going. My best friend is a modern art fan, and the official stuff described it like it was the world series of craft fairs or something, and not a hippie freak-fest the way I imagined it. Based on your description, I think it's probably the latter.

I wasn't planning on going. My best friend is a modern art fan, and the official stuff described it like it was the world series of craft fairs or something, and not a hippie freak-fest the way I imagined it. Based on your description, I think it's probably the latter.

Oh, sure, there are crafting arts, and lots of them. If your friend is into art, he'll probably have a blast.

I've never really understood British politics and the whole "Prime Minister" and Parliament thing...
Rather than voting for a single person to lead the country, in a parliamentary democracy we vote in general elections for a member of parliament to represent your local area / constituency.

The main parties will usually put forward one candidate in each constituency.

After the election all the new members of parliament get together. The party with the majority of seats gets to be in government. The leader of this party gets to be prime minister.

You do know who the leader of each party is going into each election so that can alter which person / party you want to vote for.

One of the noticeable differences to the US is how the boss is picked. You have primaries. Over here the leader of the party is chosen by the MPs in the party (usually, sometimes party members get votes). This means that ability to perform in debates in parliament, previous service as a minister and likelihood of leading a party to victory are important and the amount they can spend on advertising in the early primaries is not.

I need the help of a French Speaker... I have a friend who is learning French is coming back from Thailand and I want to know how to say:
Welcome back from Thailand. It is wonderful to see you back here in one piece, Joseph.

Is the French Translation?:
Bienvenue retour de Thaïlande. Il est merveilleux de vous voir ici dans une pièce, Joseph.

How do I pronouce it? Someone help...

Bienvenue sur ton retour de la Thailande, je suis hereux de te revoir en q'un morceau

Thanks! Now how do I say it :p

Thanks! Now how do I say it :p

In general, to speak French, purse your lips very tightly, plaster your tongue against the roof of your mouth, pronounce every vowel in between the "oo" in "book" and the "u" in "ugh", and pronounce only every third consonant.

Hope that helps. :mischief:

I need the help of a French Speaker... I have a friend who is learning French is coming back from Thailand and I want to know how to say:
Welcome back from Thailand. It is wonderful to see you back here in one piece, Joseph.

Is the French Translation?:
Bienvenue retour de Thaïlande. Il est merveilleux de vous voir ici dans une pièce, Joseph.

How do I pronouce it? Someone help...

Bienvenue sur ton retour de la Thailande, je suis hereux de te revoir en q'un morceau

Noncon got it almost right! I'm afraid there is no direct translation in French for "welcome back from XXXX".

I would say:

"je suis tres content de voir que tu es rentre de Thailande en un seul morceau, Joseph!"

How to say it?

well...

juh swee tray con-tan duh vwar kuh tuh ay ran-tray duh thailand en (as in encore) hun (without the h) sull (said like null) moreso, Joseph!

It is going to be hard ;)

Unless the yanks have no idea how to put on a festival the food represents one of the high points. Sure take some food to save a little cash but, at least in the UK, festivals have an astonishing variety of stalls. A Zen-Vegan-Noodle stall next to a one with a whole pig on a hot-plate.

Unless the yanks have no idea how to put on a festival the food represents one of the high points. Sure take some food to save a little cash but, at least in the UK, festivals have an astonishing variety of stalls. A Zen-Vegan-Noodle stall next to a one with a whole pig on a hot-plate.

There is food. I said to bring your own "to be safe" :)

Perhaps, in order to legitimise any statement you make in this thread, you could simply end everything with a question mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom