Changes for v1.08

Changelog updated. :)

At this point I'm happy to say colonist RS is complete. :) I want to add some visual stuff in for the concept but that's all. Other factors affecting RS can be added in later.

* Global GRS is based on the RS of all units except those on the docks in Europe

Is it possible to exploit this by transporting & unloading low individual-RS tunits onto the docks?

Sorry, it SHOULD say:

* Global GRS is based on the RS of all units except those on the dock in Europe with CRS of zero.

This should eliminate the obvious exploit here. Yes, you can still move a colonist to the new world, then back immediately, but if you do that at the critical time you're wasting berths that should be full of horses and guns. :)

Open Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml, find the Pirates civ and change bAIPlayable to 0.

Maybe I'm a little nitpicky, I like the pirates in the game, but I think they shoudn't appear for say 20 turns after the game starts - is this doable ?

In plain text, is it possible to delay the entry of an ai player into the game for some number of turns ?

Yep .

Probably not at this stage. I'm a . .. .. .. . AI programmer. :)

Well the Kings troops of the Ai seems to be all over the place. The AI doesnt seem to know where its colonies are and so I regularly see Kings troops of a foreign power landing on my shores for no reason whatever since their rebelling colonies aren't even on my continent...

Well the Kings troops of the Ai seems to be all over the place. The AI doesnt seem to know where its colonies are and so I regularly see Kings troops of a foreign power landing on my shores for no reason whatever since their rebelling colonies aren't even on my continent...

Yeah I've noticed this. Noted, for future reference. :)

Dunno if you are happy with the Econ victory as it is, but its actually a bit of a let-down. Just when I get my settlements pumping out to the point I start to feel comfortable about having the hammer production to start my build toward WoI, poof suddenly I've won an econ victory. I saw a couple other players complain about the underwhelming victory as well.

Maybe instead of, or as an optional alternative (maybe in an included scenario), instead of being a victory, the "Economic domination" becomes an achievement that unlocks, say, a global trade port that attracts merchant captains to buy goods directly from your coastal settlements, giving you a steady gold income so long as you produce desired goods.

...or have the Victory conditions selectable - e.g. Anno 1701 - allowing you to avoid the econ 'victory' when you like to see the WoI to the bitter end.

I'm pretty sure it is, actually

Changelog updated. :)

...or have the Victory conditions selectable - e.g. Anno 1701 - allowing you to avoid the econ 'victory' when you like to see the WoI to the bitter end.

Choose "Custom Game" and deselect the victories you don't want.

I've been playing with the Revolution Advisor screen. I hope folks don't mind too much that colonist RS is now shown using them on the sliding scale as well as the GRS button. :)

EDIT:
Fixed bug so now citizens of colonies now show too. ;)

:) It looks a little chaotic but nice idea, making your new RS system more transparent. Maybe it would help to put them in one row at the bottom of the page, only sorted by RS (not scaled). Anyway, every security minister in real life would love to have such a screen for his country. :D

Neat, I don't suppose you could click on the units on the scale there to select them so you can find things to do with the low-RF units?

I thought of a tweak today I'd really like to see: scaling the settlement storage limits for the game speed. I like playing at Marathon, in fact I play at no other speed, and while it has advantages for more time to explore and fight wars, it has a major disadvantage for, say, trying to build SoLs ... at Marathon speed, SoLs require 900 tools + 900 guns, which is the max limit for Warehouse Expansion. Its virtually impossible to balance this, if you are building the tools and guns where you are building your SoLs, you can't supply your empire and keep a supply to complete your SoL without using Wagons or ships for extra storage (which you shouldn't have to do).

I'm just working that out now, but 1.07 is dead in the water if you update.

Dale,

I like how you added the one per building tag. Anyway we can make that tie into a victory condition. Like you have to own 7 wonders.

ok, ok I unabashedly would like this for MareNostrum which is slowly becoming AOD2: ancient med.

I'll look into. Shouldn't be hard now I've got the building changes already in and working, and I can just use the hooks I've put into the victory system.

Top Bottom