New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Both games sound good. Albeit the ant one is a bit...unorthodox ;). Rules look, like Israelite said, clean.

Dread, there have been whole NESes devoted to one battle or a battlefield. If I have time, I'll try to dig one or two up for you that might be able to help you make yours.

I think, not sure, but I think Warman did one.

EDIT:

Found some. Both are Warman's. The first one is probably not what you are looking for, but could help you nonetheless. The second I think is more of what you are talking about.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=117328

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=51525

thanks for the links!

The only difference is, in mine the map is much smaller - roughly 2 x 3 miles. for an example of a map i'd use (but am not using) check out this:

that gave me an idea a nes about diffent insects in the back yard the "world" map would be the back yard of course and different people could control different ant colonies or different insects

If your doing the ant thing a very good book to read would be "Empire of the Ants" by Bernard Werber. It's got some great stuff on what dangers and possiblities might be availalbe in a world with intelligent ants*; the wars between the Bel-o-kan Confederation and the Argentine ants are how I'd envision this NES going ;).

*Note that most of the stuff in it has very little scientific basis ;).

Hmm, yeah, what would be more fun, large scale or small scale? I picture something the size of a suburb, or small town.

I could make the game now, you guys post and send orders,m and then I update when I get back....

Dis, thanks for the link, I was thinking of a would scale, but in RL it would take quite awhile for the ants to make places

How do we send orders if we don't know the rules? Or do we just send a basic idea of our ant group?

This is a sort of tech demo, just to see what people think of it. It should be fairly familiar looking to some people...

I'm not quite happy with RI-V, UI-VI, or UI-VII, but those ones are sort of place-holders. I might expand the cells to 50x80 instead of 50x75, but not sure about that. The rest are fairly good. Everything forward from there might be familiar to some people... PI-X is a secret until I can get it done. ;)

I'm toying around with this for an idea I might eventually do. Anyway, looking more for aesthetics commets: images too small? Too big? Text legible? I'll probably go for less pastel-looking colors next time. I like the black text on white shadow effect though.

What is that for? Looks nicely done.

Some things going on in the background. It'd be awhile before this (specifically anyway) was used, but that's just as well as I'd like awhile to fine tune it.

It would be interesting to be in a NES where the players are 1 general of several in an Army.With other nations generals fighting them.That would make a world war interesting.

Top Bottom