While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

I decided to start a new Commander's NESIOT that you can check out here

Session 1 of:
The Holy Glimmers of Good-Byes

Trench Foot & Rank Pits

Sira’s first time in a city started rather auspiciously. Though the storm raged all around the city, the divine power of the Glorious GOD LETHRON held the rain at bay. Nothing was going to mar the festival to his glory and strength, and Sira let herself be swept up by the crowds moving towards the arena.

Unable to see LETHRON effortlessly sweep the floor with the other team at MAYABALL, Sira, a young girl, brownish skin marked with constantly twisting and shifting blue tattoos - the most noticeable being that of a pig prancing about her midriff - attempted to climb to a ledge in the arena.

For the first time since she was a little girl, her hands slipped when she tried to climb, and she fell to the ground, only to be accosted by a fat, greasy, lecher of a man. Luckily for her (Or, perhaps, luckily for the greasy man) famed novelist and professional Hero Stefan Nimbus, who happened to be nearby, conscripted the aid of Gormey, an orc mercenary, and came to her aid. Thier imposing presence drove away the fat man.

As Sira made her way up to the ledge, as Gormey and Stefan argued, and as LETHRON scored yet again, a cloaked man made his into the arena. His cry of “Tyrant!” and “Freedom” were echoed by a number of his compatriots scattered through the crowd. Each drew crossbows, bolts dipped into an unknown tar like substance, and, as LETHRON laughed at them, shot the God.

Gormey, angered that someone would ruin his vacation, smashed the would be assassin to the ground, but it was too late.

Whatever vile magic coated the bolts counteracted all the protections the God had. The God’s golden blood poured forth from unclosing wounds, and, as it touched the ground, dissolved into a choking black smoke which rose up into the sky. At the same time, the protections around the city unraveled, allowing the storms, long angered by the defiance of the city, to pour in. As the rain fell, it mixed with the smoke of the dying god and soaked the inhabitants of the city.

Gormey, with an uncharacteristic presence of mind, plopped a shocked and shaking Sira on his shoulders, and, holding Stefan’s arm, pushed through the crowd, making for the exit of the city.

And not a moment too soon. As the rain fell on the citizens of the city, it did something to them. The twisted magics, divine and necromantic and... something else... began to unmake and remake many of them, body and soul. As they were made and unmade and made and unmade, and ravenous anger and hatred began to consume them, and they set upon each other and those who had resisted it’s effects.

The city, built upon the will of the great god LETHRON, began to collapse, and, seeing a way out from the rain, Gormey led the party into the catacombs beneath the city.

There, they took a moment to regroup, before deciding to travel towards the river. Out from the horrific effects of the rain, Sira calmed herself and thanked “Mr. Gormey” for saving them all.

Coming to an intersection, the party ran into a taciturn woman who gave no name. A tense standoff was interrupted by one of the corrupted, and though the monster was put down easily enough, the woman joined the party to escape the city.

Closer to the river, the party was again attacked by some of the corrupted, who poured out of the stones of the city itself. With Ice and lightning magic and Steel and Trident, they were put down, though Stefan was injured while dealing a killing blow to one of the monsters.

As the corrupting rain began to let up, the party emerged near the Prismatic River, on the edge of the collapsing city. Deciding how best to proceed, they made the decision to make for the relative safety of the jungle, ignorant of the dangers within... and of a scratching at the base of all of their lungs.

Dramatis Personae
(In order of appearance)
Sira: Thomas.berubeg
Stefan Nimbus: Azale
Gormey: Thlayli
Unknown Woman: North King.
Dungeon Master: Luckymoose

I know this technically belongs to the NES Development thread, but I think this best suits the current forum pace.

---

As I have talked a bit about on #nes, I am soon hosting a "developed" fresh start.

I've decided to go more semipublic with it. I am currently worldbuilding by developing a wikia.

For now, I need the map finished. This is it, for critique. It's probably still... "curvy" as NK puts it, but I think I made it look much better, I made a number of straighter coastlines and varied the mountain chain density a lot more.

North King, if you're listening, I await further direction. Anyone else may provide input as well. I think I'll only edit it one more time though.

Btw, ChiefDesigner asked about the map's scale. I have still not decided on it. I think I'll probably have the middle peninsula the size of Greece though.

And for those that haven't seen it. This is my game concept:

The NES begins in the area called the Pohmyran Bay, with several city states scattered along the bay’s rich coasts as well as its islands. Several polities will be designed by me - eg Hmanar, Rukhmun, Skoracladth, Meihmar - while several of the polities and a few cultures will be designed by you. The bay is currently in a huge crisis (basically three cumulative disasters: a salt crisis, a famine and a grim epidemic) with its major powers (the polities I design) struggling to get by. This allows for polities that have previously been minor (the polities you design based on the major cultures) to shake up the balance of power, while migrant nations (the polities you design that are, well, migrant and therefore not part of the cultures I design) are slowly creeping into the Bay.

I will host the game both on CFC and The-Frontier and hope to update once every three weeks.

Map looks great. Perhaps something with the mountains, if anything, but I can't quite point at someone for sure. Concept is interesting. I hope I find the time.

Glad to hear. :)

Oh, btw, rivers aren't placed yet. Just wanted to say that.

If you have reliable free time on summer weekends and are interested in a once-in-a-lifetime Pathfinder roleplaying experience*, check out the draft document and let me know of your interest. Then convince me you are worth adding to the party. There are 1-2 spots available for qualified players who wish to enter a world of alchemy and intrigue.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RDMIO1XPSKdfHBpmEUntFhW7xvJWRl84N2DFjr4NJjA

[YOUTUBE=BTLCjq7Zwio]BTLCjq7Zwio[/YOUTUBE]

*Could be once in a lifetime bad. :p

Also, I finally get my computer back on Thursday, hooray.

Thy, I could perhaps be interested. You've seen me play, what kind of audition do you need?

You don't need anything, Thomas. I've played with you, and you are a delight. :) Auditioning/application is mostly for people I don't know or know well. Schedule will be floating, so as long as you can mark off Saturday or Sunday afternoon eligibility during summer we're good.

And yes, TNES is Coming Soon (tm). To both forums, as previously indicated.

NES is split across two forums with a total of like 13 people still participating in said activity. I urge those still around here to migrate over to Frontier to keep NES alive before it just turns into DnD club.

If the Frontier was worth migrating to, people would have done it already.

What is there to be bitter about?

Top Bottom