The House of Nesser-A CK2 Succession Game!

That would be me

QQ more :p . Lord Iggy gave me three wars, including with Holmgardr, who sent way too many Russians against me. I don't even know where most of the soldiers he had came from in the first place cause he hadn't raised any levies or anything. Good luck!

Those wars were all going pretty well for me. The Garðariki one looked bad because my forces were elsewhere when the Rurikids came and stormed occupied Luki a few months before my death. I had those forces because I was using my tribal levies. It's in the intrigue screen. You can spend 500 prestige to gain 2500 soldiers.

Hurrah what new daddy issues awaits us?

I want to wait for the new writeups before continueing, just to know where things are, but I can probably do my run through tonight!

I have found this to be a very interesting read. Thankyou guys for sharing. May great fortune befall the house of Nesser.

I especially liked EQ's encounter with the Old Ones, wasn't expecting that! :D

Thanks, personally I think our next SG should be with the After the End mod. No set end date and lots of possibilities for good fun. Been playing it myself and it's very flavorful and entertaining.

Rules said:
-Have up to one week from receiving the save to completing the save.
As much as I'd like to see the rest of his writeup, he does have more time, by the rules we implicitly agreed to.

Yea, let's give it the full week before we move on. I'll give it to Thomas on Fridayish, and we'll see how it goes from there

Would anyone be up for an After the end succession game?

I'd be up for either an upper michigan or gulf start

I'd want an Americanist religion start, because that religion is freaking awesome in content.

I am only able to do this kind of thing on weekends, and this weekend is full of competitions. You should continue and I'll fill in my write up later.

The House of Neski​
The Reign of Emperor Strasz I

Special Mommy Issues Edition

Spoiler :

I am Jarmila z Obodrytow, Empress of the Wends, Poles, Pomeranians, and Lithuanians. I am mother to the Emperor Strasz Neski, and wife of the late Emperor, Trojden III. My husband’s passing leaves Strasz, a boy of twelve, in my care, and I rule in his name. My husband’s nobles insisted that one of them should be placed in charge, but I refused. I had already lost one son, my eldest. I would not let them touch my sweet baby boy. Besides, there is no one better suited for the position. My husband’s reign was a reign of war and conflict, and though I had sat my husband’s throne in the past because of this, there is now an added edge to my words. The lowest servant to the highest chief bows that much lower to me, for I am the eyes, ears, and mouth of the Emperor.

Spoiler :

As of now, the realm is in tatters. Many are in open rebellion, and those who are not are openly planning treason. My husband’s death at Hildesheim was tragic, but necessary to break one rebellion, but I fear two more rebellions shall soon take its place.

Trojden II, may all curse his name, and his insanity still plagues this realm. Those who worship the Arab God still plague our lands. Divide and rule is my strategy. My dungeon is filled with malcontents who opposed my husband. If they keep to the Old Gods, they are free. If not, their property is forfeit.

Spoiler :

It works exactly as intended. Emperor Strasz is both praised and feared, and my power grows by the day. I do not keep favorites at court, but certain luxuries, as well as some...less scrupulous actions….well the needs of the regent are many after all.

Spoiler :

I continue to reward those who give both loyalty and faith. Those who I deem a threat, even if they had not rebelled yet, are given an ultimatum and most bow. Those who do not, are crushed. Though a good many of my targets are those who follow the Arab God, those who follow the Christian God are persecuted as well. I care not for any god in particular, but for the stability of the realm, we need the Old Gods. Those who deny this fact will be crushed, both in the realm and in others.

Spoiler :

Eventually, I am victorious, and those foolish enough to oppose me now languish in the dungeons of Kiev. I don chainmail and sit the throne during the celebrations and swearing of fealty of the new lords to my son as Emperor and myself as Regent. He smiles as he talks with his lords, laughing with them. Oh my poor sweet innocent son. As long as mommy’s here, you’ll be ok. You’ll always be ok.

Spoiler :

To the south lies Hungary, the only other Western realm not taken to the Christian God. My husband’s reign suffered greatly from a lack of friends, decrying his father a weak fool for not securing our Empire, and I shall not have his misfortune come to my son. A necessary alliance is made, and my daughter is made the Queen of the Hungarians, and the future King’s daughter is married to my son. She cries greatly before leaving, but I slap her. Does she not know that this is to protect her brother? My poor little Strasz, he needs to be safe in this world. He needs to be protected. Can she not understand this? Can she not do her duty?

Spoiler :

My Strasz, my son, his regency is at an end. By our laws, he is a man ready to rule, but he will always be my baby boy. . My enemies at court hoped to diminish my influence, but as Emperor, Strasz’s first action is to name me regent. Mother knows best after all. Let me help you sweetie, let mommy take care of all these nasty plotters for you.

Spoiler :

The Bulgarians foolishly march to war against us once more. My son prepares for war, and once more I take my place on the throne in Kiev. As a capital, I find it sorely lacking. The cities of the Pomeranian coast of my girlhood look like Rome in comparison to Kiev. It is incredibly distant from the rest of the realm, and is unsafe as a border province. Not to mention the people. Russian and Orthodox, they would sooner kill us than trade with us. But I will not stay here long. There are still enemies in the realm, those who would harm my sweet little Strasz.

Despite my benevolent rule, there are those who still defy my son. Plotting...planning….they will not hurt my little Strasz….I will sow their fields with salt and wipe out their line if they dare hurt my Straz….

And that’s the last thought I’ll ever need…..

Spoiler :

Emperor Strasz I of House Neski

Special Mommy Issues Edition Volume II

Spoiler :

Mother is dead...mother is dead. I never thought it’d happen. Mother is dead. The woman that took my mother’s life shall rot. Every day, she will lose a finger, a toe, something, anything to the rats. She will pay. Mother was right. I cannot trust Russians. I cannot trust Bulgarians. I cannot trust my vassals. Each and every one of them seeks to put a knife in my back. Mother taught me though. They cannot put a knife through my back if I put a sword through their chest.

Spoiler :

The Bulgarians declare that God has granted them our land. The only thing they will be granted is my steel before I crush their pretentions on my Empire. There is no “God” above me. My grandfather, the Accursed, the Godslayer, proved that our blood stands even with that of the Gods. I will not have some pretentious priest tell me otherwise.

Spoiler :

Perhaps the Accursed part of our line lasted longer than grandfather, for they cursed me with brothers. One, the King of Pomerania, the other of Lithuania and Moravia. Though they are sworn to me, they had always been jealous of our mother’s love to me. I cannot blame them for their jealousy. Our mother’s love is sweet and pure, and envelopes you in a feeling of bliss and happiness. She had told me as a child, as we laid in bed, her soft hands petting my hair, that my brothers may try to steal my birthright, and that I should be prepared for them… That is why when the Chieftess Ewa usurped some of my brother’s lands, I smiled and allowed it. An ambitious and intelligent woman, and at such a young age. Were I not already betrothed, she would make wonderful empress. In any case, I shall be watching her closely.

Spoiler :

With the Bulgarians defeated, it was time to finish my mother...my sweet sweet mother’s work. The followers of the Arab God held the birthplace of the mighty Geralt. I would not allow them to defile it any longer. Mother would go to war for it. And so would I mother...so would I.

Spoiler :

It was at this time that my betrothed came of age: the daughter of the future Hungarian King. Though she could never compare to my mother, she had a certain charm to her, and soon she was carrying my child.

Spoiler :

Seeing us in a weakened state, the filthy Norsemen invaded, trying to contest my rule in Pomerania. He was assuredly stronger than the rebels I had nearly crushed, but there was a far more sinister threat I faced.

Spoiler :

Jaceck, the strongest of my vassals, King of Moravia and of Lithuania. It seems he was not content with his crown, and plots to kill me for my own. Patience will rule my hand for now. Mother always suggested caution. Defeat those who would first trample your garden, and then kill the weeds.

Spoiler :

On this score, my father in law, King of the Hungarians, was of great use to me. His mighty armies helped sweep the Swedes back into the sea, and it was not too long until I secured a humiliating surrender from him.

Spoiler :

Now little brother, shall we see who is most worthy of our mother’s love? Mother CHOSE me, not you. And soon, you will learn why.

Spoiler :

Emperor Strasz I of House Neski

Special Mommy Issues Edition Volume III

Special Note: Text before images this time sorry :<

It took a great many men, and much gold to fight the War of the Neski Brothers. The songs they sang of us, two brothers in a rage of jealousy towards one another, pitted in a tragic fight to the death. &#8220;OH!&#8221; they proclaimed, &#8220;Oh how the Gods weep. For the victor shall soon see his triumph turn to ashes in his mouth.&#8221; But those fools are wrong. For the prize of mother&#8217;s love, there is no looking back. I marched across the marshes of Lithuania, and my ax was insatiable against his shield. My soldiers burned his camps and took their women. In the final battle, Jaceck lost his hand, and his freedom to my dungeons, never to be heard from again.

Spoiler :

With a certain stability at home though, I could now recover the territories my mother was unable to recover. First was the island of Rugen. My Seers and Priests assured me that the Gods would look favorably upon my actions, but to me it mattered not but for avenging the humiliations of my family.

Spoiler :

To the south, a paltry Bulgarian army marched against us once more. My Father in Law has once again came to my aid and marched his soldiers against my enemies. He has honored me like I was his own son. I shall be sure to pay the favor in kind. But in the meantime, Jaceck at last has been put to rest, his old wounds aggravated. He is survived by his own infant son, a threat I shall keep an eye on. In the meantime, I have decided to bring my other younger brother, Wojciech, to court. Perhaps we may have a better relationship than Jaceck. In but six years of marriage, my wife has only given me a daughter. I am assured that a son will come, but I still worry. Perhaps my brother may indeed become my heir? I shall take him as a squire for now, and see where my fortunes lie.

Spoiler :

While I am on campaign though, crushing the Bulgarians, word reaches me that my wife has given birth to not one, but two children! And one is a son! I name him Dobrogost, and pray for a good future for him.

Spoiler :

In the meantime though, internal threats have yet to end within my Empire. The High Chiefs of my blood, those who trace ancestry to Geralt of Rivia, they connive to claim my crown. My mother made good use of assassins, and so too shall I.

Spoiler :

It was a longer campaign than I had hoped for in the North, but my vassals engaged the enemy as well. By the time I had finished a counter attack to at least take Rugen, my vassals had removed the Norse presence from Pomerannia, led by the lovely High Chieftess Ewa.

Spoiler :

Victory in hand, I must now turn my attention to my nephew, the King of Lithuania and Moravia. A lad of three, but a threat all the same to my own son. My mother did whatever it took to keep me safe, and I shall do the same for my own son&#8230;

Spoiler :

In the meantime though, I determine to take a new war to the Bulgarians, to punish them for past transgressions. My father in law once more heeds my call.

Spoiler :

However, despite my great victories abroad, my worries are forced to return home. My brother is a man grown, and a lesser man for it. A cowardly brute, who killed his own wife in a jealous tantrum, I have already caught him plotting against me once. Unlike Jaceck though, I fear Wojciech. For the safety of my son, and for myself, I must be sure that he cannot perpetuate his schemes and cruelty any further,

Spoiler :

In due time though. My assassin's have made short work of my nephew. It seems the poor fool had thought he could fly, and took a jump off the castle walls. Such a pitty&#8230;.

Spoiler :

The Kingdom of Rus to the east seems weak with their infighting. I march with my brother, not just intending to surpass the first Trojden, but also to find a way to deal with my brother. Perhaps a stray arrow?

Spoiler :

I left Wojciech in control of one of the castles we had conquered to help defend it against the Russians. A rotten balcony collapsing in a newly taken castle was assuredly a clean death, no? Who would think to blame the Emperor for such poor architecture?

Spoiler :

Ahh.

I capture the Russian King in battle near Kiev, and enforce my gains upon his Kingdom in exchange for his life. I have won, but my family now looks ever more wary against Emperor Strasz the Kinslayer&#8230;.

Spoiler :

Emperor Strasz Neski I

Special Mommy Issues Edition, Volume IV

With the outcry of the murder of my brother, I knew drastic action would be needed to preserve the stability of my Empire. Not only was my own clan chomping at the bit, but I still had treacherous Muslims and Christians to deal with as well. I needed a new way to rule, by way of law, not by arms. For if I strained myself fighting all of our internal enemies, how would I fight those of the Cross and Crescent? I spoke with a Seer, and she told me of the history of our Empire. Long ago, Trojden I had sought the same answer, only to be undone by his son, Trojden the Godslayer. But now, I had brought them back to life.

Spoiler :

Almost immediately, we were beset upon by the Bulgarians. My armies were tired, and I led them to defeat, an arrow grazing my cheek.

Spoiler :

I hired a great many mercenaries at the expense of the Empire&#8217;s coffers. They helped drive the Bulgarians from our lands, but between the Reformation and the invasion, it seems there was a new devotion to the faith. The Warriors of Perun they were called, and swore themselves to defend our Holy Empire. I immediately brought them into service while I marched to fight the Russian threat in the East.

Spoiler :

While victorious in the South, I suffered a great irony and humiliation fighting the Russians. My charge was cut off and my guards slaughtered, making me their prisoner. I was forced to surrender, and my recent conquests were lost.

Spoiler :

The reason for our recent weakness was that we had lost our alliance with the Hungarians. My father in law had passed, and their King was married, a development I had not cared to foresee. I had an unwed daughter that would make an excellent Queen though, once the current one had been...disposed of&#8230;

Spoiler :

The Hungarian King was furious, but still accepted my peace offering. This surely will not come to haunt me. Mother tells me I am a good person&#8230;.

Spoiler :

But then, tragedy strikes. My heart breaks, and I sob uncontrollably&#8230;.my son&#8230;.my beautiful son&#8230;.

Spoiler :

Leszek had good reason to be called the ill ruler, and I was determined to make sure that the crown did not pass to such a lesser scion of our house. I would redouble my efforts to have a son. In the meantime though, one benefit of our newly reformed faith was that it gave me a much more prominent religious authority. One of my vassals, a Muslim, had long escaped my purges by not throwing himself in with rebellions, and I did not wish to risk direct confrontation. However, with our reformed faith, it seems at last a reconciliation can occur.

Spoiler :

I have resurrected the Gods, and it seems they shall reward me. My wife is pregnant...please&#8230;.a son

Spoiler :

But then...tragedy&#8230;

Spoiler :

FOUL TRICKERY! FOUL! I SHALL HAVE HER HEAD FOR THIS! The murder of my wife&#8230;.of my unborn son&#8230;.. The Gods I revived are surely too cruel&#8230;.were my actions that terrible? It is a great relief then when the Franks come, into our lands. I will don my armor, and pray for death in battle. My son in law does not heed my call to war, but I expect no less. The Gods are ready for me to depart this world, all the better to do it in a blaze of glory and blood.

Spoiler :

But in the end, their Holy War ends in failure, with the capture of the Frankish King.

Spoiler :

I let him go in return for peace, but it seems that the war and prison shocked him too much. He died before his return to Paris, and his son blamed me for it. He declared war, and this time, all of Christendom intended to fight us.

Spoiler :

But the Gods may grant us some boons. My son in law heeded this call, and I felt invigorated once more to fight this war.

Spoiler :

By the end of this war, the Frankish King was dead, and his daughter took his place. She tried fighting against us further, but the war was over. I offered generous terms, and peace returned to the West.

Spoiler :

These victories game me a new lease on my life, and I was determined to live on. I married the daughter of Leszek, the opposite of him in every way. She would give me a son, and hopefully Leszek would support the claim of his grandson against other pretenders. I would have a son&#8230;.I must...

Spoiler :

My son in law calls me to war against the Romans. He intends to conquer Bulgaria. I agree, though my men are already in campaign in Moravia. I send word that my troops will be there by winter.

Spoiler :

I am at last vindicated, with my wife pregnant. Oh sweet woman, you have made me so happy. And with the Christians are beaten once more, I send my men south to fight the Romans.

Spoiler :

A SON! A SON! AT LAST A SON! My wife asks to name him Trojden, in order to better relate him to previous Emperors. She is a crafty woman my wife, and I agree. I am so happy, I write to my Dobrogost. He has a brother at last!

Spoiler :

This time, I do not campaign with my men in our many victories, but instead stay with my wife in Kiev. Though I am older than her own father, she is a woman of quick wit and kind demeanor. We get along very well. I name her regent for when my time in this world is over. I feel it fast approaching. Soon, I shall be with my mother and my son once more.

Spoiler :

In the south, we are victorious. A buffer from the encroaching Romans was worth sacrificing my men for.

Spoiler :

And with that final victory, I can sleep at last

Spoiler :

Goodbye my son, and Good Luck! Long live Emperor Trojden IV!

Top Bottom