New Official Arriving / leaving / introduction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
toh6wy said:
Man, my signature is so old... I really should get around to changing it...
Old... or classic?
It's one of the only ones I remember from when I joined here.

I agree it is a classic. I usually have sigs turned off, but I turned them on just to see what Taliesin and punkbass2000 were talking about. I too remember it from back when I first signed up.

I'm gonna be away for a while. Something really weird happened to my computer and apparently it cant be fixed (WTF???). I was uninstalling Pirates! and I heard a weird sound from my hard drive, and then my sygate firewall crashed, drWatson32 started running at 100% of cpu process, and then all my network devices stopped working. I had a tech come to my house and he had no idea of what was going on after spending 2 hours trying different stuff.

So I'll have to buy a new one when I get bak to Montreal :mad: So much for my vacations in Jamaica :cry: Bah, anyway I needed a new one to be able to play the upcoming Civilization 4....

So I probably wont be back until 3-4 weeks.

Have fun.

@MODS: you should update the link in the OT notice board thread, it stills refer to the old Arriving/leaving thread.

Well since I never gave myself a formal introduction when I joined the forum like a year ago, here goes:

Who Am I? I am a freshman at Mandeville High School and I am fourteen years old. I live in a town called Mandeville in Louisiana. I am a quarterback for our highschool football team (and will possibly be second string next season).

My Interests I like to program computers with C++, play my guitars (one's a Fender Stratocaster), sit around and listen to classic rock, and sometimes play CivIII. Oh yeah, and of course, hang around here!

My Political Party 'Association' Republican. No Bush hater or republican hater here could possibly sway my political views. I have one thing to say: we do not need a Democrat president at this time. And also my dad would be extremely pissed if he found that I was a democrat.

My Favorite Bands/Types of Music are as follows (and are mostly classic rock): Pink Floyd, Van Halen (not really classic rock, but hard rock), The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, and Blue Oyster Cult. Some non-classic rock bands that I like: Def Leppard, Black Sabbath, and The Pretenders. Any type of rock past, let's see, 1988, sucks. All punk, alternative, and emo sucks. Rap completely sucks no matter what time period it was from. Ragtime music (especially Scott Joplin) is pretty good.

Favorite Food: Well since I mostly eat the crap they give us at school (which the quality happens to be deteriorating right before my eyes), and we don't get to eat out very often, I would have to pick the school's pizza as my favorite food.

Favorite Drink: Powerade or Coke (I think I'm seriously addicted to caffeine :( )

Favorite Movie: Pink Floyd The Wall

Favorite Song: Money by Pink Floyd

Well, that's the real homeyg.

Hey guys. I used to go here all the time, and eventually I left. I was just a lurker though, and never really interacted with people. I'm not sure what pushed me to come back, but I've got to say, it's great to be back home. You can check my profile for personal stuff. I guess that's it. See you guys around.

Ah curt, I remember you and your infamous capacity for trashing. Yes, it certainly is good to be back.

I'll be gone from the 13th of March until the 24th of March, away in the southern US. Visiting the Tabasco factory as well as some other random stuff. Until then, see you all later! :)

Obviously, I changed my nick to Fifty.

The reason is because my old nick was stupid, and because I generally use this one everywhere else on the internet, so my confusion is lessened now.

Just an FYI.

Ginger_Ale said:
I'll be gone from the 13th of March until the 24th of March, away in the southern US. Visiting the Tabasco factory as well as some other random stuff. Until then, see you all later! :)
Dont dip your head into the tabasco sauce :p

Welcome, again :).

@lozzy:

Lozzy_Ozzy said:
I won't be on CFC as much from now on (previously most of my free time! :eek: ) as in the few months i've been here (forsy few i never posted, middle few my PC was broke) i've suffered the following syptoms:

1) Loss of REAL social skills (i used to be good at talking, now i fid i hard to string a sentnece together! No joke!)

2) I don't see my mates anywhere near enough (pre-CFC once every 1/2 day(s), post-CFC once a month :()

3) Loss of memory- i tend to lose my memory far too quickly, i can't remember what i did yesterday without hard though and its hard to recall this morning!

4) I'm becoming dumb, i used to be A*/A/B, now i'm B-D :(

5) I'm too lax on school work "Oh i'll leave that coursework until i've been on CFC" 5 hours later "Lets forget my work and go to bed..."

6) I'm lazy around the house now, i used to help out, now i just sit at my PC on CFC...

7) Myh brain has mushed

9) My eyesight is decreasing even more rapidly :sad:

10) Gaining weight, back problems etc from constant sitting in wrong position...

If you see me on CFC often (eg. for more than an hour a night, i come on every night etc) please PM me and tell me to go away as i feel i am "needed" by you guys and if i don't post on CFC i will miss something important and i might be needed (which is obviously wrong).

Well goodbye (sorta anyway), i'll miss my "virtual friends", i hope i still have some real ones :sad:

:p

I'm moving... I'm leaving Paris to go to San Jose, CA, because my wife has been hired by the American HQ of her company.
So I'm also leaving the Europeans of this forum to join the Americans :)
Oh boy...
I'll be back in a few days, as soon as I buy a computer and internet access.
If you've got nice adresses in the Bay area, please feel free to PM me ! (that goes for any kind of advice about living in the Bay area, btw)

@Masquerouge: And what about your job? You'll also work in San Jose? - (just asking, as I'm not at all sure if I'd move into another country for the sake of my wife's job, if I had a wife that is - I also have my job where I live, so I'd be going nowhere.)

Anyway, have a nice flight and hope to find a good apartment.

EDIT: Except of course, if my wife earned so much money that I wouldn't worry about a new work elsewhere :lol:

It is me, Japanrocks12, anybody here that remembers me?

Yah, I know, the last time I was here was back in '03.

You can expect to see me in the Off-Topic and Other Game sections.

Anyway just wanted to say hi, I've been playing Civ 1, then Civ 2 and I think I'm at a point in my life in which I can try Civ 3, although I realy love Civ 2 :). I'm from Poland and I will probably need some time to figure out this community because I've never before entered a forum that is so large. I mean this is the largest forum I've ever seen. Anyway I will complete my profile so all you freeks out there can see what kind of a person I am. Hope to have a great time with the people that share the same passion as I do. See you around. :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom