Fall Further on Hiatus

Thank you, FF Team, for all of your hard work. You've brought me and many others countless hours of fun!

I, too, hope that the FF Team will reassemble and begin plugging away once more in the near future.

The patch looks like great work, and no one can forget for a second that it is hard core WORK. I've done my own share of building, scripting, and bugfixing in a much different project (relating to Neverwinter Nights), and know anything of that nature is a grind that's best shared with a team, and as different time crunches and absences hit a team, you need to adjust your plans and ambitions.

In any event, thanks FF team, for everything done to date! It's great fun, and designed to be so mod-modder friendly, that I'm sure lots of other interesting ideas and pet projects are still to be seen in the FF world.

Though this is being done without official notice from the main mod designer, Vehem, so should he show up and reveal that his absence was due to an emergency trip, or a fried harddrive, development may continue immediately and with a vengeance at that point. But it doesn't seem overly probable.

*cough*

Well, my timing appears to suck...

====

I've been away from Civ for a while - a combination of the factors listed above. Initially my computer needed replacing which the team knew about shortly after I did fix it - then a period of RL troubles that I didn't tell them about (was more concerned with dealing with them at the time, but I should have at least told someone). I'm not keen on discussing those publicly however, so I'll just apologize for the lack of communication and hope that will suffice.

Xienwolf and WarKirby have both sent PMs over the past month to find out what was wrong, but having not logged onto the site since then, I received them today. Given the lack of commutation on my part, the decision here is fully understandable. The exact timing of the whole thing is just somewhat tragically amusing (my sense of humour may be a little off just now admittedly...)

===

I'm actually going to say that the hiatus will be continuing a little longer whilst we sort out what exactly the next move is. I for one need to catch up with what has been done in the meantime (and reinstall Civ - never did get around to that) and I've posted a few thoughts to the team board about things we may need to do - which includes taking a few steps back and looking at what we've done right/wrong and how things can be cleaned up.

For that reason, you may find that 060 is actually a cut-down of content with the aim of improving stability/speed, which can then be rebuilt either through the improved modular loading, or over time as things are better refined and readded.

I'm waiting to hear back on whether that is thought to be the correct move.

===

Sorry again - will try to make it up to people.

Welcome back! We've all missed you. I'm sure you can tell.

I noticed you were on today, too. I almost called you out in this very thread. Luckily, I managed to hold myself back.

--

I'm glad Fall Further hasn't become the next The Last Days. (Ancientwanker, the Vehem of the group, has been missing for, like, half a year. The rest of the team is spending their days arguing with people asking "is this mod gonna be released?")

I'm glad Fall Further hasn't become the next The Last Days. (Ancientwanker, the Vehem of the group, has been missing for, like, half a year. The rest of the team is spending their days arguing with people asking "is this mod gonna be released?")

See that was the first mistake I made... I actually released something :D

This is good, hilariously comical although I'd expect the team to be a bit "WTF?". Real life issues can be messy at times so I dont think harsh judgement will be passed. Looking forward to news from the team.

OK, If you are looking for solme people, you may find some here to help you go on.

I tried to give examples of as many different ways to use it as possible. Units shows off one method of hardcoding, and how to add another, as well as how to dynamically change the visible list. Techs flaunt how to link both lists together so you sort by a value AND eliminate all non-contestants with a single selection. Plus with a self-posting and updating bulb list, people can now more easily adjust the bulb order to fit their tastes (just remeber BOTH sort options matter, XML order and calculated value)

Skeletons get +20% vs Archery units

Yeah! I was thinking this should apply to skeleton units months ago.

That said, I really miss capturing elven slaves, and having them retain their elven traits, same with dwarven workers.

Thanks for the hard work... I've done a full mod before, and it was TONS of work, much of it not fun at all.

Wooo Vehem!

This means I don't have to make the next bit of Fall To Peices the final final version and then go start arguing with Valk! I can be patient, though.
Cutting down features? Start with ranged attacks ;-)

I was joking, I know what a sticking point they are for a lot of people. The butchering them out of the code was a last resort I didn't even want to make (I like using archers to pelt things before my guys with pointy sticks get involved).

Top Bottom