Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tacfun said:
Ok...laxpimpj log onto MSN and I will upload you the mod file.

1. You need to make a copy of Rhye's Of Civilzation folder and rename it Rhye's Of Civilization(tacfun) just like the one Im uploading and then copy the folder Im uploading over the Rhye's Of Civilization(tacfun) and it will place the Australia civ files in it. Then use the (tacfun).biq file to play.

Enjoy and have fun!! This is instructions for who ever downloads it once laxpimpj posts a link to the mod file.

tacfun

You don't need to copy anything if you edit the folders:
look at how I did with Sumeria alternative version...go to the editor, it's in scenario properties

I've been experimenting a lot with China, and I've come to the conclusion that they are more powerful than Rome if you play your cards right. I'll post a save of my most recent game on Demigod once I get to 1600 or so. It's truly incredible what can be accomplished with that start.

One other thought, Rhye:

If you want, you could easily make an optional Menelik II patch. In case you didn't already know, there is an excellent Menelik leaderhead by CivArmy which can be found here.

Right now, your mod searches for the Mursulis leaderhead and uses it as Menelik. However, if you made a patch which put the Menelik leaderhead into the folder, named exactly the same way as the Mursulis leaderhead, you could make an optional patch compatible with all future patches. For example, you rename the ancient Menelik flc to X2_Mursilis_ancient_fwrd.flc, and when the mod searches for Mursulis, it will find Menelik first.

This isn't actually as complicated as it sounds, and I don't see any way it could cause compatibility problems.

I don't know is lpimpj will post the mod with Australia or not...but Im not working on that project anymore. With all the experimenting with it I have learned alot and relised that I will redo a different version on the 500turn version. I believe I now understand the computers behavior better and how I can increase WONDER build times and make the game a bit more balanced.

tacfun

just finished it tacfun
-added a full civilopedia
-Their UU (Light Cavalry) + still thinking about adding huey as well.
-America is gone (open for European colinization)
-Wonders happen earlier

Im u/l it right now, should be done in about 30 minutes.

The url WILL be

http://www.mysubprofile.com/joey/Rhye's of Civilization Australia Mod.zip
or i guess
http://www.mysubprofile.com/joey/Rhye's_of_Civilization_Australia_Mod.zip

either way just go to www.mysubprofile.com/joey and look for Rhye"something".zip

MOST IMPORTANTLY
my ftp is pass'ed
User name = Joey
password = ihatemiss

:)

Rhye.... I have found major inbalance and or bugs. But we can fix it easy. As I was working on the mods of mine I came across Greece and wondering why York of England always built the Colossus? I found the anwser!! They had Iron near YORK! So when looking at Athens I relised that Athens Iron was on a Mountain out of range. So what I have done is moved the 1 Aluminum off the 2nd hill and put it on the Athens starting postion hill. I then removed the Iron from the mountain and put it on the hill where the Aluminum use to be and now the Iron is within the city radius. I believe the computer doesn't build WONDERS if the resource they need are not within its city radius building blocks. So even if its within your culture boarders and has a road to it it still won't use it on a WONDER! Must be within city limits. Im not 100% sure of this yet but computer does seem to act like this.

tacfun

@lax I think the password is wrong i couldnt dl it. What leaderhead did you guys use?

Jaguar said:
One other thought, Rhye:

If you want, you could easily make an optional Menelik II patch. In case you didn't already know, there is an excellent Menelik leaderhead by CivArmy which can be found here.

Right now, your mod searches for the Mursulis leaderhead and uses it as Menelik. However, if you made a patch which put the Menelik leaderhead into the folder, named exactly the same way as the Mursulis leaderhead, you could make an optional patch compatible with all future patches. For example, you rename the ancient Menelik flc to X2_Mursilis_ancient_fwrd.flc, and when the mod searches for Mursulis, it will find Menelik first.

This isn't actually as complicated as it sounds, and I don't see any way it could cause compatibility problems.

Jaguar, that was exactly what I was looking for. I was going to make a request, and I didn't notice that in the 26th it was posted.
I will release the next patch before leaving, and it will include the leaderhead.

tacfun said:
So when looking at Athens I relised that Athens Iron was on a Mountain out of range. So what I have done is moved the 1 Aluminum off the 2nd hill and put it on the Athens starting postion hill. I then removed the Iron from the mountain and put it on the hill where the Aluminum use to be and now the Iron is within the city radius. I believe the computer doesn't build WONDERS if the resource they need are not within its city radius building blocks. So even if its within your culture boarders and has a road to it it still won't use it on a WONDER! Must be within city limits. Im not 100% sure of this yet but computer does seem to act like this.

tacfun

I will try to move iron closer to Greece. About the English, I've redrawn Britain completely, so I'll know soon what's going to happen.

Rhye i will generate a map with fictional civ without rules change ...

I will use Random Rhye and i will create a scenario ....

What do you think ?

Good luck ;) I'll add a link to your mod in the site.

But wait! Tonight or tomorrow I'll post the patch 2.61:

Changes in v2.61:

- Added Menilek leaderhead by CivArmy
- Fixed Mayan civilopedia entry
- Ethiopian UU now the Oromo Horseman (same animation). The Shifta will be back in the Expansion pack, with a new animation.
- Menilek renamed Menelik. Both are correct, but the latter seems more used
- New plains irrigation graphics; updated grassland irrigation graphics
- Muslim fanatic animation replaced with the Saracen Infantry animation by DomPedro II
- Swapped position of one iron and one aluminium in Greece
- Redrawn Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy. Some changes to France and Libia
- Tuned Egyptian, American and Ottoman strength
- Babylonian starting location moved back one tile NW

I temporary abandoned since i seen the work to make ;)

I woulds like create a scenario C3C Rhye of Civ with the 134x130 Map :)

Wait ! In the expansion pack, Dragoons will are the second UU of Frenchs :) ?

Edit : Rhye, in 2.60 on random map i can't reach modern era because too late :crazyeye: I finish 2050 with middle Industrial Era ...

Rhye said:
No. It's the Grande Armée: replaces the Army
Oooh! What's unique about it as compared to a regular Army?

this is what we will discuss together :p

It could be an higher capacity, or an higher movement.

The animation is OK (the Napoleon already in the mod, but with the tri-colour flag) and being the 2nd UU is accurate, as it represents the Napoleonic army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom