THE Civ of the Week Thread!

The Capo, if you remember, I said on Bakuel's unit thread that I'd be making a Berber CotW. I actually included the Berbers as a civ in WoL, using them to represent almost all of Moorish history (from Ancient Libya, to Numidia, to the Moors, and the Barbary Pirates). The UU isn't one of Bakuel's units, although that's because Bakuel's didn't exist back then. :)

Anyhow, I lied again about which civ I'm going to make. :p Assuming I even get to Srivijaya's LH fast enough, Srivijaya is going to get out right after the Berbers. I figured it'd be pretty easy to take the Berbers out from WoL.

Alright, the Berbers are up. Want to try the Abdkins Diet? Well then...

DOWNLOAD THE BERBERS!​

(Yes, yes, I know I lied about Srivijaya, but I thought some modders could use this, especially after Bakuel's awesome Berber units were released)

Alright, the Berbers are up. Want to try the Abdkins Diet? Well then...

(Yes, yes, I know I lied about Srivijaya, but I thought some modders could use this, especially after Bakuel's awesome Berber units were released)

Hehe, I actually hoped these would be next, saves me some time figuring out a Berber civ on my own (might still vary it somewhat though) ;)

Great! :D Can I add them to my mod? :please:

Feel free to use them for whatever evil diabolical purposes you have in mind. :mwaha:

Well, all the Civ of the Weeks I have can be used by modders if they like. Just remember to give proper credit! :D

Hehe, I actually hoped these would be next, saves me some time figuring out a Berber civ on my own (might still vary it somewhat though) ;)

Hehe. :mwaha:

Wow, looks great! I was wondering when someone was going to do the Berbers/Moors!

Just one question though: What's the icon for the Foggara supposed to be? It looks like a bunch of jagged lines to me.

My humble request-

Can we please have some American or Sub-Saharan leaders? The list of American (Civilized or tribal) only contains Venezuala, a modern civ, and the link doesn't work!

My humble request-

Can we please have some American or Sub-Saharan leaders? The list of American (Civilized or tribal) only contains Venezuala, a modern civ, and the link doesn't work!

Yeah! Make Peru or Chile! :D

Don't worry. I have a few American and Sub-Saharan civilizations on my list, such as Tiahuanco, Axum, and Nyamwezi (I think it's them), just to name a few.

However, right now, for Civ of the Week, I want to (generally) finish my Silk Road civilizations first.

So you think there's enough of a distinction between ancient Axum and medieval/modern Ethiopia?

Though I have no complaint; I'd love to see an Ezana LH.

So you think there's enough of a distinction between ancient Axum and medieval/modern Ethiopia?

Though I have no complaint; I'd love to see an Ezana LH.

To me having Axum and Ethiopia is as logical as having the Sassanids and Persia. :D

There isn't much a distinction in my opinion, but I decided, what the @#$% not. Also they'll be going into the deluxe version of the Silk Road compilation, so, yeah.:mischief:

Don't know if this would be any good but could I request a Libyan civ. Or perhaps the Hasfids/Tunisia?

(Hafsid flag) For now I might change some stuff to use Berbers as Libya, since I already have Morocco.

If you make Libya, here are some suggestions...

Leader - Omar al-Mukhtar (Philosophical/Protective)
UU - Camel Gunner or Desert Raider

Don't worry. I have a few American and Sub-Saharan civilizations on my list, such as Tiahuanco, Axum, and Nyamwezi (I think it's them), just to name a few.

However, right now, for Civ of the Week, I want to (generally) finish my Silk Road civilizations first.

Great! :D

Hey Cybrx!
Any progress with any of your CotWs?
I'm not sure of your current WIPs though, but I suppose the Khitans and Srivijaya are next.
Also, I'm not sure but I think you agreed to make some of the Mamluks, Mughals and Moors (all 3 are planned to be used by Capo in Diplomacy)

Hey Cybrx!
Any progress with any of your CotWs?
I'm not sure of your current WIPs though, but I suppose the Khitans and Srivijaya are next.
Also, I'm not sure but I think you agreed to make some of the Mamluks, Mughals and Moors (all 3 are planned to be used by Capo in Diplomacy)

Well... :lol:

I was supposed to have finished the next version of World of Legends right now, and afterwards to have moved onto Srivijaya. Unfortunately, thanks to the wonders of real life, my progress on WoL has been somewhat stalled these last couple of weeks.

Anyhow, yes, the Srivijayans and Khitan are next, at least according to what I said above (which, of course, as history shows, can change). I have also agreed to make the Mamluks on request, and I remember somewhere I said I'd redo the Mughals for The Capo (but he'll need it for a module, so they can wait for a while). The Moors have already been done as the Berbers, so I won't bother there.

So... Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to finish the next version of WoL by the end of this week, and then quickly do the Srivijayans and then move onto the Mamluks and Khitan.

In my module packs the Berbers and Moors will be two different civs. The Berbers will be in a generic module pack and the Moors will probably be part of the "Crusades" module pack, which I think I will rename "The Cross and the Crescent," after that Civ2 mod if anyone remembers that one (I'm thinking three to four civs for each side/religion).

Hmm. I see. I'll probably put the Moors way down the line, then - since if I remember correctly you also put the Crusades Module pretty far down the line for Diplomacy II yourself.

Hmm. I see. I'll probably put the Moors way down the line, then - since if I remember correctly you also put the Crusades Module pretty far down the line for Diplomacy II yourself.

Yeah, once the mod comes out the Module Packs will be out every two weeks (or thereabouts), so it won't be for a couple months or so until the C&C module pack is released. Both Europe packs come out together. So its like the Americas, Module Pack II (I gets released with the mod), Europe (I and II), Module Pack III, and then either Module Pack IV, Cross and Crescent, or Natives. I haven't decided yet.

Top Bottom