Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

BAT won't affect the operation of BUG or BUFFY, so you don't need to worry about that. BUFFY should install in the \Mods directory, so it shouldn't interact with BUG, at least mine doesn't.

Are you sure that you're patched to 3.19? And which version of BUG and BUFFY are you running? What OS are you using? There is a fix for BUFFY when running on Windows 7/Vista. You can find that in the HoF forums, or here:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista

Press CTRL-ALT-O while in game to see if BUG is running.

A little more information would help.

System WinXP SP3

BtS Patched to 3.19

Buffy 003 in Mod directory and BAT 4.1 also in Mod directory, they work correctly.

The problems occur when I install BUG 4.4 into CustomAssets folder.
A
It doent work (no bug icons and shortcuts for option) .
B
and it breaks all other mods (BAT, BUFFY, MoM...) After BUG installation while using Buffy/Bat/MoM I can load the very first game after strating civ or start a very first new game and play w/o problems. The problem is when i try to load another game or quit to main menu and start another new game - I experience CTD without any error message.
So in practice I am forced to load new game by quiting civ to desktop and starting again.

PS
BUG into Mod folder = no problems
BUG into CA folder = problems

But I need it in CA for posting SG on board

This might be asked already but Ive been wondering how do i get buffy working on the steam version of civ iv with windows 8.1? been getting this message everytime i load it the game runs with the mod but then when i try and load a save it crashes
Spoiler :

The link to the FAQ jiust takes you to a main page - where can I find the FAQ?
AFAIK, the FAQ page has been deleted or destroyed. I can't find it either.

This might be asked already but Ive been wondering how do i get buffy working on the steam version of civ iv with windows 8.1? been getting this message everytime i load it the game runs with the mod but then when i try and load a save it crashes
Spoiler :
You might want to ask this one in the HOF forums. I know they have workarounds for Vista and Win 7. They probably have some advice for getting it running on Win 8. Have you tried running the game as Administrator?

Is it possible to get BUFFY working in Linux?

Think everything is set up correctly, but when Seraiel tried to load a save, he gets an error. I don't know what is wrong, but do you know if it's possible to get it working in Linux? I use PlayOnLinux, basically a front-end for Wine (Windows emulator). Bit more info here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13682096&postcount=89

BUFFY is installed in the Mods folder, and the mod itself loads fine from what I can tell (got a warning when not ticking lock modified assets). I've replaced the BULL dll with the one provided by BUFFY. Therefore think it should be fine here, but if whatever BUFFY does doesn't work in a linux environment, even via Wine, then I guess there is little to be done. Would be great if somebody have experience with it though, and can help me out.

I don't know anything about Linux, so I can't answer your question, but have you tried asking in the HOF forums? I know that Denniz has put together some info on getting BUFFY running on Win 7 and 8, as well as Vista. Maybe he has done the same for Linux.

Sorry I can't answer. :(

In order to make more than 18 civs playable in scenario I have to edit CvGameCore.dll, right? Does anyone have such clean BAT mod file modded for more than 18 civs? I can't edit dll files and 18 civs is way too few for me.

Yes, you would have to edit the DLL code to have more civs.

But take heart. I have a 50 civ DLL for BAT kicking around here someplace. I'll find it and upload it to SourceForge. Stay tuned to this thread and I'll let you know when it's posted. :)

Hmm... it seems my joy was a bit premature. I copied this new dll file where it should go and I can now set more than 18 civs in my setup, but immediately after clicking "start game" I have a CTD.

Thanks, but I managed to find a replacement. So far I was playing huge mods but on GEM at the beginning of the industrial age the slowdown was annoying as hell, so I was looking for smaller mods. I tried BAT, but recently I found Diversica - quite small mod AND it already has BUG/BAT/however it's properly called :D I hope this smaller mod will be less demanding and I'll be able to enjoy it to the end.

In the city screen, what do the + signs next to buildings represent?

For example, some buildings like walls and barracks do not have a + sign, but the majority of them do:

Some of this screen shows BUG ... but some of the screen doesn't. I don't think the '+' items are BUG.

I see, so it's not native to BUG. That led me to make a forum search, which provided me with the answer:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/better-bat-ai.421897/page-20#post-13734774
That plus sign is an indicator that there is a hover with the information that you're looking for. With the new Platy UI elements that I added a while back, there is more information for the bar than the bar can hold. Therefore, to keep the clutter down, the plus sign is there to show you that there is more information there to see.

Stupid question time. I have a save game using regular BTS 3.19 patch. Which, if any of the available variants (BUG, BAT etc.) is going to be compatible with that save? Or am I going to have to start from scratch?

BUG installed as single player will be compatible. BAT will not.

Thanks, BAT is the BUG+VD thing, right?

Top Bottom