WE WANT CIV! WE WANT CIV! WE WANT CIV! (support group for those who are unfortunate)

CamilleTheGreat

Chieftain
Hey guys, let's start a support group to appease our addiction...
Here's my story:
1) Civ4 didnt come out when it was supposed to on the 25th
2) Shipments of Civ4 never arrived to Canada making all stores push back the date to the 27th
3) Nope pushed back to the 28th now...
4) And im now finding out that my Intel 82865G Extreme crap graphics card or chip or whatever it is, won't support Civ4. (btw, anybody know what card i should get, im pretty sure i have a PCI port... what would be the cheapest and quickest one that i can find and that would work???? thanks).

Maybe i was never meant to get civ4...

Anyways, i saw some people were cool enough to actually play a game of civ4 while posting each turn with screenies for us unfortunates to feel a tad better...

What's your story?

1) I feel your pain, it hurt me too.
2) I feel your pain. But I was lucky enough to get it on the 26th. :mischief:
3) This is torture for you, but I still feel your pain.
4) The game runs far too slow for me, and I am beyond the recommended settings, not the minimum, but the ones recommended!

Now, go here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133226. I hope it helps at least a little. :)

damn Amazon delayed my shipment :(
After enquiring they said not to worry, it may be shipping late, but will arrive on time (I assume this meant they would upgrade my shipping from standard).

It's finally shipped! And I can track it. Yay. Funny how the Amazon page says estimated delivery date is 1st November (what they promised) but the UPS page says 3rd November.

So more lies from Amazon. Those bastards! :cry:

if it helps, I got my copy today, played max half hour, I have pent more here helping other pepes and working on my endless homework.

To day I have had it with waiting! I'm going to get it either from my shop, or I'll get it from the distribution center or I get it by traveling to germany, even if it takes me 400km of traveling!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

majour minus regarding the civ4 distribution around the world!

Here is my story

1: checked with the store i preordered (and paid) on the 20th .. said release on the 24th
2: checked on 21st .. said release 4th nov
3: reading boards to stay sane
4: reading boards to stay sane ...
5: whoes this guy name sane ?....

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

my story:

1) Nobody here knows exactly when it is supposed to come out
2) still somebody claimed it will come out on 31st oct, then 4th Nov, 5th Nov
3) Today shops told me in 2 weeks, mid November, it makes me feel like NOT buying the game anymore, seriously :mad:
4) as for the hardware, some say it works for 5200fx, 128mb, 512mb ram, some have issues, even upgraded the nvidia driver already

overall it feels like :vomit:

Well I had it in my hands yesterday, on double price, while my shipment at play.com is still on hold. I can tell you that all the stores have it except the one I chose (that promissed a nicey price too).

But paying double price for a week of waiting is not what I'll do. Still, there's no real reason to be in this situation. If Virgin and so on has it, why don't play.com? Many major minuses, Wilem...

1. preordered it from amazon.co.uk because
a) it would be released earlier than in Germany where I live
b) it's a little cheaper and
c) I can't stand german language in a civ game

2. something went wrong with the amazon stuff, so now the release date is 4th of Nov not 25th oct like it used to be

3. To top it off, cIV is already released in GER, and it's a multi-language version! :cry:

4. Planned to play it the upcoming weekend long, since it's the last one I have before semester starts. Those plans became a victom of Murphy's Law.

5. Adding to the pile is the fact that I own an ATI card and I am still troubled with all the bugs I'm reading about.

The only advantage I still have is the fact that it is still some €'s cheaper than in GER. Still, I am seriously considering cancelling the order and getting it in a local shop. What do I do?? :confused:

Amazon.com, and other retailers, refuse to ship software to FPO addresses... I hope the Navy Exchange at my next port carries it.

I have looked out for this game for so long.

At one point in August the release date according to Amazon UK was March 06 so I was delighted to see it change to Oct 21. Then it I heard it was 28th. Now it is 4th Nov. Im just thinking of the carrot on the end of the string here!

It seems to me that the organisation of the release of this game (or lack of) has damaged the reputation of not just 2k games, but of the suppliers (though it probably isn't their fault, they are just the messenger!)

I just hope its worth the wait.

Perhaps they simply want to avoid the problems they had with the US launch?

(french tech tree, mislabeling, etc.)...

Personally, I do find it VERY annoying to wait it out, especially when you've canceled whole days to be able to play it! :mischief:

But get over it.. lots of games have their release dates changed, and personally I think its more appealing to a publishing company to have their customers complain about the release date first, rather than to rush things and have them complain about errors such as the ones I mentioned before, demanding replacement.

Just my 2 cents :)

EDIT: Yes, I live in europe but I doubt many of you would know what i meant if i said "just my 20 øre" (danish "cents") - and yes, I have to wait for the 4th and probably the 7th due to the weekend (and yes, I have cursed them into oblivion..)

Hmm.. perhaps they focused on getting the games out to germany first, while miscalculating their production capabilities and thus not having enough DVD's printed to supply all of Europe?... personally, I hate getting to a store and being told they are sold out ;)

Me too here in canada, my shipment date is changed every day.

And now on futureshop.ca they say that they are out of stock for that and don't know when availabe. :mad:

I've known for a while that my poo-tar isn't good enough to run cIV. I'm left choosing between buying central heating and a new boiler for my house, and buying a new computer to run cIV on.

My friends, I regret to announce that I chose the heating.

However I may (fingers crossed) still have enough money, thanks to ludicrously good financial management. I'll know in December.

In Australia, we've been told November 3rd as the release date. I could be being cynical but I think that date is a load of horse-shyte. I dont know why I think this but it just seems too good to be true. I guess next Thursday will tell whether I have no reason to feel this way or whether I knew it all along.

I still dont understand why a world-wide release could have been done. That way we ALL would've gotten the game on the same day (within 24hrs) :D

Top Bottom