GoobNES02: The Cold Civil War [Preview Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
panda...you might want to add a backup nation incase contempt gets USA.

Hi Guys,

1 - I am working on an Alliance map. That is on my list.
2 - Trinidad is intentionally a part of Venezuela.
3 - I fixed Germany's Capital (Bonn) on the 1966 Map.
4 - I recently uploaded a PNG version of the Map, that should be better quality. My graphics editing skills aren't that great.
5 - Welcome alex! I am fairly sure that Stormy will be the USSR, he is well qualified for it.
6 - Sounds good, Kam. Poland might still be available, hehe.
7 - Welcome Oeri/Storm Rider. Good choice.
8 - Noted, Panda. Glad that you applied. That just made my choice harder, hehe ... I suggest that you choose a backup nation, like Azale said. Maybe a country like Japan or India?
10 - Ya, I know Panda. I can't host PNGs on CFC, but I will try GIFs.

I am hoping to start this NES in a couple days, with our first Update by the weekend. I will see how things go though. I also will need to open a new thread. Thanks for all the interest thus far!

It's just nice to see a nice, large, well-run NES again. If more of these existed, I'd still be here more often.

I'm still kinda pissed at Conehead for stopping the superhero one.

Calling Japan, alternate is South Africa.

Heh, thanks Oeri for giving me the benefit of the doubt. I've not even started to operate this NES yet, and it's already being described as "well-run" ... that is certainly a vote of confidence, although I hope that it is not premature.

Welcome Symphony! Duly noted, as well as Panda.

Just a note to those whom are applying to be one of the superpowers, it will help if you send me a PM with just a bit of information about yourself, your experience, perhaps an example, etc. Thanks for your cooperation! *puts on thick sunglasses, pulls down black hats, walks off checking over shoulder* .. :p

Well, I have fond memories of the original, though I did get in too late to really enjoy it, which kinda sucked.

question about the Caribbean nation thingy (CC) are their leaders black or white? i would assume black considering that the majority of the population would be black (or just something other than white :p )

Looks good, can you explain the Nuke thing

Kentharu said:
question about the Caribbean nation thingy (CC) are their leaders black or white? i would assume black considering that the majority of the population would be black (or just something other than white :p )

If it has good relations with the confederacy, they might keep the white elites in power.

Or, at least, the light-skinned blacks.

After a long consideration and being really really nice to Stormy (keeping in mind the fact that Brazil is taken) I will pick Iran.

I also want to say that in terms of CONSCRIPTION you are not totally correct. Many states have it and alwayws used it. CONSCRIPTION would only be "very unpopular" in liberal democracies and other such states....

Oh this should be fun...if I end up with Iraq. Yay, players in the middle east!

Which nations are members of the Commonwealth? What type of clout does the UK hold among these nations and how important is the Commonwealth itself?
How widespread is nuclear technology?
Is the tech level approx. OTL?

Kal'thzar said:
Silver Look up the commenwealth on Wiki

But its mostly Britains old Empire. (although I think Madagscar was invited to join, due to WWII reasons and other more socioeconomic ones :/)

I know which nations are in the Commonwealth in OTL. I want to know weather it is the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom