Alpha Centauri

FunnyAcc

Chieftain
hi
I played AC for some time and I wonder why have Civ3 not a 3D-Terrain ? AC have a real 3D-Terrain, so you can build the tarrain up and down
and it have a super weather-system
so if y grow the terrain up you get more humidity for more food
ok in the anciend and the middle age time y have't the technology to take it
but it was a nice characteristic of the game
and AC have a big reasult of polution: warm up the ice caps

so I think AC have many ideas to a great game, why have't the
firaxis team don't realize it in civ3?

Maybe because we don't have that level of technology yet (or at least we've never used it intentionally yet)

yea ... such things as forrest that expand and desserts extend are totally science fiction :rolleyes: and moisture collecting on one side of a mountain range creating a much more habitable place to live ... we dont have the science for that quite yet :p

i call all these features a living earth ... they were bloody great and is the next step in the genere ... but civ3 isnt the next step :s .. it is the last step

i would dare say that warpstone and sebastion have never played alpha centuri? ... just guessing

firaxis have opened up the market for a clone to be made ... by using these advanced options that have already been proven to work then not using them in there premiere title

and i beleive that the firaxis team didnt add any of these cool features is because they wanted to dumb it down for the mass market ... and it appears that the dumb down game has won many a hearts and mind ... so not likly that civ4 will have any cool features that require u to think all that much :(

i call all these features a living earth ... they were bloody great and is the next step in the genere ...

yeah your say the right thing :)
if firaxis include the mod featuring of civ3 and the "features a living earth" into a one game
this would be a real great game :D

Top Bottom