Info Screen -- Where is Everybody?

Mister Donut

Chieftain
Greetings, all.

I have installed the latest Beyond The Sword patch, and was thrilled to see that they included a "No Espionage" option. That way, those of you who enjoy that aspect can continue to do so, but for people like me who, well, let's just say was not very fond of the new Espionage to say the least, can turn that "feature" off.

Anyhoo, I am now enjoying Beyond The Sword, but I noticed that I can no longer see other civilizations on the graphs within the Info Screen. This really makes it hard, especially since I cannot see where I sit -- exactly -- regarding Power (I know there is the rankings screen, but that just tells you where you rank, not who is more and less powerful).

After doing some searching on this site, I see that other Civs only show up after a certain amount of Espionage is researched/stored/whatever the term is. Well, since I turned Espionage off, I do not know how I can ever see the other Civs.

Does anyone know of any workaround for this?

Thank you,

Mr. Donut

The current No Espionage is really crappy.

Not only can you not see graphs at all, but turning espionage to culture really breaks the culture system and makes culture wins excessively easy. And the pointless espionage buildings still exist and you even get a Great Spy from Communism! :lol:

There are some mods out there that will fix the graph issue, I think Bhruic's does, but personally I wouldn't bother with the option unless it simply removes the espionage from palace/courthouse/castle/jail and removed the two espionage buildings altogether.

Thank you for the fast reply, Joshua. I turn off the option to win culturally, but I can certainly understand where that would be a major irritation to those who have that option on. Unfortunately, I simply cannot play it with Espionage turned on, so I will have to live with these little quirks for now.

Thanks for the mod suggestion. I will have to give that a try if I find this too difficult to work with, as is.

I believe you need to get the unofficial patch in order to see the graphs with espionage turned off. IIRC, there's something of a bug in the patch that doesn't allow that info to be displayed otherwise.

Top Bottom