What is the reason behind the turn times?

martix

Chieftain
I have a question:

Is there some logic behind the turn times of the mod?

If yes, I'd like to know what it is.

Why do different speeds end on different years?
And why do turns increase in months after the 90s? It seems to be a re-occurring theme between the different speeds, so at least it appears deliberate.

I have a question:

Is there some logic behind the turn times of the mod?

If yes, I'd like to know what it is.

Why do different speeds end on different years?
And why do turns increase in months after the 90s? It seems to be a re-occurring theme between the different speeds, so at least it appears deliberate.

Gamespeeds don't end in different years! I've spent ages to balance things so that game always ends in 2200. Which revision are you using?
Turns are balanced so that you can discover things at the right time according to our history, if you wish so. Since there are more techs between 1950 and 2000 AD than between 6000 and 1000 BC, this should answer your question.

Well...
1. It's based on the XML. I haven't actually played till end. In the process of one game now. I used this in the calculations: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17261
2. "more techs between 1950 and 2000 AD than between 6000 and 1000 BC": This answers the question why they get shorter up until that point, not why they get longer after that.

That's a very very old version of Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn. Lot of problems included the one you're reporting. Look at the main download thread for the latest revision but be warned that you can't continue your old game with the new revision and a lot of things have changed compared to your version.

Well I'm obviously not looking at the data, just the excel sheet formulas.
Give me some credit. :)

Top Bottom