Randomness of Civ

So a PPP of sorts:

Make this trade

That will let us get MilTrad at 80% research in 4 turns or so. (unless my math is WAAAYYY off and we run out of money). Mobilise the army and perch them on the doorstep of the Portuguese. I am working on the assumption we want to take them out? Either them or the Spanish. Get more units out, specifically cannons. I'm going to keep the existing wealth builds in place until MilTrad comes in. I may possibly also only play until then, depending on where I find our units and what occurs through the TS :)

Well, it's not cannons we need, it's navy to move those cannons (and other assorted units).

Cannons + basically anything able to take out redlined defenders. And some stackdefenders might come in handy as well.

Ok. I have played only 4 turns. I would like to play a few more but would appreciate the rosters' input before I do. Here's the report so far:

IBT: Whip galleon in Utica and Hippo, granary in Tolosa, forge in Vienne and CH in Yoroslav. Make the Gilgamesh trade Lib for 410 :gold: and Lib to Asoka for 108 :gold:. Switch cap to Research, MilTrad in 3 turns.

T1: We have a lot of units I didn’t see before :blush:. This turn mostly consisted of me moving workers around…

T2: Freddie comes with a demand:

I decide no.

T3: MilTrad is in! I wave the whip around, some Galleons are loaded. We are (almost) ready to attack!

T4: Washington cancels his deal of 7:gold: with us. Ok. I renegotiate 7 :gold: + Ivory <> Iron. I whip a bunch of galleons but don’t DoW because of this lovely navy:

I have also made the following two deals:

A bunch of Frigates and Galleons will complete next turn but will take a few turns to get into position. I have also upgraded the Trireme that was protecting our seafood to a Frigate.

Also, the save:

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1870.CivBeyondSwordSave
    379.1 KB · Views: 67
I also only played 4 turns because I was getting quite tired and didn't want to mess anything up. Input would be appreciated and then I can play the 2nd half of my set later today.

Can't see the save now, but maybe the same turn you DoW you can drop units next to Evora and Lisbon and hide navy in Carthage and that northern city we have west of Lisbon. Or whip more frigates before of course.

Can you see what units are aboard a galleon? If not, we may be wise to keep our stack in the cap since Boudica has a bunch of galleons in her fleet and they may be loaded...

If boudi is not red fisted chances are very low those galleons are filled up. AI is very bad at overseas invasion anyway. I'd keep 3 or 4 decent defenders in Carthage just in case, but drop the rest on her shores.

you could probably snap the city defenders T0 of war and thus wiping the whole ship stack if you bombard frigates and attack amphibious, making strong beachhead and lessen water pressure.
it will cost a bit of muskets though... like 10 muskets can possibly fall easily

I am actually playing as you typed the roster :D Apologies for the delay, was going to post a "skip me" Friday but the servers were busy. Expect a report in a few minutes.

So I played. Simply got troops in position. We took Boudica's capital :devil:

We also have a GS in our capital. The Southern stack is not going too well but our Northern stack is pretty awesome and we can swoop South once we secure the Northern cities. I hand over the save :D

Attachments

• Randomness AD-1875.CivBeyondSwordSave
    391.2 KB · Views: 63
I'm gonna have to ask for a slight extension on my time - two more days. Sorry, but I had to get my grandmother's computer fixed and then there was emissions testing and tabs...

Same dealeo here, of course. Or does this just count as a got it?

Good set woop:D

looks like the stack to the south can take Evora after another turn of suicide by cannon.

We need to split up the stack in the north for a 2 pronged attack. One can go towards Coinbra and we could put a smaller stack on the boat and sail around the coast for Guim. We would need to take out those frigates though.

Our GS can bulb part of Physics or we can go for a GA
Same dealeo here, of course. Or does this just count as a got it?

if you need a skip that's cool.

Top Bottom