BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Well, it seems I found the answer to one problem and another problem has arisen :lol: When I load the mod and make a game everything checks out (no HoF warning, buffy interface present), but when I downloaded the latest BotM and open the save to make sure they work I get a lightning fast error message that I couldn't make out and then the game crashes :crazyeye: BotM saves go into bts > saves > single, correct?

That is because the assets are not the same, you have to do what is in this post.

The problem I'm having is that when I do what that post says (switch to the beta version on STEAM) it gives me the invalid mod directory error message no matter what. The fix I linked to a few posts ago lets me atleast load buffy and not get a HoF warning message. So I guess I will be able to submit to the HoF but not GotM?

OK, finally home so I can look at my game system with Win 8.1 and STEAM installed. Here is where my HoF BUFFY Mod is installed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003

There are two Mod folders, they are in different locations. The other one is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

OK, finally home so I can look at my game system with Win 8.1 and STEAM installed. Here is where my HoF BUFFY Mod is installed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003

There are two Mod folders, they are in different locations. The other one is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods

That first filepath is also where I have buffy installed. However, neither buffy nor any other mod in that folder will open when I run the beta version offered by STEAM which includes gamespy and should allow for xotm saves to be loaded. Instead I get the invalid mod directory error message. When I run the default steam download which xotm saves can't be opened on, however, mods are working fine. So, as it stands now, it looks like I can submit my own HoF games, but can't open xotm games.

I'm thinking that when you replaced this file, you cannot use the beta version of the game. You have to replace this file with the original file to get it to work correctly. :hmm:

One thing to watch when you have done multiple installs / re-installs is that there may be incorrect registry entries left behind. Basically you need to:-

1. Uninstall all version of Civ
  2. Delete all folders including those in 'My Documents/My Games'
  3. Run a registry cleaner e.g. CC Cleaner
  4. Reinstall Civ

1. Uninstalled all versions of Civ and all related files and folders in Documents, Steam apps, etc.
2. Ran a registry cleaner.
3. Reinstalled BtS.
4. Downloaded Buffy.
5. Replaced Game Startup Check file.
6. Switched to beta version.
7. Double checked all permissions.
8. Ran BtS as an admin.
9. Received error message while attempting to load buffy :mad:

@MeowZeDung

I may have found a fix. Using the Beta Steam Version, I've been getting the invalid mod folder when attempting to load BTS from steamapps or creating a custom shortcut to the BUFFY Mod. However, when I started the game by clicking "Play" from the Steam library, I could then go to Advanced and load the BUFFY Mod.

I hereby politely request, that Lemon Merchant gets on the team for BUFFY .004 so that this mod finally reaches its release. Lemon Merchant has the skills to finish this project, a project where I asked for the status just 2 posts above which is 2 months ago, which didn't even get answered.

We want that new version of BUFFY, and with Lemon Merchant on the team, we maybe even could make some requests for the mod, so that the final version will be something really special, something really good. Denniz said that we cannot make any requests, and he also admitted, that the BUG and BULL version implied in the new BUFFY are not the newest ones, that is imho very odd. I for example would request the new BUFFY to have an inbuilt calculator, because I cannot count the numerous times where I have to switch on the desktop, hoping that my game will not crash once I switch back in after the calculations have been done.

We've been waiting long enough for the new BUFFY, we want a BUFFY that is at least as good as this one:
Spoiler :

:joke:

No, seriously. Plz get Lemon Merchant on the team. It's really to the best of the HoF.

004 is supposed to separate espionage victories from culture. That'll be nice.
Other than that, what new things would it have? i.e. what am I missing out on!

I think Global warming will get tougher since there was a bug in the GW mod which is still in BUFFY, so get your Time and Space games in now!

I think the latest version of BUG notifies the player when a civ has a new tech, even if it's not willing to trade it, so it's a lot easier to keep track of research and one doesn't have to check the tech-screen every turn. What also comes to my mind are hidden diplo modifiers, which are shown in the latest version of BULL, don't know if BUFFY.004 already has this integrated. The calculator alone would be enough of a feature for me though, to want the new BUFFY.

Global Warming imho shouldn't be changed, because:

1. It's just annoying
2. It has been proven wrong
3. Things shouldn't change anymore to keep the HoF as it is. How annoying would it be, if the new Spaceraces couldn't compete with the old ones, 10y after the last patch?

I can't speak to the progress of Buffy.004, but I can say that the only change will be with regard to espionage victories. My impression is that the project has been put on hold and no work is currently being done. I am unsure if the project has been permanently abandoned.

Would espionage victory as a separate category mean that it is required for QM/EQM? I hope not..

I suppose if we cluttered the HoF with espionage victories, they'd be more likely to finish the project.

Top Bottom