Wild Mana for FFH 2

[to_xp]Gekko;8283300 said:
btw, games with barbarian world have a between turn time that's a lot longer than without. not sure if that's normal.

probably normal. Barbs will get an improved AI that should also fix this.

[to_xp]Gekko;8293198 said:
one thing that would be nice imho is if the AI leaders followed more closely their religion flavours. in my current game, I chose Varn Gosam, Arthurus Thorne, Tebryn Ardbandy, Arendel Phedra, Faeryl Viconia and Falamar hoping to see them found the various appropriate religions... Falamar founded FoL, Tebryn founded OO, Varn founded RoK and the dwarves went FoL. pretty odd :lol:

Lanun will be back to OO and Kahzad to Runes (I guess I forget them and only took care of the ljos/svartalfar). I think RoK is the best early religion for Varn. Also it would be a bit boring, if Rok would always be founded by the same Civ.

One thing you may consider is porting to your mod my python code for AI_chooseTech(), the part for the religion beelines. I do some extensive check to see which religion a leader would most likely want to found. It's not really hardcoded as it is composed of many random numbers (so funny things could still appear).

sounds interesting. I might just create a Favorite Religion leader tag (if such doesn't exist already) and a % tag for that leader to research that religion (and then adopt it).

Now that you mention it, what I did could easily be ported to the DLL...
Anyway, there's already a FavoriteReligion tag used for religion tech choosing (iirc) and (sure) religion conversion. However, it's not used in FFH since it uses the Weights. However, using both can reinforce the effect. I did that in my mod for the leaders I created :)

glad to see you're still on the case Sephi :D

the "some units miss the civ-specific art buttons" issue is not so terrible, I've noticed it's the same in FF 051.

about sanctify, good to know that it's available into autoterraform. a little bit of additional control would be better though imho ( you want to get rid of it asap before it spreads, so it's a much higher priority than normal terraforming. being available to autocast would be nice, so that you can still decide manually where to move your adept.

Now that you mention it, what I did could easily be ported to the DLL...
Anyway, there's already a FavoriteReligion tag used for religion tech choosing (iirc) and (sure) religion conversion. However, it's not used in FFH since it uses the Weights. However, using both can reinforce the effect. I did that in my mod for the leaders I created :)

I guess i am going to use that favoriteReligion leadertag then for choosing tech to research, state religion and city prodution (higher value to spread favorite Religion), OO favorite leaders could build a nice cultists/stygs/drown water walking army.

Maybe with some advanced diplomacy gameoption also giving a diplo bonus for having the favorite religion of a leader as the state religion (So Arendel will like you more if you have FoL as a state Religion)

[to_xp]Gekko;8280678 said:
tried spreading in a city without religion, gives the same damn unrecoverable python exception as the second one I've posted. hopefully this can be fixed soon, cuz it makes the game kind of unplayable... savegames attached for easier bugtracking.

I couldn't reproduce these python exceptions. Version 2.3 should fix most small things. Still working on the issue with wrong symbols used to display attitude from other leaders.

Patch 2.3 (unreleased)
FIX: City Governour
FIX: Worldunits and Regenerate Map Option
Tweak: Sanctify can be autocasted
FIX: Holy Avenger can't be sacrified at the Pyramid
Tweak: Barbs will be aggressive as usual in the first turns
Tweak: AI gets some help to use their start units to defend their starting settler
Tweak: Khazad are more likely to found RoK, Lanun more likely to found OO
FIX: Worldspell For the Horde works just as in FFH

Maybe with some advanced diplomacy gameoption also giving a diplo bonus for having the favorite religion of a leader as the state religion (So Arendel will like you more if you have FoL as a state Religion)
Good idea. Don't forget to check if she's following it too. Might be weird that she gives you +2 because you follow FoL while she's following Empyrean :lol:

I'll add that to my mod too :)

I've got a bug with Wild Mana. When I tick on 'Challenge - Barbarian World' it enables 'Unrestricted Leaders'.

Thanks for making Wild Mana, I love it.

I've got a bug with Wild Mana. When I tick on 'Challenge - Barbarian World' it enables 'Unrestricted Leaders'.
Start a PLAY NOW game to see if it fixes your problem (gameoption settings get a reset this way).

Three questions for you Sephi:

1. Do you mind if I shamelessly steal from your amazing work to add to FfH2?

2. Do you feel like this mod is stable enough to be integrated in (Im msotly interested int he AI improvements)?

3. Are you posting the source code in a place I can check it out?

Here I've been "bah, some mana mod..." for two weeks (and not looked into the thread), when it all seem fantastic! One question though, are the changes to the economic AI so to speak on par with Turinturumbar's in regards to the overall AI performance?

Start a PLAY NOW game to see if it fixes your problem (gameoption settings get a reset this way).

It doesn't seem to. Custom and multiplayer games still get Unrestricted Leaders enabled instead of Barbarian World.

Three questions for you Sephi:

1. Do you mind if I shamelessly steal from your amazing work to add to FfH2?

2. Do you feel like this mod is stable enough to be integrated in (Im msotly interested int he AI improvements)?

3. Are you posting the source code in a place I can check it out?

1. feel free to use whatever code you find. After all I do the same :D

2. It definetly is stable (no OOS, no CtD that I know of) but it is far from finished. There are lots of things the AI still needs to learn.

3. source is included in the latest patch (2.3). Some parts aren't in good shape but you probably rewrite it anyway.

Here I've been "bah, some mana mod..." for two weeks (and not looked into the thread), when it all seem fantastic! One question though, are the changes to the economic AI so to speak on par with Turinturumbar's in regards to the overall AI performance?

It's hidden quite well :lol: I guess Turins AI has the better economy while mine is better at magic, conquest and defense against barbs. I suggest you just try both and decide which AI you like more.

No.

Sephi's AI changes enhance the AI in areas that Turin's doesn't touch (spellcasting, more intelligent use of UUs and the like), but in terms of raw economic performance nothing beats Turin's AI.

edit: wow.

new Patch is linked in the first post that has some small bugfixes which don't break save games

Patch 2.3 (doesn't break save games)
FIX: City Governour
FIX: Worldunits and Regenerate Map Option
Tweak: Sanctify can be autocasted
FIX: Holy Avenger can't be sacrified at the Pyramid
Tweak: Barbs will be aggressive as usual in the first turns
Tweak: AI gets some help to use their start units to defend their starting settler
Tweak: Khazad are more likely to found RoK, Lanun more likely to found OO
FIX: Worldspell For the Horde works just as in FFH
FIX: AI use spellbooks (was disabled before)

It doesn't seem to. Custom and multiplayer games still get Unrestricted Leaders enabled instead of Barbarian World.

Unrestricted leaders has to be game option 7. No matter what is in game option 7 (if you have barbarian world in there) it will act like unrestricted leaders when that option is checked. The reason is that option 7 is hardcoded in the main menu code (crazy but true).

I had the same problem with FfH2 until Xienwolf told me about this. Maybe you are running into the same thing.

thanks, this seems to be the case since I added 3 gameoptions before unrestricted leaders (which makes barbarian world number 7)

Top Bottom