civ names instead of leader names

fiede

Chieftain
Greetings!

I just recently played a bunch of games with many ai's (16-22).

I liked them a lot but I stumbled across a problem. My brain couldn't catch up with all the leader names and which civ they represent. In the diplo screen, thats causing some problems, as you might imagine.

Do you have these problems too? Do you know of a MOD that adds the civ name to the leader name (in brackets maybe?). That would help so much! :crazyeye:

Fiede

Over time, you will learn all of them. If you told me a leader name a year ago, I would only recognize a few, like Augustus, because well, it is a well known leader. If you told me Gustavo's Adolphus, I would have no idea. But now, you could tell me any leader and I could match the civ.

Wait - I'm not sure I follow. The Civ name is followed by the leadername in every single Diplo Screen:

Spoiler :

Wait - I'm not sure I follow. The Civ name is followed by the leadername in every single Diplo Screen:

That's right. But not if Montezuma the Great of the Aztecs is asking you to join in his War against Maria I.

And then I am sitting there thinking "Maria....Portugal?....Yeah, maybe....but not 100% sure...or was it Austria?"

And other Examples with names I can't even spell...of course, Alexander, Cesar or Khan are easy ones...but Ashurbanipal, Haile Selassie or Kamehameha....no way!

If you play with 6 AI's....that's never a Problem. But with 22 AI's I am not even sure which Civs are in my Game after 100 Turns...:D

I just started playing Civ5 again after some months of break...so if you play much and regulary, you will learn the leader names quite fast I guess....but I think it would be more user friendly if the civ name and leader name always show together. If the ai is suggesting war againt another civ, I sometimes can't make a real decision, because I don't know which civ I'd declare war on. So I decline and have to take a look afterwards.

Was half sympathetic until you said
Haile Selassie
The conquering lion of the tribe of Judah, king of kings, lord of lords. inspiration behind the rastafari movement

In essence, playing civ will let (make) you learn these things. which is good. Look forward to this knowledge being of use in quizzes!

Not to be flippant, but grab your phone and google that business, man!

Or if your lazy like me, just click "Declare war" and it's like the lottery: who will win a DoW from me?

Sorry, I'm a little late to the party...

Do you know of a MOD that adds the civ name to the leader name (in brackets maybe?)
This seems to be the key question, so I sent a report to a moderator to move this to the C&C subforum.

Someone wanted to remove leaders entirely, and I began an effort to help him, but never finished it. Based on my experience with that mod, it appears that--without changing a number of the base game's Lua files and causing potential conflicts with other mods--you'll end up in a number of places seeing, e.g., "Washington (America) of America."

If you're OK with that, then it's a fairly simple mod [much, much simpler than the No Leaders one], and I'd be happy to put it together for you.

Well, you don't need to know the names of the leaders as long as you know the civilization. It seems that youwant to know the leader names.

Top Bottom