Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

It could be a bug, but it is not insane. If business A makes a deal with business B and B is in a country that gets in a war and is not able to deliver, A will have to sue. Company A may be understanding, but they have a contract and a duty to stock holders.

In fact B may not be in a war, but some of the material needed comes from a country that is in one, same thing.

No, in your example, A would be the one that gets destroyed. Now that a can't deliver to b, nobody buys from B.

Actually in was left ambiguous as to who initiated the deal. I merely said A makes a deal with B.

^ that doesn't matter.

Let's say c and d have a deal. C delivers to D as part of the deal. D gets completely destroyed so C is unable to deliver. C gets a rep hit.

^ that doesn't matter.

Let's say c and d have a deal. C delivers to D as part of the deal. D gets completely destroyed so C is unable to deliver. C gets a rep hit.

I am completely lost now as to what you are addressing. No one was debating how the rules of the game work. I was only pointing out that those rules are not insane as was suggested. Now maybe my example was not well done, although I think its point was clear.

Many of my cities are population 12 - how do I make them grow even more?

You need to research Medicine and then Sanitation in the Industrial Age Tech Tree so that you can build hospitals. You need to have a hospital in a city to allow it to grow larger than 12. You will then start to pick up population pollution, so you will need to research ecology which allows you to build Mass Transit Systems to eliminate the population pollution. Shakespeare's Theater also allows you to build one city past the 12 level.

timerover51 said:
You will then start to pick up population pollution, so you will need to research ecology which allows you to build Mass Transit Systems to eliminate the population pollution.

I believe you mean *reduce* population pollution.

I know there is an extra civ that is not a part of the initial playable list. I've heard it's Austria and Switzerland from different sources. Which one is it and how do I swap it with another civ?

EDIT: This is for Conquests

Well, for example, if you have a big city with 20 Pollution icons and you build a Mass Transit Center.........I would like to know that my pollution will be reduced to 1, no matter how big the Metro city is. (Viz. For practical purposes, almost eliminating pollution!) :)

Well, for example, if you have a big city with 20 Pollution icons and you build a Mass Transit Center.........I would like to know that my pollution will be reduced to 1, no matter how big the Metro city city is. (Viz. For practical purposes, almost eliminating pollution!) :)

I did not know that! I never care about pollution either, my (slave)workers do not have anything to do during industrial age anyway... Besides building rail network deep into enemy main territories, to 1-turn-kill entire nation or two.

I have a SGL and am about to get the scienctific theroy which allows for the theroy of evolution to be built, to cement my leed in techs over the AI. My question is should I build it in one of my core cities or just plonk in down in some new town aquired off a now dead rival to get some quick and free cultural expansion?

I know when you finish there is the whole best cities page but does this add anything to your score to have cities in the top spot?

Or does having a great wonder have any local effect on coruption/happyness that means I should chose carefully?

thanks

I have a SGL and am about to get the scienctific theroy which allows for the theroy of evolution to be built, to cement my leed in techs over the AI. My question is should I build it in one of my core cities or just plonk in down in some new town aquired off a now dead rival to get some quick and free cultural expansion?

I know when you finish there is the whole best cities page but does this add anything to your score to have cities in the top spot?

Or does having a great wonder have any local effect on coruption/happyness that means I should chose carefully?

thanks

Especially this wonder you can place whereever you want as its benefit is immediate...Even if you lose it, it doesn't matter all that much (except for the culture maybe).

Not less corruption, not more happiness, just knowledge...

Top Bottom