Questions about The BUG Mod

Do we need to apply BATMod_10_Patch_for_317 or is this Patch just a temporary or unique sort of fix for one or two people?

You only need to apply the patch if you use the ZIP. If you use the installer, then just choose the 3.17 install option and it will do it for you.

In the help file, we are giving info on how to disable all the components of BUG Mod, even the few that can't be disabled through the Option Screen. The only one without these info is the Hints component. Is it possible to disable it? If yes, how? Thanks.

Side note: I've almost finished to debug the ITA help files, next in the list there will be:
- update some of the English help file with the info or fixes I already included in the Italian version
- translate the BAT help files

The only one without these info is the Hints component. Is it possible to disable it?

You can remove the BUG hints by deleting the file XML/GameInfo/CIV4Hints.xml. This will not remove them from the Sevopedia, but I suspect that's not an issue.

In an older version of BAT, a bunch of units were renamed - something like Horseman instead of Horse Archer, etc. Which component was that?

In an older version of BAT, a bunch of units were renamed - something like Horseman instead of Horse Archer, etc. Which component was that?

I believe that is Verietas Delectat. Alerum changed them back to the normal Civ names for BAT.

I believe that is Verietas Delectat. Alerum changed them back to the normal Civ names for BAT.

Yes that's true. Avain had those units renaimed because some new units (e.g. the horse archer) had new civ specific graphics with a sword instead of a bow. And you can't easily call a horseman with a sword or spear a horse archer, now can you? Horseman would be better in that case. Same thing with the Maceman and Cuirassier (did I spell that right :crazyeye::D), which had become Heavy Footman and Heavy Horseman.

One other thing I had been wondering about since the all new, long awaited, BAT mod has been released: What are the differences with the Varietas Delectat Mod from Avain? Since that had been the basis of this new BAT mod. Could you please give a short summary? Except for the above mentioned unit names of course? Thnx :) and great job on this one :goodjob:

There isn't any special way to install this if you bought Civ4 from Steam, right?

There should be no difference in this case, but please post if you have any problems.

One topic with multiple questions is very hard to browse for user if he search for a specific answer. I posted my questions in (not official) Faq thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7042015&postcount=14
just wanted to let you know here about it so you could answer them, I think there are lots more people who would like to get answers for my questions. interesting mod btw :goodjob:

One topic with multiple questions is very hard to browse for user if he search for a specific answer. I posted my questions in (not official) Faq thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7042015&postcount=14
just wanted to let you know here about it so you could answer them, I think there are lots more people who would like to get answers for my questions. interesting mod btw :goodjob:
your faq questions have been answered. Some really need EF input as the parts you are asking about are his babies.

Some really need EF input as the parts you are asking about are his babies.

Done. Please let us know if we missed anything.

Hello, and thank you in advance for your help and patience with me.
First, my thanks to everyone here on this team for all their time and effort. This looks very promising.

After having read a lot about this mod on other forums, I have read the stickies on this subforum, and am sorry to say that I understand only about 30% of what is said. I am simply not computer-savvy, although in general not a total idiot.

I will try to detail my problem and question with as much precision as possible, but since I lack the ability to understand many posts here, I assume that I lack the knowledge of the context and the language used to express it. Hence, I will try to give as many details as possible, but these may not be technically correct.

My situation: I currently play 3.13 Bhuric with no additional modding. I have been wanting to change a number of things, but am afraid to do so because I neither understand the mechanics behind modding entirely (how do I know when changes are loaded? How does the game grab which .xml files when?), nor do I feel comfortable changing things which end in .xml, let alone .ini. I dont want to have to change a .ini file, that frightens me.

My first question:Does the BAT mod contain the BUG mod within it? I have read information which seems conflicting to me. I just need to install BAT? Or first BUG and then BAT? Or the other way around?

My wish: To play 3.17 + Solver + BUG + BAT + a little tweak to the GlobalDefinitions.xml which increases WW back to 3.13 level which I found out how to do here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=282967&page=2).

I have held off installing 3.17 for other reasons (didnt like the WW reduction), but now that I know how to use 3.17 and revert the WW changes, I wanted to install it, together with Solver's version. I figured this would be a good time to install BUG and BAT.

I have downloaded the official 3.17 version, Solver's patch, the BUG mod for 3.13 (.zip)and BAT 1.0 (I think it is 1.0) as a .zip, and I have that GlobalDefinitions.xml saved in my CustomAssets folder. I read all of the instructions for these 4 items (5 if you include that little .xml change). From what I read, I gather that
- these items are all compatable with one another
- they should be installed in a certain order
But I cannot figure out which order. Also, I am unsure what exactly the status then is; if BUG will be a "mod" or not.
I would like to reiterate that I DID read the threads here as well as on sourceforgenet, and am sorry to say that I lack the background which enables me to understand the situation fully. I am sorry. Hence my last and somewhat broad question:

Final question: Can anyone give me idiot-proof instructions on how to get my wish (s.a.) up and running without mishaps?

I realize that this is annoying and requires time. I realize that any instructions you give assumes that I have read the instructions for the individual items found individually elsewhere (3.17, Solver, BUG, BAT, .xml Definitions changes). What I need is an "Overview", which starts at the beginning and includes things like when to restart, what nees to be done in-game (I am unsure what needs to be "loaded" when a game starts, would prefer to have as much automated as possible so that I always start with BUG up and running), and without assuming that I know anything about coding.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and patience.

God bless you. ;-)
OK I'll try that when at home and just do the default instructions and try not to worry? (I mean whether or not BAT is "installed as a 'mod'" or not, etc.)
thanks much

God bless you. ;-)
OK I'll try that when at home and just do the default instructions and try not to worry? (I mean whether or not BAT is "installed as a 'mod'" or not, etc.)
thanks much

That depends on your taste. If you install BAT as a mod, you can always switch between "normal" BtS and BtS with "BAT". If you install it as addition to CustomAssets, BAT will be always "on".
Personally, I would prefer the first option because it's easier to get rid of an old version, if a new one is released. But, as I said before, it depends on your likings. :D

That depends on your taste. If you install BAT as a mod, you can always switch between "normal" BtS and BtS with "BAT". If you install it as addition to CustomAssets, BAT will be always "on".
Personally, I would prefer the first option because it's easier to get rid of an old version, if a new one is released. But, as I said before, it depends on your likings. :D

On the other hand, installing it as CustomAssets, it works always with all save games (while in the other case you have to start a new game for each version), it's always working and you can also in the future add another mod as a mod. So, this is my favorite option. :)

If I just follow the instructions which came with the download, will I install it as a "mod" or as a "custom assets" thingy? I still dont understand the difference (technically), although I understand the difference in functionality you both just mentioned...

Top Bottom