Decluttered Religion Screen

Lutefisk Mafia

Inscrutable Enforcer
The overlapping text on the religion screen annoys me.

And, hey, I sort of know how to code in python, so I decided to fix it.

Attached is a zip file of the CvReligionScreen.py file. Simply unzip this file into your Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\Python\Screens folder and enjoy the goodness. It renames the Runes of Kilmorph religion to just "Runes" on the Religion screen only. No more overlapping text!

For those of you who also code, the section that I edited is denoted and commented, so it should be easy for you to make your own changes to the religion names of this screen to suit your own fancy. (I personally have another version that reduces the religions to just one word descriptors.)

Hope you like it! Enjoy!

Could you upload a screenshot to clarify the issue if it isn't too much of a bother? I... kind of... don't remember seeing any clutter in the religion screen.

Could you upload a screenshot to clarify the issue if it isn't too much of a bother? I... kind of... don't remember seeing any clutter in the religion screen.

I'm not the OP, but I know what he means. The following are screenshots showing it (the old one is, however, from FF as FFH2 already had the screen added).

Attachments

• oldrelig.jpg
    oldrelig.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 209
  • newrelig.jpg
    newrelig.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 209
Honestly, I prefer the way we handled it in RifE. Names are untouched, but it scrolls.

Was necessary as we've added two religions, but still. :lol:

I'm not sure if the attached file will work with other mods or not (Can't remember if other changes were made, is all) but here is the ReligionScreen.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 167
  • CvReligionScreen.rar
    5 KB · Views: 83
Honestly, I prefer the way we handled it in RifE. Names are untouched, but it scrolls.

Was necessary as we've added two religions, but still. :lol:

I'm not sure if the attached file will work with other mods or not (Can't remember if other changes were made, is all) but here is the ReligionScreen.

I just tried it and it definitely works in FFH2041m. And yes, I do believe scrolling looks slightly better than a changed name. I knew you did that in RiFE, but wasn't sure it would work in the base game with fewer religions. Thanks!

Glad it works! I didn't actually make the screen myself, merged it from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=260697

Hadn't had the page when I made the first post. ;)

Again, merged it mostly because we have more religions in RifE; For a long time you couldn't really see the 'no state religion' selection, and I was tired of it. :lol:

@ dusckr87 and Valkrionn: Thank you for uploading the screenies! I just had not gotten around to it yet, but your contribution was very helpful!

Yes, it really is a matter of personal preference. I am not a huge fan of scrolling screens myself -- I just prefer to have all of the information presented concisely on one uncluttered screen. But I know that others prefer the more verbose and richer presentation that a scrolling screen can make possible.

Frankly, it would be nice to maybe start a new thread and give the community both options up front. Either a scrolling screen or customizeable names. Both get the job done and look great to different users, depending on their personal preferences!

If someone wants to start such a thread, feel free to repost the .py file that I made.

Thanks for the feedback and heads up on the other option!

Top Bottom