Various questions on file locations

Pickly

Prince
(Hopefully this is in the right forum, as I've seen these sorts of mod questions in both this and the main Fall From Heaven forum.)

First off, which python file are spell locations listed in? Also, is there a spell range that say 'Every unit on the map", rather than having to choose a fixed number?

(Mostly this is for a change to Govannon, I want to adjust him so that he does not need to personally go to units and teach them spells. My plan at the moment is to simply increase the range on his spell, plus any tweaks needed ot keep its effects constant, but I'm also hoping to make sure that I can actually do this without causing problems. It will of course also come in handy if I want to change or add other spells.)

Is there an XML attribute that causes a state religion (or civic) unit to disband if the religion changes, or is this found somewhere else. (The effect I'm thinking of is how priest units and nightwatches will stick around with a religion change, but shadowriders or high priests won't. This at the moment is for a new Esus unit.) I did not see anything directly different that would look like such an attribute when comparing Nightwatch and Shadowrider XML, but may just have missed something.

Spell python is in CvSpellInterface.py. Given your other question I assume you don't know programming, which would make it difficult to change the spell. There's no such thing as "every unit on the map". There is such a thing as "every unit of a player" and (in a loop) "every player in the game" but do you really mean every single unit in the game?

Disband if religion/civic changes is caused by the bAbandon tag. Set it to 1 for any unit you wish to abandon when you don't follow the proper religion or civic.

On the disband with religion change: thanks for the information.

On the spell adjustment: I ended up figuring it out last night anyway by going through all the python files.

The change to Govannon, as might be expected from the gameplay of the unit, would be to use the "all player units", so which function would this use?

I also have done some programming in the past, though in C rather than Python. It is enough that i can look at the spell programming and mostly tell what is going on, though will likely need some fiddling for me to get the changes I'm looking for.

Look at spellArcaneLacuna (gives all adepts XP), spellDivineRetribution (damages all undead/demon units, for all players) or spellIntoTheMist (gives all units the hidden promotion).

Top Bottom