FfH2 0.25 Changelog

After I took the city with the dragon horde, all my melee's immediately got the mithril weapons promo, even tho I don't have weaponsmiths. Is this the intended behavior?

After I took the city with the dragon horde, all my melee's immediately got the mithril weapons promo, even tho I don't have weaponsmiths. Is this the intended behavior?

Balance Changes:

5. Weapons upgrades no longer require buildings.

I don't think one of the events is working quite right. I had one tell me I found a new herb, and gave me choices about what I want to do for researching it. The problem is, it also gave me all the options that are the possible result. This means essentially I was able to select the best possible outcome without spending anything. This should have been some sort of multi-stage event I'd imagine.

At least two others had the same issue with this event.

FYI. There is another bug thread.

Not sure where I have to ask this, but is there some sort of freeware option to acces .xlsm files? I have excel 2002 and while MS has provided an option to read the .xlsm files, I can't seem to change them.. I guess I can toy with the xml files themselves, but ffh editor is so much easier to use :(

Hi all - quick question about the "Gigantic" map size. I thought I had read in an earlier post that a new Gigantic map size (bigger than huge) would be an option, but can't seem to find it. When I go into custom games, I only see options for tiny-huge. Am I missing something?

Not sure where I have to ask this, but is there some sort of freeware option to acces .xlsm files? I have excel 2002 and while MS has provided an option to read the .xlsm files, I can't seem to change them.. I guess I can toy with the xml files themselves, but ffh editor is so much easier to use :(

There is plans to support it in OpenOffice.org:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

Otherwise, you will have to buy Office 2007.

There is plans to support it in OpenOffice.org:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Office_Open_XML

Otherwise, you will have to buy Office 2007.

That would be a very good thing, Im a huge fan of OpenOffice and I have it on both my linux and windows PC's. I looked at switching to OO instead of excel 2007 (OO now supports Visual Basic which is the big reason I couldnt switch to it earlier). But the current version of OO only supports 256 columns. If they would allow more columns I would switch to it in a heartbeat.

@Rando- The Gigantic map size had to be removed because it broke a lot of map scripts.

Ok good to know. Thanks for the quick reply! (Now I can quit looking for it and go back to playing) thanks again. Lovin' .25 so far btw.

Balance Changes:

5. Weapons upgrades no longer require buildings.

Ok, while that makes some sense, I think the upgrades should still require the appropriate techs to better balance stuff out. The Mines that give free iron would then never require the civ to learn iron working unless it was working the melee line. In the case of the Amurites, I can skip that like completely and focus on getting firebows that much faster.

Overall, not having buildings to earch teh upgrades is a good move, but I think having the required tech should also be enforced.

Indeed (as I said earlier)

It would be most logical for the Iron Weapons promotion to require the Iron Weapons Tech and the Mithril Weapons promotion to require the Mithril Weapons tech. The Mithril Weapons are the ones that are really unbalancing early on.

i really like how the single graphics works for those with hero promotion :D

just got an event that turned one of my scouts into a hero, its so fun :D

might be neat if the hero promotion made the single unit graphic a little bigger than normal, to make them stand out a little bit more

Argh, this all sounds so cool.

Maybe this weekend...

Indeed (as I said earlier)

It would be most logical for the Iron Weapons promotion to require the Iron Weapons Tech and the Mithril Weapons promotion to require the Mithril Weapons tech. The Mithril Weapons are the ones that are really unbalancing early on.

since you mention logic, why was not a bronze/iron/steel/mithril progresion used?, any idea/, that way you have 3 normal technological advances and the semi magical Mithril one.

Bug with the Grigori: I get my adaptive trait popup way too often. I got it in round 4, 6, and 13 now. Playing epic speed.

Cosmetic: does the BG pic of the main menu have to be stretched? Can't you pillar box it? I think that would look a lot better.

i noticed a bug when starting a new game, sometimes traits and civic options are carried over from my last game to my new one,

ive seen the barbarian trait carried over and also slavery (unless there is a bug which is alowing my ljolsfar scouts to enslave barbarian goblins), if it happens again i will post a save.

im on .25 patch a without the media pack.

Wicshade, I made the same mistake as you: both our posts should go into the BUG thread, not the changelog thread. Oops.

since you mention logic, why was not a bronze/iron/steel/mithril progresion used?, any idea/, that way you have 3 normal technological advances and the semi magical Mithril one.
because it was modeled after the 3 tiers of melee units after warriors that used to require those resources.
Anyway, in order for iron to be more effective than bronze in needs to be smelted with some carbon creating a primitive form of steel already.

Top Bottom