A new large Erebus map for you all!

CladInShadows

Chieftain
Hi guys, after sitting here so often in awe of all the fine work that everyone keeps releasing, I've finally decided to give something a go myself. This is a large map using all 19 civs that I have made. I tried to make it fairly different from all the ones that have been uploaded before, and I've focuses more on making it a fun map rather than making sure that everything fits lore wise. I also tried to combine a few qualities of my favourite map scripts that I've been using, and in the end decided to use a bit of inspiration from the world map in one of my other favourite games :)

Anyway the first version attached along with a screenshot of the minimap. Resources are placed randomly, and at current so are specal features although I plan on giving them definite positions soon.

If anyone is willing to offer constructive feedback, remembering that this is my first map ever :), then my two main current concerns are balancing civ starting positions, and also the number and location of gates between map areas.

Anyway I hope that anyone willing to give this a go enjoys themselves and has a great game!

Attachments

• minimap.jpg
    minimap.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,429
  • map.rar
    16.5 KB · Views: 307
I'll give it a try, I never used a premade map though only scripts. Where do I put the file at?

EDIT

Figured it out.

I'm really enjoying it so far, but I think I'd prefer for the resources and unique features to have fixed locations. That's a personal preference, though.

Only issue I've encountered was one start as the Kurioates I started without a settler because the spawn location for the settler was taken by a goblin fort. I saw it happen a few other starts to other civs, too.

I agree with not having random resources and unique features, tends to make the locations unbalanced.

Top Bottom