Open Call for ModCast Guests!!!

Hello all Modders!
If you didn't know, I'm the Editor and Co-Host of a PodCast dedicated to Civilization 4 Modding called ModCast. We love to interview modders and discuss their mods on our 'cast and get the community to better know our members!

I am happy to inform you all that we want more Guest-hosts for the show! Guest-hosting is a small commitment where you show up for just one show, talk about your mods, artwork, code or other modding projects, and also help us review your peer's works we regularly feature every episode!

The show is produced and published by Apolyton Civilization Site, featured there and also here at Civilization Fanatics Site!

The basic prerequisites are pretty simple:
Spoiler :

1. Be a Modder! Have artworks, code, scenarios, custom maps, apps, mods or anything related to any version of Civilization (I,II,III, or IV), Colonization, or anything Civ related! Be sure to provide us a link that we can put in the show notes to promote your creations!

2. Have a reliable broadband type connection.

3. You need to download and create an account at "Skype", a free voice-over-IP program. (a great program for more than just coming on ModCast!)

4. You need to download "Audacity", the free, open-source Audio program.

5. Have available a computer with Windows XP or Vista, good distro of Linux, or Mac OS X. (must be able to run audacity and skype at the same time)

6. Headphones for your computer and a microphone, preferably a headset mic (like those used for online gaming).

We usually record on Sundays, in the afternoon (eastern time).

Please feel free to post if you want to come onto the show, and please include your submissions or projects link in the post. I will get back to you via Private message. Please be very patient :)
If there are a whole bunch of submissions, please understand I am only able to review submissions in the order recieved, so please be extremely patient. We record once every two weeks.

ModCast ©2009 Apolyton Civilization Site

This sounds like great fun!

I'm not sure if my creations pass muster, but the latest incarnation of the Dungeon Adventure stuff is in my entry for the FfH2 scenario design contest here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=309917

I am also more than willing to talk about other modders' wonderful work!

Please PM me if you are interested. I already have Audacity, and it is no problem to add Skype.

Excellent, first target acquired, now to get Marnok to return to the forums and happen to spot this thread ;) Couple of other people here in the FfH modding community who I am hoping will pipe up.

It really isn't a big commitment if anyone is nervous about it. You just chat with some pretty cool and decently funny people about what you love to do for a couple of hours. No scripts, no rehearsals, and plenty of making fun of Garret :p

what are you doing sunday the 22nd at 1500 Eastern time?

Um. Shuttling my kids to and from swimming lessons. :blush:

But that day is the last session for them. Would it be possible to participate in the next podcast after that? My wife, who takes pity on me, has promised that she will distract our 3 kids long enough to prevent them from pummeling me with foam swim noodles while I call in. :)

If that is okay with you, and you can tell me the next podcast date after the 22nd, I will block out the time and make sure there are no conflicts.

Looking forward to it!

Um. Shuttling my kids to and from swimming lessons. :blush:

But that day is the last session for them. Would it be possible to participate in the next podcast after that? My wife, who takes pity on me, has promised that she will distract our 3 kids long enough to prevent them from pummeling me with foam swim noodles while I call in. :)

If that is okay with you, and you can tell me the next podcast date after the 22nd, I will block out the time and make sure there are no conflicts.

Looking forward to it!

that might work. i know that Ekmek wants the podcast-after spot, so i will double book that day if you want :) that means you two agree who goes on the show, or whoever doesn't show up loses. basically. unless you are able to free up this next sunday...

Ekmek. Perhaps I'll make him an offer he can't understand, eh?

Or would a slightly later time work for the 22nd? By 1530 CST (1630 Eastern) I can be available. It will probably take everyone else about an hour and a half to iron out all of the Skype/Audacity/Vista/ISP bugs anyway, right? ;)

Ekmek. Perhaps I'll make him an offer he can't understand, eh?

Or would a slightly later time work for the 22nd? By 1530 CST (1630 Eastern) I can be available. It will probably take everyone else about an hour and a half to iron out all of the Skype/Audacity/Vista/ISP bugs anyway, right? ;)

deal i can do that! john archer needs more sleep anyways :lol:

just download skype and create and account, then add "garretsidzaka" to you list and better yet PM me your account name too :)

Hmm... Only Lutefisk is intersted in this? I wonder why...

Ask deanej. Or Maniac. Both of them are more or less singlehandedly building great mods (Star Trek and Planetfall respectively). Just a thought.;)

(Could be they're too busy modding, I don't know... They don't post a lot outside of their forums, that much I know, so they may not have seen your Open Call!!!)

Same applies to stmartin and his History of Three Kingdoms mod.

I've already popped on, doubt they want me back :p I guess I shoulda remembered what the Ep # was for the one I did... hrm. This is a duplicate of the post out in the main creation/Cust forum though, many more replies there, and Maniac et al would be more likely to respond there than here I think.

Having had the honor of being able to be a ModCast guest I would strongly recommend this. Its a lot of fun and Tony and the guys are a fun group. If you are nervous about being recorded/sounding like a dork (I was on my first podcast) you would be surprised at how quickly that goes away and just turns into freinds chatting about a game we all love.

Having had the honor of being able to be a ModCast guest I would strongly recommend this. Its a lot of fun and Tony and the guys are a fun group. If you are nervous about being recorded/sounding like a dork (I was on my first podcast) you would be surprised at how quickly that goes away and just turns into freinds chatting about a game we all love.

Thanks Kael! You know.... YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Hey all -

I just tried to access the Modcasts through Apolyton and get an odd "server not responding" message. When I looked through the fora at that site to see what might be going on, I quickly backed out -- and don't plan to go back. Some very ugly things going on over there.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Wil those podcasts be available again or are they gone forever?

Top Bottom