caster automation?

vincible

Chieftain
I started playing FFH a little while ago, and it's really amazingly well-done. Hats off to the designers.

Something which I quickly began to wish for was a feature where a caster would auto-cast spells. If an adept with Haste and a stack of champions are crossing the continent in a hurry, it's a pain to manually hunt down the stack and cast Haste every turn. Ditto Fair Winds, buffs like Enchanted blade at rally points, etc. I was thinking of trying to mod in behavior that would make the caster use the spell at the beginning of every turn until told otherwise. This seems like a pretty obvious change though--has it already been done somewhere? or alternatively, is there some good reason that it hasn't been done?

It... does? 0.o Well the haste I knew of, but I know for a fact I have to cast enchant blade mannually every turn... and bless... and poisoned blades.. [My capital is a production WHORE and I tend to use it as a meeting grounds for stacks of dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom.

What about dance of blades? The level 1 chaos spell? I'm pretty sure I remember casting it every turn the last time I used the chaos sphere.. [I ussually preffer entropy of the two. :p]

I'm glad Valkrionn mentioned FF having this, having a Pyperturn autocasting of scorch is far better than having to push the button every single turn.

uh, really??

* user is deciding whether to switch from Orbis to FF or not ... *

Why switch? Just get them both and make sure you don't, say, try to put them in the same folder [like I may or may not have done the first time dling Orbis... XD]

Thanks!

Do you know what the rationale was for limiting autocast to the temporary buffs? (I haven't played FF yet, obviously.)

How we add a <PyPerTurn>? Is there any tutorial on this? I got a trouble when applying this :cry:

Thank you.

It only exists in Fall Further, the modmod of Fall from Heaven, as a XML promotion tag.

Why switch? Just get them both and make sure you don't, say, try to put them in the same folder [like I may or may not have done the first time dling Orbis... XD]

lol? it appears more like DLL feature than anything else (maybe python) and i just want only this feature.

how do you use this feature?

Ho do you make an adept autocast haste for example? Thanks!

Top Bottom