I find air combat/economy lacking just a few things.

darkace77450

Emperor
I'm a late-comer to this game, so me throwing in my two cents on a game that's going on six years old probably seems a bit silly to you vets, but I wanted to vocalize my longing for what I feel are a few lacking elements of air combat and economy.

1. Cargo Planes - A simple unit that would allow trade routes to any discovered city. Plundering trade routes traveled by Cargo Planes might be tricky, but AA land or sea unit and any Fighter set to intercept could handle the job well enough I suppose.

2. Stealth Fighters - I would have liked to see a fighter equivalent to the Stealth Bomber. This might mean another tier of Bombers to even things out, and there's probably not any room to squeeze such a unit in, but I think a wing of stealth fighters and bombers could make for some fun late-game warfare.

3. Great Air Commanders - I would have liked to see a great person associated with air combat. Now I'll admit a great person only being relevant in the relatively late game is unnecessary (doubly so when there's no Social Policy tree associated with it), but I think it could have been worthwhile addition.

I imagine it would boost the combat of any air unit or missiles attacking from the tile it occupies or is adjacent to, and could be consumed to build an Air Base tile improvement in friendly territory (or a neutral tile no closer than five tiles from another Civ/CS's border, if playtesting showed this to be balanced) in which up to five air units and/or missiles can be stationed.

So that's my short list of air combat/economy related items I wish had been added to the game. Of the three, the 2nd is probably the hardest to do and least necessary (they're all unnecessary, of course, but to varying degrees). The Great Air Commander could have been fun, and the Cargo Plane just feels like it's a bit of a glaring omission, in my opinion. Anyway, that's it. Enjoy the rest of your day, folks.

The jet fighter and stealth bomber are already there. The other new options such as air cargo vessels or air commanders even are a good idea/ concept to be brought in. Only time could tell if these things could get added to civilization 6 or to a civV mod.

Top Bottom