Current (SVN) development discussion thread

I like it. one thing I dont like thou is that protestants bonus suck, but they should be the strongest because in the 600 AD scenerio, it makes no sense whatsoever to ever change to protesntantism as any nation. with their new crappy temples your proposing, it would make even less sense (eexcept after discovering mass media). I like the stealth missionary idea, but maybe add some more bonuses to protestantism, maybe remove the culture from their buildings but add production/commerce/trade?
And I think the hindu could get MORE food, despite what some1 else said. India/china suck, so adding a slightly "OP" food bonus shouldnt hurt anyone.
so how do I go about implementing your changes into my SVN version without breaking anything? just copy paste your files?

Yup! Simple as that. And you're right. I mean the supermarket is NOT that great a building, and with India's UHV you'll have SOME cramped cities, so it's important to make sure the damn things can grow, especially if you can't have cow resources.

The thing with protestantism is that I couldn't think of good changes to make. BTW might I note that I am not "changing" what already is there. All listed changes are add-ons.

So testing buddhism as Japan. So far it's not OP at all but I consider boosting the great person bonus to 10%.

EDIT: ACK! Just looked over my changes and I accidently gave Taoism a land unit production bonus AND the great general bonus. Removing the great general bonus and giving to Orthodoxy. Being as the church was always a source of strength for Eastern Christians during war I figured it works.

Ontop of that anyone has suggestions for the holy shrines? Will try and be VERY careful with them mind you. I figured that giving The Hagia Sophia 1+ Trade Routes in all coastal cities would emulate it's status as the source of trade between east and west.

Why can't Germany just vassalize Italy instead of controlling cities? I mean historically they wanted but never got UK, they got Scandinavia, Russia, France, Greece, all these countries make sense ... but they never wanted Italy (only when Italy got knocked out from Axis)....

Because it's more fun to burn crap down then to be diplomatic about this sort of thing

Prussia should be allowed to Vassalize in its UHV. Due to its late start and small Core, it's usually more difficult to Vassalize England, France, Russia, or even the Vikings & Italy (if it exists in 1700 it must be decently strong) than to straight up kill them.

Question: is there somewhere a list of SVN revision numbers corresponding to important releases ?

Like "Revision 532 is release 1.8", things like that

For people like me who cannot download from gamefront (was is gamefront?), that may be useful

Don't know anymore. You can always check the changelog, though.

Prussian scientific penalty is a little ridiculous! Settled Berlin, and found that I can research Nationalism in ONLY 99 turns...

You're right that it's a little slow at the beginning, although their modifiers is by far the best of the game. I'll better throw in some help for the first turns, similar to America.

Seeing how protestantism is going to be at such a disadvantage I gave it a 20% science bonus. Might be a tad much so I'll move it down to 10.

And other suggestions for my religion changes? so far nothing has been OP.

Also, is it normal for all of Western Europe to get razed during the Migration Period and the Seljuks to control everything from Constantinople to Mumbai?

You should make it more clear in the Khmer UHV that Angkor Wat is Wat Preah Pisnulok.
Right! Will change this.

Also, is it normal for all of Western Europe to get razed during the Migration Period and the Seljuks to control everything from Constantinople to Mumbai?
The former ... yes. The latter ... no. Actually I'd be happy if the Seljuks went for Constantinople more often.

Don't know anymore. You can always check the changelog, though.

Too bad for the past, although I did kind of guess a revision number for the previous release (will post it here when I'm home if you're interested)
If it's not too much of a bother, could you add this number in the future ?

Yeah, I'll put it in the changelog for the next release.

By the way, the last addition before release was the later Arabian spawn, it's either this or some of the following uncommented commits (one of those should be 1.81 I guess).

Version 1.81 was uploaded on the 17th of February.

I chose as representative in the SVN revision 248 of the 22nd:
- it modifies 1.81 changelog
- it is a big up after lots of few ones on the 17th and 18th
- il is the last before the Germany split

Hope that fits :)

Yeah, that should be it.

Do you still have the last autosave from before the crash?

New commit is up. Content:

- new second Dutch goal: conquer 7 European colonies by 1750 AD (haven't tested that one yet)
- changed UHV help display to allow for translation (you shouldn't notice that if I did everything right, but I couldn't check every civ so if a previously working display is off now please inform me)
- and with the help of some people from the C&C forum I could finally fix the music for all new leaders, which should play as intended now

Top Bottom