New to BNW

sanjay_111

Warlord
I am new to BNW and playing it for only two weeks or so.

A very basic question: I notice that wonders are no more getting constructed faster if you have a resource. I built pyramids a few times and assumed that my having stone must have made it very fast. But after a while I noticed the speed was the same whether I had stone or not.

Is it true? Why has it been made so?

Sanjay

Yes you're right contrary to civ4 the ressources do not have any influence on wonder production.
The exception is Marble which will give you 15% more production for ancient/classical wonders.

The why is unknown and is since Civ5 vanilla.

Thanks for replies.

PS: I played Civ V vanilla long time back and maybe my memory serves me wrong, but I thought it had resource bonuses. Anyway, I have clarity now. Thanks.

The marble and stone construction bonus speed from bts to bnw has been reduced from +100% production to +15%production per stone or marble resource that the wonder may have bonuses with. The other resources that sped up wonder construction also received the same reduction.

The marble and stone construction bonus speed from bts to bnw has been reduced from +100% production to +15%production per stone or marble resource that the wonder may have bonuses with. The other resources that sped up wonder construction also received the same reduction.

This is not true. The only resource that gives a wonder bonus is Marble, and it gives 15% production bonus towards all wonders in classical and ancient era. The marble tile needs to be in the city radius, and improved, and the bonus only applies to that city. You will get a notification when marble is connected: city X has marble.

This is not true. The only resource that gives a wonder bonus is Marble, and it gives 15% production bonus towards all wonders in classical and ancient era. The marble tile needs to be in the city radius, and improved, and the bonus only applies to that city. You will get a notification when marble is connected: city X has marble.

Oh ok. So only marble gets the bonus to the nearest city connected to it. Thanks for clarifying that.

Top Bottom