Select, subscribe, enable and play a mod

Ok, I thought it was just my game that got bugged somehow.

So is it also now "normal" for the game to try to download unopened copies of all the mods each and every time I reboot?

On the plus side, I like that the game now remembers my settings for a new game - it is making testing mods a lot easier.

Greeting. Despite the detailed instructions, I can not install the "Terrain - Polder Extension" and "Terrain - Terrace Farm Extension". Most asked to place links to download these mods to "Civilization 5 Downloads" this site.

I am having issues with my modding process. The first and major concern is that when i enter the select mod button and the steam modding screen comes up, it randomly exits out of the modding screen and back into civ's V. I don't know whats causing this, and its really aggravating having the screen exit as i am about to select the mods i want.

The mod's i am most interested in are the Mass effect civilizations by Pluvia. If i manage to get the mod downloaded and on my list, it does not show up in the list of playable civilizations, even when i restart my civ's V.

I followed the steps. 1-10 work fine. but when i try to
setup game
select race: daleks

my comp just sorta locks up. not really since i can esc back. but i have to go all the way back and uncheck the dalek race to be able to select a new mod race to play.

if i try the cybermen, everything works fine. even get into the game.

i checked all the troubleshooting, and had already had all the options on.
anyone had this problem too?
thanks

I followed the steps. 1-10 work fine. but when i try to
setup game
select race: daleks

my comp just sorta locks up. not really since i can esc back. but i have to go all the way back and uncheck the dalek race to be able to select a new mod race to play.

if i try the cybermen, everything works fine. even get into the game.

i checked all the troubleshooting, and had already had all the options on.
anyone had this problem too?
thanks

Sounds like an issue with that specific mod rather than playing a game with mods in general, so you're best bet will be to track down the author of the mod in question and first make sure it is compatible with the version (vanilla, G&K or BNW) of the game you are trying to use it with.

I just subscribed to about a dozen mods in Steam but only one of them is showing up in my mods list.

I followed the steps here and tried unsubbing + resubbing as well as the cache edit from post #8 in this thread.

I deleted all the mods inside the MODS folder and relaunched and when I went to the mods screen I watched all the mods I was subscribed to download but after the download bar had filled they disappeared and I was sitting there with only one mod in the list. The same one as before.

EDIT: So far I've only gotten two mods to show up and they are both map mods by Hormigas. If that makes things anymore specific.

Anyone here ever run into anything similar?

when i try to download mod through steam they just get stuck saying "Transferring" And nothing happens from there..

I have all DLC du the game installed.

I have tried removing the mods and unsub and sub again and remove chach files. and reinstall the game. But nothing helps?

I also tried post #8 from this thread.

HEEEEELP...

Question: What would be causing my uploaded mods to crash people's Civ5 upon download after subscribing? (at the mod's screen)

Corrupt .civ5mod file. .civ5mod file so large that the game can't download it fully (would also depend on the player's connection speed), or possibly because there's a y in the day of the week

To download mods directly from the Steam Workshop website i would suggest Greasemonkey + Enhanced Steam Workshop Downloader (just google for both). I've only tried it on Windows with Firefox, but should work on MacOS as well.

Did you remove all your mods from Steam? I don't seem to be able to get them anymore.

edit: I followed your instructions on PickNMix and got them.

maybe its me...

but I have the R.E.D. WW2 mods, I enable them, and then I pick single player and there is NO "custom game" option so I can pick the WW2 game. this is what the R.E.D. instructions say to do and I don't see the words "custom game" anywhere.

ANNOYED!

@whoward69 or anyone else that knows the answer:
Are the Pick'N'Mix Mods available through the Steam Workshop?

I have things working manually well enough, but I feel like I might be missing something. I only just started with mods.

Also, I don't know how to find Mods on the Steam Workshop except through searching by name -- assuming I know the same from the CFC forums. Is it just me, or could the Steam Workshop browsing by topic feature be *ahem* more robust?

Thanks!

Top Bottom