Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

I try to play the mod through the Steam Civ III Complete game, but when I try to enter it the following error message appears:

ERROR READING FILE
Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Herdstone

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully this is of use for bug fixing.

Try to replace your damaged file with the linked one.
You have to put it in "Civ3_install_folder\Conquests\Scenarios\WH2\Text"

Try to replace your damaged file with the linked one.
You have to put it in "Civ3_install_folder\Conquests\Scenarios\WH2\Text"

Thank you for the help! I'll try to describe what I've done differently from the installation instructions:

I have replaced the file, with no difference at start-up of the Warhammer mod. I do not know if this is a problem with Steam or if I missed something in the installation description (I read carefully, however), but the only way to make the WH2 option show up in the Conquests menu is to put the files in (C: )\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Conquests.

If I put all the files in ...\Conquests\Scenarios no option for WH2 shows up in the Conquests in-game menu. This mod can probably be played on Steam, if one knows how to install it.

Also, I found the PediaIcons in ...\WH2.5\WH2\Text, where I replaced them. No Text existed in the "stand-alone" WH2 folder (the one not put into the WH2.5).

Do you have any suggestions how to proceed next? All help is appreciated. :)

You can access the Scenario folder in-game from the "Civ-Content" buttom in the openening menu of the game. However, the game should work even though it is accessed from the Conquest folder too.

When you download the game it is important that you first install the main download, then add the patch into the same folder.

Also, I found the PediaIcons in ...\WH2.5\WH2\Text, where I replaced them. No Text existed in the "stand-alone" WH2 folder (the one not put into the WH2.5).

Hmm, maybe the problem is as follow:
Looking at the path you indicate, I can imaging that you downloaded the mod, called WH2.5.rar (or .zip), uncompressed it and put it in the ...\conquest\scenarios folder.
Right?
If so, you're wrong :)
You should only put in ...\scenarios the CONTENT of the uncompressed folder WH2.5, not the folder itself! This content being: a folder called WH2 and .biq file named WH2.5

If I'm right, the best thing you should do is:
1 - erase everything concerning the mod you already put in various CIV3 folders, including the mod itself and files you replaced/modified
2 - uncompress again the mod and put everything (the biq and the folder) in the right place

Thank you very much for the help! I can now access the main game and am in the process of adding the patch (and thereafter the advisor portraits). The current problem is as follows:

When I uncompress the patch files I receive a WH2 folder and WH2.5.biq file. The content of the patch folder is different from the main game files. When I try to paste the folder and biq file into the Scenarios folder the identical names cause a conflict. Shall I overwrite the main game files? How to proceed?

Just overwrite the files. That's the whole point of the patch, it adds some updated files.

Excellent. Everything works in fine order now. The mod is thus compatible with Steam, and for the future release of the mod update you can incorporate some fool-proof installation guidelines. ;)

i went into the PediaIcons.txt and deleted the part that said 'middle ages' so its led to the right folder. no idea why that was there in the first place but its working now. thank you for your help

can you give me the folder Conquests\Scenarios\WH2\Art\Units\Spy? mine is missing some files for some reason and making my game lock up

@lethaltoto why thank you :)

I am, but it has stalled recently due to waiting for new units. There were several previews, but they aren't done yet. I do have a more ud to date version, waiting to be posted when I have the last graphics.

If you have any suggestions for the update, feel free to post them. :)

Oh that's great! I hope you can complete this! Is there anything I can help with?

ok...

YOU CALL THIS A MOD! MY GRANNY COULD DO BETTER THAN YOU IN HER SLEEP! NOW TO THE FLOOR AND GIVE ME 100 MODS NOW!!! :D

Yoda Power, if you get on again on this mod I'll still continue to worship you as the main god among civ moder's gods!

(good encouragement, no? :thumbsup: )

Thank you. But as I wrote, the real problem is waiting for new units. :/

So, do you need any help with the units? Which ones are you specifically in need for?

Top Bottom