Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5

Started up my first game today as Chaos Dwarves. Tons of fun so far, yet I would really like to build some Dark Forges for our UW, as I am all by myself on an island with few luxuries, however, I still havn't been able to figure out when I get Dwarven Ingenuity; I have advanced to the dark ages, but I still havn't recieved it while I see people all around me building things out of Monarchy and such.

When does each civ get its free tech?

You need workshops in your cities to build them, right?

You start with your free tech :)

Windmills actually. I discovered that after I built my first windmill and the dark forge was the recommended building.

I feel silly now, but I suppose thats good to know for the future.

I hate these annoying and laggy respawns of these spells that appear when you build the wizard's guild, when you make your next update on this game, please remove the wizard's guild respawns, and make another spell in replace of that, to prevent these annoying and overstacked spells.

I like them, you get rid of them all by starting a fight...
Also if you really cant stand them just open up the editor and remove it, or reduce the spawn rate but swap it for a more powerfull spell or something...

I like them, you get rid of them all by starting a fight...
Also if you really cant stand them just open up the editor and remove it, or reduce the spawn rate but swap it for a more powerfull spell or something...

Either that, or he just shouldn't bother building the wizard's guild in the first place. Besides, the wizard's guild spawns one fireblast every 20 turns, which isn't really a lot.

mrtn, I downloaded this mod a few months back and have enjoyed playing it in my spare time. I'm still feeling my way through it and have lost more games than I've won, but it's been fun, so congratulations.

I do have one question, though: why is it that only Chaos governments can build The Underways and carry out espionage missions? Although it's not a decisive advantage, it seems a little unbalanced, and seems like an ability that all civs should have. I know I can just change this in the game editor, but I thought I'd try to find out from you what your reasoning was on this before I do that.

Thanks.

By God's thundering testicles, this is a fine mod! Works well both as random and with the WHworld map, though I prefer the WH map for authenticity. The WHmap is particularly good fun for playing as the Dark Elves, since you can build up in relative isolation (barring sporadic attacks by the Norse) before raiding the coasts of all the other civs.

By God's thundering testicles, this is a fine mod! Works well both as random and with the WHworld map, though I prefer the WH map for authenticity. The WHmap is particularly good fun for playing as the Dark Elves, since you can build up in relative isolation (barring sporadic attacks by the Norse) before raiding the coasts of all the other civs.

I've played only with random maps. Where is the WHworld map available for download? I haven't seen a thread with it. Thanks.

Hi all, i'm using the Civ3 complete edition,

placed the WH2.5 folder and WH2.5.biq to the Scenarios folder,

so far I have encountered 1 problem

1) "Art\Units\EtruscanChariot\EtruscanChariotAttack.flc." is missing
[it's EtruscanChariotAttack.flc. - no idea why it shows as .f lc. in the post]
(but the file is actually in WH2.5\Art\Units\EtruscanChariot\EtruscanChariotAttack.flc folder)
I think it's the high elf's chariot? Something wrong with the ".flc." instead of ".flc"?

I'll be grateful for any help :)
Can't play against high elves for now.

1) "Art\Units\EtruscanChariot\EtruscanChariotAttack.flc." is missing
[it's EtruscanChariotAttack.flc. - no idea why it shows as .f lc. in the post]
(but the file is actually in WH2.5\Art\Units\EtruscanChariot\EtruscanChariotAttack.flc folder)
I think it's the high elf's chariot? Something wrong with the ".flc." instead of ".flc"?

Hello,
This is weird, as the INI file indeed appears to have a unnecessary dot at the end that causes the crash on your computer, while it's always been there and haven't caused any problems whatsoever for other people. Civ3Complete or Vista maybe? Anyway, to fix it just go to EtruscanChariot.INI file inside the EtruscanChariot folder, and remove the dot at the end of 10th line ("ATTACK1=EtruscanChariotAttack.flc.").

I guess the mongol thing was solved?

Hello,
This is weird, as the INI file indeed appears to have a unnecessary dot at the end that causes the crash on your computer, while it's always been there and haven't caused any problems whatsoever for other people. Civ3Complete or Vista maybe? Anyway, to fix it just go to EtruscanChariot.INI file inside the EtruscanChariot folder, and remove the dot at the end of 10th line ("ATTACK1=EtruscanChariotAttack.flc.").

I guess the mongol thing was solved?

Yeah, i think i moved the mongol file and now put it back to the proper position.

Thanks for the help, i think both will work now :)
Going to play again.

By the way, addictive mod you guys created and promoted :)

This mod is the best I ever seen.:crazyeye: :goodjob: :worship: :worship: :thanx:

I have now played about 10 games and I am finally playing the skaven, which I am enjoying immensely. Since this Mod began I have played several other games of varying genres, and I always come back to this one.

I have no complaints, just praise. I also have found that putting the headphones on while playing the skaven gives you a little extra "squeaky" good feeling.

Thanks again.

LouisLion

:spank: Bad computer hurry up and extract faster!!!

I need to get myself a military grade E1 line and a 10k RPM RAID hard-drive set-up.

Stupid outdated 2002 technology...:scan:

:sad: I wanna play!!!

*edit*

Whoa!

Okay now this is just plain cool. Definately kudos on this mod. If you ever wanted to feel proud of yourself for doing something cool this ranks right next to Johnson making welfare available to the handicapped/disabled.

Wow.
I downloaded this a few days ago and started playing and let me tell you, this is one of the best mods around. I'm currently playing as Chaos Dwarfs.

While it could be just that I'm playing it on Skavenslayer (a wonderful touch, btw) I can't help but think that the various guilds and wonders that produce new units, combined with the spell-spawning Dark Forges, are a bit overpowering.
As an example, in my game I've built the Palace of the Wizard Caliph (spawns Earth Elementals) and the (Guild that spawns Mercenaries), and a Dark Forge in most of my cities. A period of build-up afforded me, without spending turns or shields on making them, a huge army of tough elementals and mercenaries, along with enough Gaseous Clouds to smash (with some spell-towers on the borders) three factions in one fell swoop.

Top Bottom