Railway production bonus : how does it work?

Question

King
Does anyone know how it works (code wise)? Im trying to figure out how to give the capital the 20% production bonus as well but i cant find the game code that implements a 20% bonus when connected via railways to the capital.

I thought about making the tech itself give a 20% production to the capital instead, but there doesnt seem to be an existing row name that i can use for it...

See CvCity.cpp. The bonus is applied here:

Code:
int CvCity::getGeneralProductionModifiers(CvString* toolTipSink) const
{
	int iMultiplier = 0;

// Railroad to capital?
	if(IsIndustrialRouteToCapital())
	{
		const int iTempMod = GC.getINDUSTRIAL_ROUTE_PRODUCTION_MOD();
		iMultiplier += iTempMod;
		if(toolTipSink && iTempMod)
		{
			GC.getGame().BuildProdModHelpText(toolTipSink, "TXT_KEY_PRODMOD_RAILROAD_CONNECTION", iTempMod);
		}
	}

return iMultiplier;
}

The connection is checked here:
Code:
/// Connected to capital with industrial route? (Railroads)
void CvCity::DoUpdateIndustrialRouteToCapital()
{
	AI_PERF_FORMAT("City-AI-perf.csv", ("CvCity::DoUpdateIndustrialRouteToCapital, Turn %03d, %s, %s", GC.getGame().getElapsedGameTurns(), GetPlayer()->getCivilizationShortDescription(), getName().c_str()) );
	// Capital - what do we want to do about this?
	if(isCapital())
	{
	}
	// Non-capital city
	else
	{
		if(GET_PLAYER(getOwner()).IsCapitalConnectedToCity(this, GC.getGame().GetIndustrialRoute()))
		{
			SetIndustrialRouteToCapital(true);
		}
	}
}

You can add your code to the currently empty block after if(isCapital()), for example it can set the connection to true when the railroad tech is discovered.

Edit: If you want to do it without DLL modding, you can create a hidden building that gives +20% production and add it to the capital using Lua, when the tech is researched.

Top Bottom