need help with mod

hunterx767

Chieftain
I need help with my mod I have tried everything and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong my game version is complete and has the most recent patch sdk is v1 ( I got it off steam)) any help or advice is appreciated please note it shows up on the mods list but not in my civ select list

also I am not worried about any of the artwork atm so if the problem is do to the art a workaround would be apreciated

Attachments

• Mystical Atlantis.rar
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
First, there's something not right in your ModBuddy project, though I am blessed if I can figure out what. I made a new mod using your files by doing nothing except adding the files to a new mod using ModBuddy's "ADD > EXISTING ITEM". After doing so the mod works but there are still some problems with the XML code. Also, you have references to DDS files that don't as yet exist.

From DataBase.log:
Code:
[1225401.953] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[1225401.953] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1225401.953] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CAERNARFON, Caernarfon, ).
[1225401.953] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Gametext.xml.
[1225401.953] columns Language, Tag are not unique

Code:
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_CAERNARFON">
			<Text>Caernarfon</Text>
		</Row>
This city name is used by the Celts, and is therefore a repeat TXT_KEY_ string in your mod. Repeats uses of TXT_KEY strings are not allowed, and the game will discard the entire file. Your whole GameText file is being discarded by the game, and due to this there are a boat-load of other errors showing in the DataBase.log, but once you fix the repeat issue (and assuming there are not more that the game never got to since it stops reading an XML file when it encounters a failure-mode error) that boatload of other errors should go away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From DataBase.log:
Code:
[1225401.953] table IconTextureAtlases has no column named Roland
[1225401.953] In Query - insert into IconTextureAtlases('Roland', 'IconSize', 'Filename', 'IconsPerRow', 'IconsPerColumn') values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?);
[1225401.953] In XMLSerializer while updating table IconTextureAtlases from file IconTextureAtlases.xml.

Code:
		<Row>
			<[COLOR="Red"]Roland[/COLOR]>Civ_Leader_Roland_Drago</[COLOR="Red"]Roland[/COLOR]>
			<IconSize>256</IconSize>
			<Filename>Leader_Roland_Drago256.dds</Filename>
			<IconsPerRow>8</IconsPerRow>
			<IconsPerColumn>8</IconsPerColumn>
		</Row> 
		<Row>
			<[COLOR="Red"]Roland[/COLOR]>Civ_Leader_Roland_Drago</[COLOR="Red"]Roland[/COLOR]>
			<IconSize>128</IconSize>
			<Filename>Leader_Roland-Drago128.dds</Filename>
			<IconsPerRow>8</IconsPerRow>
			<IconsPerColumn>8</IconsPerColumn>
		</Row>
"Roland" needs to be "Atlas".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See also these:
whoward69's enable error logging tutorial
whoward69's zip your mods and attach tutorial (shows which version of the mod is best to attach to a post)

And some 'boiler-plate' links to tutorials that might be useful if you haven't stumbled on them already:
  1. LuvToBuild's The Newbie’s Guide to Modding Civilization 5
  2. whoward69's what ModBuddy setting for what file types tutorial
  3. whoward69's DDS Texture (Image File) Creation and Usage for Beginners
  4. FramedArchitect's Icon and Screen Pixel Dimension Reference tutorial

thank you will do those how do you do the art work I admit I have no clue how to work the dds(art files) and I didn't realize one of the cities was already in game

Top Bottom