Caveman 2 Cosmos

Curious issue, In the bug mod options I've enable resource display. Yet, whenever I minimize the game and later return the panels are all mucked up to the point where it doesn't display any information at all. Help?

Curious issue, In the bug mod options I've enable resource display. Yet, whenever I minimize the game and later return the panels are all mucked up to the point where it doesn't display any information at all. Help?

Is that running full screen or in a window? I've always had random lockups and crashes when running full screen and doing an alt-tab out, then trying to come back again. Usually works, but after a few times, it will crash the game.

On a completely separate note, are all the Culture buildings supposed to spread to each city in the player's empire? I was able to build the English culture in one city, but it didn't show up in any of my others. I'm on v15

On a completely separate note, are all the Culture buildings supposed to spread to each city in the player's empire? I was able to build the English culture in one city, but it didn't show up in any of my others. I'm on v15

Right now there are only 2 of the 3 planned culture buildings made.

1. Regional Cultural (aka Native Culture) this spreads a regional cultural to every city. Ex. Culture (European)

2. Local Culture this is what use to be called an "Embassy". This enables spcific units and buildings. Ex. Culture (Roman).

3. National Culture this has not been done yet. Once you obtain 3 cities with the same local culture then you can build a wonder that enables that local culture to all cities within your empire. Ex. National Culture (Roman).

3. National Culture this has not been done yet. Once you obtain 3 cities with the same local culture then you can build a wonder that enables that local culture to all cities within your empire. Ex. National Culture (Roman).

I'm sure when the Version with this buildings are released I will start a new game again ^^

Any saves already going on will KEEP any city restriction already in place due to current Civics. The changes you've made won't show until you start a new game.

Not true any more. I altered the load code for max compat to reset it from the current civic info for just this reason at load time (because the assets might have changed since the save)

Since you are at war with them the number of cities is the known number of cities not the actual number of cities. You can tell this because the number is blue. As you find more of their cities the number will change.

Edit I have tar pits working. I just need a button. the oil one does not look right. My volcanoes are now to high but are still being put on peaks.:confused:

Yeh, the volcano levitation in that screenshot is exactly what I was seeing and rather kills it for me. I can't understand how the map generator is placing them for you though! For me placing them via Python explicitly works (e.g. - in event code as pe the original mods usage) but until I made modifications (which you don't have unless you took the DLL I attached previously) I couldn't get the map generator to place them.

I think DH is well ahead of me on getting new tearrains in, so I'm going to lay off this, since I still have lots to do elsewhere. I plan to address the issues with fixed borders today.

That seems a feature, you can "load" units to Adventurer and move around with it's speed.

Lol nice bug. However, it does raise the interesting possibility of land-carriers (or air) in future era. My only concern would be that the AI won't have a clue how to use them.

Lol nice bug. However, it does raise the interesting possibility of land-carriers (or air) in future era. My only concern would be that the AI won't have a clue how to use them.

It doesn't. As has been shown in many mods already. The AI only understands transport units on water.

It doesn't. As has been shown in many mods already. The AI only understands transport units on water.

Yeh, that's what I meant. Having read the AI code I am well aware of that - should have been more explicit in my use of the word 'concern' which was meant to be a concern that because the AI doesnt understand it would be a large penalty to it in practise, rather than a concern that the AI might not understand ;-)

Of course, I can address that in the AI code, but it would be a fairly large job to make it use them effectively

Right now there are only 2 of the 3 planned culture buildings made.

1. Regional Cultural (aka Native Culture) this spreads a regional cultural to every city. Ex. Culture (European)

2. Local Culture this is what use to be called an "Embassy". This enables spcific units and buildings. Ex. Culture (Roman).

Thank you for that explanation. So it seems there is just a small handful of Regional Cultures, which can only be obtained as your single starting culture and then from assimilation. Any of these acquired spreads automatically and opens up the potential of other "sub-cultures." Any way to acquire other cultures without the "Warmonger" route? Possibility of a Great Artist doing this?

#3 I see. Sounds rough! :sad: I suppose the Great Farmer can help with this though.

Is that running full screen or in a window? I've always had random lockups and crashes when running full screen and doing an alt-tab out, then trying to come back again. Usually works, but after a few times, it will crash the game.

Full screen. There is no real issue when I alt+tab in or out except for a 5 second freeze. It's just that the resource interface gets all wonky.

Thank you for that explanation. So it seems there is just a small handful of Regional Cultures, which can only be obtained as your single starting culture and then from assimilation. Any of these acquired spreads automatically and opens up the potential of other "sub-cultures." Any way to acquire other cultures without the "Warmonger" route? Possibility of a Great Artist doing this?

#3 I see. Sounds rough! :sad: I suppose the Great Farmer can help with this though.

Not at the moment but i am open to ideas. Since the regional cultures are based on your civs's unique building there is no way to give you another Native Culture. However it would be possible to give the free building. Perhaps a new "Diplomat" unit could be sued to spread regional cultures. But its beyond my skills.

Much more would have to be figured out before attempting a diplomatic means of spreading cultural buildings. I suspect it would have to be done much like missionaries do for religions.

Attached savegame CTD's on end of turn.
Using v15 with the name Caveman2CosmosSolo on the folder.
I also edited a few files. Let me know if you need those to check the CTD properly. Mainly 5-10-15-20 cities per civics, increased City Maintenance and reduced unit costs for the AI but also a few other small things.

It's a fun game so any solution would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

Attached savegame CTD's on end of turn.
Using v15 with the name Caveman2CosmosSolo on the folder.
I also edited a few files. Let me know if you need those to check the CTD properly. Mainly 5-10-15-20 cities per civics, increased City Maintenance and reduced unit costs for the AI but also a few other small things.

It's a fun game so any solution would be gratefully received.

Cheers.

Have you updated to the current dll?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=434712

Not at the moment but i am open to ideas. Since the regional cultures are based on your civs's unique building there is no way to give you another Native Culture. However it would be possible to give the free building. Perhaps a new "Diplomat" unit could be sued to spread regional cultures. But its beyond my skills.

Much more would have to be figured out before attempting a diplomatic means of spreading cultural buildings. I suspect it would have to be done much like missionaries do for religions.

Yeah, I thought about a unit that could be made, but that seems like it might be too easy. A Great Person of some kind would make it more valuable. Or perhaps if you captured an enemy unit, you could bring it back to your city and use it to create the Culture building much like how animals work.

One concern is that if it takes so long to get those Local Cultures, you may miss the chance for some of the earlier unique units of that culture. For example, if I am not able to get the Roman culture until the Industrial Age, the Praetorian unit would be useless. This is assuming those types of unique units still exist.

How about making culture similar to a good that can be traded?
Ex. If you are an allied of another civ, then they could trade you a diplomat or culture that would make it possible for you to make these buildings or whatever?

How about making culture similar to a good that can be traded?
Ex. If you are an allied of another civ, then they could trade you a diplomat or culture that would make it possible for you to make these buildings or whatever?

Well you can make units tradeable, however that would mean we need a unit for each culture, which will get annoying if we have a ton of cultures. Likewise if we make culture into a tradable resource then the other real resources will loose value.

Then again if the only thing traded is the regional culture then that lowers the amount to only 6 types of diplomats or 6 types of resources. Which seems more doable.

If done via resources then culture would spread via roads and other trade methods which may make things more interesting.

In short I think the best method would be to make 6 new resources that would be produced by the 6 Native Culture buildings.

Nice brainstorming guys! :goodjob:

How can the Turkish have 3 War Chariot without even have the resource Horse at theyr only city and also not having the needed Culture for it?
Because there also two Homo neanderthalis in his stack I somehow expect its a barbarian city that have emerged could this be the reason?

Top Bottom