El-J 03 ~ Going Rogue, AoI Style

Hmm, maybe y'all ought to consider a training SG using AOI v3. I would do it if I could get the mod downloaded. Where is cable internet when you need it?

thanks Whomper. i guess i could launch this weekend, play he first 5 urns and then you're in the 2-spot.

i can add you to the roster Zelet. just "check in" (affirmatively post your participation :) ) or if --

@TheOverseer714
yes :) a training game would work nicely for AoI. there are the core elements of civ that can be accented. no way to get a thumbdrive to a high speed computer?

Nice move by the Phillies. They get to keep Hawp, not clean out their farm system, and get a little less left handed on their starting staff along with not having to worry about a proven number 1 for awhile.

Honestly, I think in addition to the above, they are also looking in the post season as far as what is more favorable against the Cardinals as well since the Cards have a very heavy right handed line up. Other playoff teams do as well and getting a proven right hander will help Philly. Even without Holliday, I think the Cards should be favorites for the central. None of the other teams have made any earth shaking moves and while the Reds should be better and its hard to imagine the Cubs doing worse than last season, you figure if health is ok for all teams, the Cards should roll there.

Sorry for the off topic spam. ;)

Honestly, I think the US is the way to go for a more exciting game without having tons to manage.

. . . .@TheOverseer714
yes :) a training game would work nicely for AoI. there are the core elements of civ that can be accented. no way to get a thumbdrive to a high speed computer?
lurker's comment: Is this definitely going to be a TDG? If so, I'll be glad to add it to the archive.

If this is a training game it will be helpful to know what level the team members are comfortable playing at (ie regent, monarch etc).

El J--it would probably be best that you and I split up. We should slot the trainees between the more experienced players so they can be advised on their play.

juan pierre to the chisox :)

i hadn't planned on it being a training game...to be honest. would be open to it though but that was not the intent. Kly would be a super "Trainer" as well, probably better then me :blush:

update :

Current Roster:
El Justo
Whomp
Klyden
Adler17
Donkeyman
Arexander
ZeletDude

please advise if you would like to shuffle up or down that listed order. i can "launch" or someone else can if they want. no problems for me but thought i'd bat leadoff since i started the thread :D

7 spots total - would round it off to an even 8 if there is one more person out there that's interested. no sweat if not.

@TheOverseer714
i love the idea of a training game. i am sure that we could get some interested folks in the AoI scenario thread. also, i can help you get the files if that is needed - or give you recommendations. let me know if you're interested :)

7 spots total - would round it off to an even 8 if there is one more person out there that's interested. no sweat if not.
*fiddles*
*Twiddles thumbs*
*Juggles*
... Heck with it. Yeah, toss me in there - I don't particularly care where in the order, just not in the top 3. Everyone make sure to read CommandoBob's thread on how to play a Succession Game! I'll try not to sink the ship :p

If Arexander and ZeletDude have not played a SG I think we should move them in the order. You can slot Klyder and myself between them.

I still have to DL the new version. :D

Pierre for Pods...that's the deal.

no way to get a thumbdrive to a high speed computer?

Yeah, I could probably talk my nephew into downloading the files. I'd need specific details on where to get the files so I can pass them on to him, as he is not familiar with this site.

im down to play. Japan or Italy are probably my two favorite positions to play. You can really put a beating on the Ottomans as italy once you build up your navy a little.

ok, easyhasaids :) i'll add you as well. it will make nine but hey, the more the merrier i guess :D

for those who have not DL'ed the files...i am going to upload the files again, probably in the next few days. so unless you want to get a taste before we launch (v4.0 is fully functionable despite a few smallish bugs and some bad links in the CivP), just wait a few days and i'll have them ready.

for those that have already DL'ed it (v4.0), i will have a patch for you so you don't have to re-DL the large file.

noted, Whomp, on the order. i'll mix it up a little.

here's my preferred civ, in order:
US
Japan
Italy

how does this look ? :D

Roster:
1.) El Justo
2.) easyhasaids
3.) Arexander
4.) Klyden
5.) Adler17
6.) Donkeyman