True Start Location Earth Maps

I have been having the same City State contact problems that others have described

Has anyone been able to solve this problem? When I open up the scenario editor, no city state is listed as contacted any other civ.

Arrrggghhh

Has nobody had this problem? Am I the only one?

I tried erasing all of the City State, then adding them back again, but that didnt help. Instead, the civs were just connected to different City States than the ones they were before.

I would just be using another Map, but so far the only ones people have made have been huge, and those maps are just too big for me (and my computer)

Probaly the wrong place to post but Im playing the version of this which is described as extra hexes for the UK and Japan.. However I dont seem to have Glasgow or Dublin when I start? Have I done something wrong?

Dear Dale,

First; great job making this map. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to complete it, and in turn thousands of players are enjoying it. A job well done.

I have a few minor suggestions however and a minor ' bug ?' perhaps.

Currently Napoleon is starting in germany, I have no idea where you are from, I myself am from Holland, and it's weird having France besides you, and then Germany.

In my own humble opinion, France should be moved 2 tiles to the left, and then 2 down. And Germany should replace France's current location, about, maybe even 1 tile to the right of that.

There is an advantage on this, which I discovered playing England, France will not expand in France this way, if they do, they will expand on the border of Spain making it impossible for England to sail past France without engaging in war early game. Because Napoleon will then controll the coasts that are sailable.

On a secondary note - it seems that when I put the game on 'normal' difficulty, enemy groups suddenly manage to heal to full during 1 turn of fortification. Hence, making it fairly impossible for me to destroy any units.

Regards
-BHTrix

Is this still working? I really want to play an Earth map as a European civ but can't get this to work.

I installed the mod and I can browse mods and see it and enable it, but it doesn't show up in load scenarios, only the mongol scenario from Firaxis is showing up.

Anyone got any ideas to help?

Edit: NWM, I was doing it wrong, trying to go back out of Mods and start is as singleplayer.

When I open the map up in World Builder there are no resources. Do you plan on releasing a version with resources?

YES!! Bruce Campbell!!!

Quick question: Anyone running into the issue where when they load one of the TSL maps, all of the starting points are random? For example, if you play as France, you end up in the Americas. The United States ends up for in Asia, Japan in Africa, and so on, randomly placed around the map -- rather defeats the whole true start locations idea.

I get the same issue with maps I've made in World Builder, so I think it may be something that I am doing, or not doing, but I don't know what. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

check load scenario.

Ok, I just figured it out -- totally stupid on my part. I've been loading the maps from the Advanced setup instead of the basic, so was not seeing the scenario option.

~S

Im having a problem with the mod. Originally I put the mod file in the MODS folder and it wasnt found. So I unziped it using 7zip and it appeared in the mods menu and I was able to enable it.

When I set up game there are no new maps available, nothing prefixed with TSL.

Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Thanks

[Edit] I was never able to "install" the mod because it was never found ingame even though it was in the MODS folder. So I just unzipped and it was found in "installed" mods, but I guess it never actually installed? Where would the mod install put the map or info file? should I put them somewhere other than MODS folder (ModUserData?, Maps? etc)

OMG you have to start game from mods menu. Jeez that was not intuitive I just kept going from mod menu to mods back to main menu, didnt even see I could start a game from the mods menu.

I am all good now.

Im playing the edited Huge map, one question though, Im England and I have uncovered most of europe. There are no horses at all, which is causing me problems.

Is there an easy way to change the resource settings using the map file?

Thanks.

Hey Dale, great maps, really awesome, just a minor point I have (could be outdated):
Russia and Rio de Janeiro DOW'ed me as the Ottomans and I noticed it was still BC. Not even on King are the AI that Rationalists (they aren't). That was on King.

does anyone know why the tiny map does not have (or appear to support) natural wonders? I used WB to add in a few of the missing ones (everything except cerro de potosi and el dorado, basically) and i get an immediate CTD as soon as i start the scenario. i've read through this post and know that i'm starting the scenario correctly (getting all the TSLs, etc.).

as far as other mods i have installed, i don't have a list in front of me, but it's mostly:
Thal's balance combined (which is awesome)
Civwilliard
hoverinfo
R.E.D. modpack
tech difusion
trading post redesigned
etc.

i'm not sure that any of those or others i can't think of mess natural wonders...

Also, Gedemon, your ynaemp is awesome. I would use that but i'm looking for something smaller and not the codiform earth layout...

Still kind of irrelevant since most people downloading the mod will not be reading your instructions here on this forum.

Also, a player has to activate "turn on" the mod THEN they have to "tick" (sheesh who uses the word tick in replacement of click) on load scenario, and THEN you're going to have people tempted to go to advanced options which is what I did and that screws everything up, so this is an absolute mess for new people. Once they figure it out it will be easy for them, but initially a lot of people are going to mess this up and that can only be blamed on the game design. Who beta tested this and gave poor feedback :) j/k. There are a lot of words all over the screen and so the "load scenario" button doesn't stand out enough. Might want to add another "load scenario" button on the advanced options screen too, just to be on the safe side. Doesn't matter what kind of excuse you want to throw out, the bottom line is I can guarantee you lots and lots of people are going to mess this up initially. Oh well, they'll figure it out after a few tries.

Also, that part where you have to activate the mod by clicking that small little circle. Lots of people are going to miss that too. That definitely can be improved.

Not user-friendly at all.

Still though, Dale this is a good map, it should make lots of people very happy.

Also, I think a better spot for the "load scenario" button would be directly next to the START game button.

This post is really helpful. I did all the things you talk about here, and agree with your opinions about what would be helpful to gamers with the Steam stuff. Anyway, with some of my game software on an external dribe, other than C, and haing tried to play my first mod game i tried to use adanced options to set up the game, it screwed up all of it as you said it did with you. How do I get past this issue? DO i need to reinstall all of the list, and can i use adanced options at all? Thanks for a reply.

Utopianwizard

Top Bottom