ISDG 2012 - Server Announcements, Connection Issues and Questions

The only way to change turn order is to let a team or teams making double move. at this stage it can not happen.

The only way to change turn order is to let a team or teams making double move. at this stage it can not happen.

Could you, or someone else, please give me an insight into how the current wars are configured? I.e. Who is at war with who, and how a turn order reconfiguration would impact the game negatively.

Send it to me in a PM please.

I think the game server is down, i was kicked out. I hope i won't have to replay these moves, took me quite long.. :)

It was just a temporary outage of my Internet connection. You should be able to connect again now, and continue where you left off.

I still can't connect, but since I'm at workplace it could be firewall issue.

No, it was because I rebooted the router and reloaded the games, since someone reported they still couldn't connect. Try again now :)

still not working for me

Then it has to be a local issue for you, as there are several people have logged in and out after I reloaded the games. Unless you are trying to connect to the IP and not to caledorn.no-ip.org that is. My IP changed earlier today, so the old IP will not work now.

Hi there,

Hunter is the new sub of zioun (UCIV team).:popcorn:

I completely forgot..

Thank you very much for doing the necessary intra--team arrangements to ensure that your turns get played in a timely fashion. I appreciate that very much, and I am sure that all the other teams also appreciate it! :)

Okay guys, here's a suggestion that I believe should work.

The current turn order, as I understand it based on the feedback I have received, is that first Poly plays, then CP plays, then CFC plays, and then CivFR plays. While the current wars are as follows: CFC and Poly is at war with CP and CivFR. If this is incorrect, then please correct me ASAP!

In other words, it would make sense to instead of having a four-way turn split, we reduce this to a regular two-way turn split by moving CFC and Poly into the same half of the turn, while we move CP and CivFR to the other half of the turn. Since UCiv is currently not involved in any war, this will not affect them in any way.

This means there is a potential that for one turn - the turn the turn reordering is done - it would appear that it incurs a double-move situation. I trust that all participating teams in this game adhere to a strict and high code of honour where everyone agrees that double-moving is a bad thing, so I fully trust all teams to adhere to that code, and that this window where double-moves can happen will not be abused by the teams. My suggestion is that the turn this happens will be a turn where all teams agrees to leave the fighting at a standstill for that one turn, so that no team will have any advantage over another because of this, as that will be extremely unfair, and may potentially change the outcome of the current wars dramatically - this should also include mass whipping, drafting etc if that is possible - in effect it will be one turn of white peace between every single team, including even the team that is not at war. There sadly is no way to modify the turn order without giving either CFC the opportunity to double-move CP, or the alternative that CFC actually loses an entire turn of the war - where both scenarios would be grossly unfair.

So, my suggestion is that I ask the Spanish APTMod developers to modify the turn order to this end, placing Poly and CFC in the first half (or second half, if that is desireable), and CP and CivFR in the second half (or first half, if that is desireable). The Spaniards have already told me, as I mentioned earlier, that this is possible, but that it has to be done by them. The turn this happens will be a "White Peace" turn where nobody does anything that can affect the war - including UCiv. Obviously I am not saying that units that are already in production should be stopped building - but no whips/drafting, troop movements, and so forth for this one turn only. Since all teams must avoid affecting the war it should theoretically mean that all teams will be on equal footing the turn after when the wars are again open for business.

Before I go ahead and ask the Spaniards to do this, I need feedback from the teams - particularly if anyone sees a potential for unfair treatment. If I do not hear any feedback on this until Friday the 17. October, however, when I intend to put the other rules regarding pauses etc into effect, I will assume that all teams are in agreement to these changes to the turn order, and that CFC/Poly will get first half, and CP/CivFR will get second half, and that all teams agree to one turn of "White Peace". If there are objections and we need to discuss this further, I will of course postpone that date (but only on the rearrangement of turn order - the rules I proposed about pauses etc will go into effect this Friday regardless of this separate discussion, as there has been no objections or comments to it, so I assume everyone is in full agreement with my suggested rules). It is imperative that all teams are in agreement to these changes before we implement them.

I look forward to your thoughts and feedback, guys! :)

I am also very pleased to see that the game is progressing at a far better rate again now, so everyone: Good work!

i've just sent about 230 units into Aztec territory, so the timing is not ideal for this at all :)

Well, that is definitely a good reason to delay it. Let's revisit the subject if the turn pace slows down again. I am currently quite happy with the turn pace, so this is not an urgent thing. :)

The game server has changed entirely, as I have moved the games into a VPS which is hosted at a location with UPS and surge protection.

The new game address is pitboss.watto.no

For now, it's a temporary arrangement, as I need to test that it actually works - so I have everything stored locally still until we know things work 100%.

Enjoy!

I will be away for almost a week from tomorrow. Considering the average turn length and that it is difficult for anyone to jump into this game,and for just one turn I ask you to take your time in the following turn and if necessary wait for me(pause). There is a chance that I can still play the game, butif not I can finish my next turn next tuesday.

Ok.. I think no one was against early finish of this game, we just didn't agree on the method.
I suggest within the next few days each living team's representative write down what options they found acceptable (if there are more write down each, in order of preference) and then our admin should act along those votes.

Considering the current state of the game (activites) I would
1, callit a 3 way draw between the top 3 players as I think they haveconsiderablemore chanceto win than the other two teams.
2, call it a draw btween eachliving team
3, just end it.

possible other options:
-play for 20-25 more turns. Apparently that wouldn't changemuch and we need subs.
-just wait and play forever
-etc

I agree to finish, method is up to others. No problem with any kind of draw or order. Sorry for being unable to continue. Hope everyone's city razing hunger is satisfied now.

11/12/14 5:07 am CivPlayers Logged out
11/12/14 4:06 am CivPlayers Logged in

And:

11/1/14 8:43 pm A new turn has begun. It is now 1690 AD

Basically, this is an infraction of the rule I set down a few weeks ago, as this means the game has been stalled by CP for 9 days now. For this reason alone, I am seriously considering a disqualification for a draw victory position, as CP was the same team that stalled the game earlier.

I offer the following options to the teams:

* You have until Monday, November 24. to decide on whether to call the game or not.
* CP needs a sub for the game to continue if you decide the game should not be called - I imagine finding a sub who is masochistic enough to sub from that position would be hard, if not impossible. It would require a seriously dedicated player who likes to play from a position where he knows he's more or less doomed, but who likes to see if he can find some solution to the conundrum (CP being retired to AI or simply not playing their turns is not an option at all, as it would make the rest of the game completely off balance).
* If the teams agree that the game should be called, there is the matter of who won the game that is left in the open air. Personally I am having a hard time including CP in that lot, because of their stalling the game so much in spite of my direct order not to do so - but if the teams believe CP should be among the winners, then I have no interest in arguing about that.

If there is no vote from your team until Monday, November 24. your team will basically have forfeit the chance to vote, and I will consider that a blank vote. I encourage the teams to talk among themselves, and to also reach out via PMs or whatever means possible to any teams that are not following these forums to encourage them to voice their opinion and vote.

Top Bottom