Cities from Peace Deals - No Yield From Center Tile

Kevin J

Hewer of Wood
This is an old bug. It was around in Vanilla Civ, and in G & K, and is still here. Was playing a game today, and figured I'd accept a city in a peace deal. I puppeted the city.

Lo and behold, the bug remains!

The city shrank and had no production. The size 1 city showed zero production and 1 food surplus.

I opened the city tile, and the citizen management menu.

By the tile assignment, the city was working its center tile (2 food, 2 production), and a Desert Oasis (3 Food, 1 Gold).

This *should* yield 5 food, 2 production, 1 gold. This should be a net yield of 3 Food, 2 Production, and 1 Gold, after taking into account the 2 food eaten by the 1 citizen.

However, the totals showing in the city screen were 1 Food surplus, 0 Production, and 1 Gold - the center tile yields were not counted at all.

This is an old old old old bug - as old as Civ V. About time it got fixed no?

Back to never accepting cities in peace deals, until I hear word this bug is fixed!

Yes I am experiencing the same bug. Also got city from peace deal. Makes no difference whether puppeted or annexed - center city tile yield does not count

Well dang I just posted this exact bug. But it doesn't happen every time for me; not sure what conditions make it so...

Before I posted mine, I looked for info on the net, and I did find a REALLY old thread with posts in 2010, necro'd in 2011, and necro'd again in 2012, all complaining about it! Maybe I'll go back and add another necro, lol.

Well, upload a save so some V.I.P. can take a look at it.

@ DemonMaster: I did, in the thread that I had started. But since this one is more visited, I'll repost it and hope that it gets fixed sooner.

... Nevermind, it won't let me re-attach files that I already uploaded elsewhere. Will a link to my thread suffice? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504310

If there is a forum ban on urls, please excuse me.

@ DemonMaster: I did, in the thread that I had started. But since this one is more visited, I'll repost it and hope that it gets fixed sooner.

... Nevermind, it won't let me re-attach files that I already uploaded elsewhere. Will a link to my thread suffice? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504310

If there is a forum ban on urls, please excuse me.
You did but most other people who claim to see a bug don't. Good that you did so the devs have a chance to track those nasty lingering bugs down.

Top Bottom