Buying delegates from other civilizations?

radster_X

Chieftain
If you have a spy as a diplomat in a civilizations capital, it unlocks a 'world congress' section to the diplomacy screen with them. It allows you to buy their delegates. I'm a bit confused by this section. Here's why.

It shows what they are going to vote for and allows you to buy their vote.
What is the point of buying it if it is supporting what you have proposed?
Also I thought buying a delegate that was against my proposal to the world congress, could allow me to change it to a Yea, but instead the delegates were commited to Nay immediately, before world congress was held. Could someone explain how this system works?

There is no point in buying delegates if they already support what you've proposed, unless you want to be sure they'll vote for your proposal instead of the other one.

Also I thought buying a delegate that was against my proposal to the world congress, could allow me to change it to a Yea, but instead the delegates were commited to Nay immediately, before world congress was held. Could someone explain how this system works?

You should read the tooltips. You weren't buying a delegate that was against your proposal, you were buying the AI over to vote nay on your proposal.

I suppose some countries want to vote 'Nay' (that is what you see), but you can change their mind. I found out that even when you buy 2 delegates of one country the other delegates of that country can still vote the alternative.

I wonder whether the AI buys votes, too.

Top Bottom