JEELEN's Civ2 Scenarios

:blush: Quite right... It's a redo of your Star Trek: Battle for the Alpha Quadrant (ST: BAQ) - although most of the credits should go to you, ofcourse.:hatsoff: To quote Attila: "Sorry for misunderstanding".

EDIT: Updated post #1.

:blush: Quite right... It's a redo of your Star Trek: Battle for the Alpha Quadrant (ST: BAQ) - although most of the credits should go to you, ofcourse.:hatsoff: To quote Attila: "Sorry for misunderstanding".

EDIT: Updated post #1.

Ah..I get it. I was confused myself...I thought you were talking about the Star Contact series by Nikola Kuprešanin

I guess I just went by the credits, which were all yours, obviously. I think it's fair to say that scenarios like yours where what inspired me into modding in the 1st place - especially the graphics were just incredible IMO. (Star Contact I think was one of the files I uploaded to the new Civ2 database... which still misses quite a lot good stuff, I'm afraid...)

I wouldn't put too much faith in these figures. I've been looking at the number of downloads periodically for the files I've uploaded recently - to see if it's worthwhile releasing this stuff - and there've been some bizarre changes to the download counts, at least for some authors. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, one scenario just went up by 500+ over night and another by over 30. We're talking Civ2 scenarios here.
Ancient Empires 2.7 by Paul (Kull) Sullivan is at 200+ downloads.
Cullivan. He is registered at CFC as "Kull" - if you want to take advantage of the relational database.

Ah, yes. (I re-uploaded also another one of his.)* Don't know about the download counter; what I upload ususally goes up relatively slowly (taking into account everything I've uploaded so far).

BTW, great job on all the ToT conversions! ;)

*EDIT: I just copied the name listed on the old database upload.

Don't know about the download counter; what I upload ususally goes up relatively slowly (taking into account everything I've uploaded so far).
Same here, but look at the first two scenarios on the Sci-Fi page. A couple of days ago both were in double figures. There are a few dodgy ones on the Fantasy page as well.
BTW, great job on all the ToT conversions! ;)
Yeah, I thought I'd clear out the cupboards. Many of those I had stored on Apolyton; others I'd half-converted and had sitting in archives on my hard disk. I've got more of the latter, so if there is a decent number of downloads, I may get around to uploading some of those.
*EDIT: I just copied the name listed on the old database upload.
Well yours can easily be fixed by going to 'Edit File'. ;)

Same here, but look at the first two scenarios on the Sci-Fi page. A couple of days ago both were in double figures. There are a few dodgy ones on the Fantasy page as well.

Did you report it?

Yeah, I thought I'd clear out the cupboards. Many of those I had stored on Apolyton; others I'd half-converted and had sitting in archives on my hard disk. I've got more of the latter, so if there is a decent number of downloads, I may get around to uploading some of those.

I say: go for it! I uploaded some of my own stuff which I had lying around for years (and finished some half-finished ones). Unfortunately a couple of scenarios are lost forever, as I had them on now dead comps (including a Barbarossa campaign on a homemade huge Eastern Europe map)... :( At any rate, it's fun to see that stuff I made way before I uploaded something for Civ4 still gets downloaded. ;)

Well yours can easily be fixed by going to 'Edit File'. ;)

My intent was just to upload some excellent stuff from the old CFC database; I don't really want to 'edit' it (Kull's Ancient scenarios are next to eachother, so anyone can see they're by the same person). The only thing I did edit was kobayashi's excellent Dominion War scenario and the original WW II and Crusade scenarios (which I felt could easily be improved).

Did you report it?
No, I don't care enough. I just happened to notice it. It means the download counter doesn't necessarily reflect the true number of people downloading the files.
My intent was just to upload some excellent stuff from the old CFC database; I don't really want to 'edit' it (Kull's Ancient scenarios are next to eachother, so anyone can see they're by the same person). The only thing I did edit was kobayashi's excellent Dominion War scenario and the original WW II and Crusade scenarios (which I felt could easily be improved).
I wasn't suggesting that you edit the file (I'm sure the author can spell his own name), just the author and description fields.

I wouldn't put too much faith in these figures. I've been looking at the number of downloads periodically for the files I've uploaded recently - to see if it's worthwhile releasing this stuff - and there've been some bizarre changes to the download counts, at least for some authors. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, one scenario just went up by 500+ over night and another by over 30. We're talking Civ2 scenarios here.

If you ask me, its mostly just Civ4 or Civ3 only players downloading indescriminately when they see download links with 'attractive' names. Come on, 600 downloads for my Stargate SG1 in one month?

Well, I DLed it just because it got your name on it.;)

No, I don't care enough. I just happened to notice it. It means the download counter doesn't necessarily reflect the true number of people downloading the files.
I wasn't suggesting that you edit the file (I'm sure the author can spell his own name), just the author and description fields.

I know what you meant, I just wanted to reload the exact original files. (I only added comment if I thought it was helpful in any way.) But if both of you guys noticed something weird about the DL counter, it seems well worth reporting. Just my 0.02 cts.

If you ask me, its mostly just Civ4 or Civ3 only players downloading indescriminately when they see download links with 'attractive' names. Come on, 600 downloads for my Stargate SG1 in one month?
I doubt it. I've visited the downloads section regularly during the last month, as I've uploaded 20+ files. I noticed the changes in the counts for your files because they're sitting near mine (sorted by Date) in the category lists. These figures spiked in only a day or so: Stargate (500+), ST: BFAQ (200+) and LOTOR (30+) were the three anomalies. The first two were already unusually high, compared with the other Star Wars and Star Trek scenarios in the Sci-Fi section (closing in on 100 downloads in less than a month), but even so, you don't get long periods with only a handful of downloads per day followed by one day where half of CFC's visitors have a hard-on for Stargate. I'm guessing a server error or maybe someone using download software that messed with the counter. Beats me. In any case, the data are unreliable. That was my point.

Top Bottom