warmongering, why??

flamingn

Chieftain
so im just getting back into the game and playing bnw.
im playing venice and i go to war with a civilization and now everyone thinks of me as a warmongeror is that all it takes. one war and perma no diplo?

Depends on their attitude towards warmongers. For example, Gandhi is typically not forgiving at all towards warmongers, while Genghis Khan won't care all that much at first.

Depends on their attitude towards warmongers. For example, Gandhi is typically not forgiving at all towards warmongers, while Genghis Khan won't care all that much at first.

That's not true, I have had Khan call me a warmonger early in the game after he had already taken out two CS's and I had only DWed one. He's a hypocrite.

Possibly dumb question, but you didn't have a DoF with the civ you attacked did you? Other civs take a dim view of that.

Please, I attacked one CS and I got labeled as a warmonger by nearly every other civ

the penalty is never permanent. you can always make it go away by doing nice things for the AI (trade deals that favor them, sharing intrigue, proposing resolution they like, denouncing their enemies, befriending their friends, spreading your religion if they don't have one of their own) and avoiding to upset them (don't lie, don't expand to fast etc).

i'm often branded as a warmonger early on because i almost always steal CS workers, but i still manage to befriend most civs later on.

It's much worse. You don't even have to attack. If a civ declares war on you, and you fight back, they also hate you for beeing a warmonger.

That's not true, I have had Khan call me a warmonger early in the game after he had already taken out two CS's and I had only DWed one. He's a hypocrite.

Every AI is a hypocrite.

Your diplomacy with Khan is less affected by a DoW than your diplomacy with a more peaceful leader.

The warmonger tag on the civs in your game. In my current game, I declared war against Morroco, and took their cap and a smaller city. I did not get any warmonger tags. Also, Gandhi is in my game. We are friends.

Top Bottom