Wish 2K was not associated with this

WankIT

Chieftain
Ok, big CIV fan. The only PC game I ever played was the CIV series, starting from the very first one (ignoring my C64 days).

I've also owned the majority of consoles, starting from coleco and atari, all the way to my Xbox 360, which I use strickly for sporting games.

Now, my beef is with 2K, ok, they are only the publisher, or whatever, but if you sell crap, and staple your name all over it, its on your head.

My hockey game I play, always been EA guy until I switch to 2K in 2007, they had a big glitch in the game starting your 3rd season, you could not play past it (if you play every single game - simming it is a different story).

Well, you think they would fix this for 2008? Nope. In fact, they sold their game with a massive bug in it where you couldn't get past 30 or so games in a franchise. They basically sold a game that was rubbish. Now, they patched it for Xbox 360, but still many errors/glitches still exist. In addition, they didn't release a patch for PS3, and the rumored rational is that there were not enough PS3 users to spend the money on a patch. Hence, most people like me just wasted 60 bucks.

Now, I don't care that they are just the 'publisher'. Their reputation in my mind is very bad because of this.

Now, I am still going to by CivRev (because I'm a hardcore CIV fan), but I do not have any high expectations. And I am never going to buy any 2K sports title because of this.

They are not just the publisher - they own Firaxis. Firaxis is now a part of 2K.

This may change soon as EA has tendered an offer for all of Take Two Games (which includes Firaxis and 2K Sports).

I was just being cautious. On the 2k sports forum, people will try to say its not 2k's fault because they are just the publisher, but in my opinion, if your are directly associated it by name in whatever capacity, ie. your name is in the title of the game, then its your reputation. I am not happy with 2K.

Well, you think they would fix this for 2008? Nope. In fact, they sold their game with a massive bug in it where you couldn't get past 30 or so games in a franchise. They basically sold a game that was rubbish. Now, they patched it for Xbox 360, but still many errors/glitches still exist. In addition, they didn't release a patch for PS3, and the rumored rational is that there were not enough PS3 users to spend the money on a patch. Hence, most people like me just wasted 60 bucks.

Sounds like a class action lawsuit to me...

You could try, but I doubt their is a good law firm that would take the case on contingency (if these type of suits were an easy win don't you think they would have been common by now?). Do you want to be the person who puts up the lawyer fees if they lose (this will likely be many thousands of dollars)?

Remember, win or lose the lawyers expect to be paid (they are often the only big winner in a class action suit).

Top Bottom