ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

That's too easy. You must do work! :whipped:
I've been playing the scenario, and I noticed that AI Respawn is on. Also, I think that the Mongols should start with chivalry so that they can build keshiks. And after conquering alot of land, my science rate went way up. I was starting to research techs in 4 turns! You probably need to increase the rate that techs are researched. Also, you should delete, or rename the wonders, because people are builindg the Pyramids and the Hanging Gardens. Other than that, great scenario! :thumbsup:

I'm actually going to delete all techs.:crazyeye: No research for you warmongers out there!:p

Delete all techs! No!!!!!!!!! I had reached the Industrial ages! My empire covered almost the entire map! I had conquered almost every civ! And you want to delete all techs? How dare you! I shall smash you! :joke:
Actually, deleting the techs is a good idea. They have no effect at all on the gameplay, and just are really confusing.
I also noticed that the Mongols have no defensive units. Maybe you should raise teh defense of that infantry unit to make it a defensive unit?

Beta tester? I'm not going to have the time to be a beta tester for a while I'm afraid. I think I've complained enough already, btw. ;) :joke: Maybe in 7 days I can help, but the test will probably be done by then. Keep up the good work, Amenhotep7! :) :goodjob:

I just remembered that deleting all teh techs causes the game to mess up (The Science Advisor continuasly saying that they need guidance), so instead of deleting all teh techs, just make 2 or 3 techs for each era.

Noooo... It doesn't mess up the game in my experience. But if it does, I'll just make one pointless tech that takes longer to research than the game lasts.:crazyeye:

I still think that the defense of teh Mongol Infantry should be raised, making him a defensive unit. AND KEEP THE PENTAGON! I LIKE REALLY BIG ARMIES! Actually, I think you should keep all army related wonders. That way, it will be even easier to smash all who defie the Mongols! :evil:

That'd make it perhaps TOO easy.;)

p.s. sure, I'll make the foot soldier defensive

I agree, four elite Keshiks acting as one outside of a nearly destroyed city with a 1 hit point-remaining pikeman as the only defender is my only joy. ;)

None. People can now download it without giving their email.:)

Any more feedback, Omega?

North King, have you gotten a chance to play yet?

Sorry, I've been to busy playing civ to post. Here are my tech ideas:
ancient age changed to "Rise of Ghenis Khan"
The tech for that age is "Unification of the Mongols", which allows the building of the Pentagon, renamed "War council".
middle age renamed to "Conquest of China"
Tech for that age is "Conquest of China" (couldn't think of a better name :D ) which allows those artillery things.
Industrial age renamed to "Conquest of The Middle East"
I have no idea what the tech for that age should be.
I don't know what the modern age should be renamed to or what it should have.
The Mongols can automatically make keshiks and foot soldiers. The crusaders whould be made slightly stronger (They were completely crushed in my game) and be able to make the crusader unit. The rest, from what I can tell, is very good. :thumbsup:

Oh, and can somebody do sounds for the new units for me? I tried, but to no avail.:sad:

Well, for the Mongol Foot soldier, swordsmen sounds would be nice, except for attack two, which needs the archer's attack sound. For the Mongol Light Cavalry, Keshik sounds'll do. And I'll think of some other ones later...

OK, you need already made sounds added (shouldn't be too much trouble, I've done that a lot).

I'll see what I can do.

Why does the Hun (Mongol Foot Soldier?) have its own sounds, plus Swordsman sounds in its folder?

Here's the Mongol Light Cavalry ini file. Keep the original, in case I horribly messed it up.

Attachments

• Mongolian Horse Archer 2.zip
    635 bytes · Views: 52
Top Bottom