Croatian civilisation

TrashMan

Chieftain
Hi guys.

I made a Croatian civilisation and just noticed that the SDK tool doesn't appear on m Stem tools list (and I have dozens of things listed there, even for games I never had or played).

Could anyone pack it for me, at least till I can find out WTF is going on?

The Civ should be pretty complete.
The leader is King Tomislav, and civ has 2 special units - croatian veterans(longswordsman that start with medic and give a small fight bonus to nearby units..but they are expensive) and Domagojs archers (faster and a bit better in close combat than regular ones)

Their civ trait is +10% fighting bonus in their own territory and +1 gold

Thanks... finding good old maps and flags was not easy. I spent hours looking for a map and am not happy with the one I found, but it works...meh.

TY for the Croatian civilization. Great work. :goodjob:

I like that you choosed king Tomislav and Domagoj's archers, really good choice.
I don't get the Croatian veterans... :crazyeye:
Maybe it's better to replace them with Omiš pirates (galley replacement) or by Alkars (knight replacement).

Just an advice, don't get mad. :goodjob:

EDIT: Here's an really good picture of Alkar that would fit in the game... Picture

Ya, I'm aware of it, but Alkars are not really a war unit, more like a tradition. Besides, I wanted to bring home just how much fighting Croatia did in the 10th-16th century period.

Omiš pirates....hmm..not a bad idea, altough thy don't sound like a military units...being pirates.

I plan to add more modification with time - more unique units and stuff. Right now, I added the Iowa and Yamato battleships for the USA and Japan respectively...and bumped normal battleships with more range.

So this is not going to be a clean Croatian civilization mod, you'll make other changes to the game too?:(

No, this is a clear Croatia mod..the other modifications are something I'm experimenting with on the side.

Sooo...can anyone pack it for me? I can create the modinfo file mannually, but not the md5 checksums. I tried generating them (there's a neat program that cna do that), but it doesn't work. Crash when I try to load my mod.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="Croatia Civ" version="1">
<Properties>
<Name>Croatia</Name>
<Stability>Beta</Stability>
<Description>Adds the leader Tomislav of Croatia.
</Description>
<Authors>TrashMan</Authors>
<SpecialThanks>CivFantatics members</SpecialThanks>
<Homepage>http://forums.civfanatics.com</Homepage>
<AffectsSavedGames>1</AffectsSavedGames>
<MinCompatibleSaveVersion>0</MinCompatibleSaveVersion>
<SupportsSinglePlayer>1</SupportsSinglePlayer>
<SupportsMultiplayer>1</SupportsMultiplayer>
<SupportsMac>1</SupportsMac>
<ReloadLandmarkSystem>0</ReloadLandmarkSystem>
<ReloadUnitSystem>0</ReloadUnitSystem>
</Properties>
<Dependencies />
<References />
<Blocks />
<Files>
<File md5="DD1436359ECA2BECCB29C08E67B8FB5A">CroatiaS.xml</File>
<File md5="3A64EB7388EECFDF632BDB5B431D3757">CroatianAtlas128.dds</File>
<File md5="0104B6149D1DD43A48FEA1B8C52844D1">CroatianAtlas256.dds</File>
<File md5="DD84F9F326FB8F378839D274399D883A">CroatianAtlas32.dds</File>
<File md5="63189B41EAEF5890AD584F4BB5CD75C8">CroatianAtlas45.dds</File>
<File md5="AB8E5A8CFF588EBF4A0689F3FFCE1F2A">CroatianAtlas64.dds</File>
<File md5="11E49830DAC563E47A7E1D45AE23F5A0">CroatianAtlas80.dds</File>
<File md5="A3741D4860373876FA5BB2CD73F5B1C8">MapCroatia.dds</File>
<File md5="56CE401856731F2843C8CF714066CBF9">LeaderAtlas128.dds</File>
<File md5="EE08C381881768F71C94FD46FD739A8A">LeaderAtlas256.dds</File>
<File md5="F074A99D5BE690568C4619E8D5D4BB4F">LeaderAtlas64.dds</File>
<File md5="D173EAB451C46B5E6AEDC02AE3C1D575">CroatiaDawn.dds</File>
</Files>
<Actions>
<OnModActivated>
<UpdateDatabase>CroatiaS.xml</UpdateDatabase>
</OnModActivated>
</Actions>
</Mod>

crapola...on the flipside, I created a new, very short intro animation that replaces the regular one..it only lasts 5 seconds :p

An interesting quote from Napoleon, which I will insert into some of the background text or unit description.

During the years of French ruling in Croatian-Slovenian parts, Croatians served in many French military formations. Napoleon was one of many rulers that were fascinated by Croatian war skills, he said to General Marmont: "I never had more braver and better soldiers". Napoleon also said this: "Croatians, there are best soldiers in the world. If I had only 100000 Croatians, I would conquer the entire world!".

I will be adding new icons and changes to this....IIRC, a civ can have more than 2 unique things, yes?

Either way, I think I'll change the civ trait, but I'm not sure what to make it.

I defiantely want to keep the +10% combat strength in friendly territory, but want to add something to it. Probably positive and negative.
+1 happines per city?
-1 happines for annexed city? or something.... Hm..might require scripting.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Found this...interesting source for ideas:
http://hercegbosna.org/forum/povijest/hrvatski-ratnici-kroz-stoljeca-t2763.html

Thank you for the croatian civ mate. I like it that you choose King Tomislav as their leader, regarding the special units, Domagojs archers are a perfect choice but the veterans dont seem to fit in, at least for me. Maybe some sea units or a better seaport, Ive read that when Tomsilav beatback Hungary and Bulgaria he owned a significant amry and a powerful fleet (source in german: steindorff; croatia: from the middle ages up to present). Regarding +10% combat strength in friendly territory sounds nice and the idea to give a malus of -1 happines for annexed citys seems fair too.

Keep up the good work mate. Btw. if you need webspace to host your file, PM me, I can provide you.

Cheers.

Nah, webspace or file hosting ain't an issue.
The two stumbling points are that I can only work on the mod over weekends and that the SDK doesn't appear on my download list, so I have to do everything manually.

The SDK is there, I'm not sure why you can't see it. I had a problem finding it too until I remembered that the "official" name is "Sid Meier's Civilization V". So look near the bottom of the Tools list and you should find it there :D

Add +100% (or 66%) hammers when building units in war time as special trait. Whenever we were attacked we managed to create an an army really fast. Just remember Vojna Krajna in 17th century where people moved from all parts of Austrian empire because of the low tax rates under the condition that they would automatically join army if war starts...

Top Bottom